dope factory in head road closed down

I heard a good citizen working in office equipment in Ivy House, which apparently overlooks the back of Mr Buttery's house spotted the plants and phoned the Police,

The office equipment people haven't been there for a while, they relocated to Balthane?
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in court today for growing cannabis plants at my house The sentence was 160 hours community service and it's probably lucky that I'm not spending Christmas in Jurby. The process of being raided,

IMHO from his post on this matter cheeky boy has conducted himself with dignity and courage in the face of adversity. He has not sought to distance, excuse or minimise his actions despite the obvious

I think that's you being overly literal/black and white again. Nobody thinks you should be above the law in your own home, but growing whatever plant you like seems like a reasonable privilege.  

Posted Images

I heard a good citizen working in office equipment in Ivy House, which apparently overlooks the back of Mr Buttery's house spotted the plants and phoned the Police,

And the problem with that is?

They should mind their own fucking business.

• Like 6

The office equipment people haven't been there for a while, they relocated to Balthane?

Which company is in there then? Because I would like to boycott them and I expect many others would too.

• Like 1

And the problem with that is?

They should mind their own business.

It WAS their buisness. A law was being broken. They did the right thing and I would have done exactly the same.

Whole heartedly. Who was it? Filthy little snitches.

No, doing the right thing. If someone witness a law being broken they have a DUTY to make the offence known especially if it will result in the arrest of the law breaker.

No, doing the right thing. If someone witness a law being broken they have a DUTY to make the offence known especially if it will result in the arrest of the law breaker.

Where would you draw the line ?

I would report a hit and run, an assault, a theft and such things , but you would have to be pretty f*****g sad to report seeing a few plants growing.

I hope the "grass" is pleased with themselves and never ever breaks the law !!!

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 2

There is no such law or duty legally spook

If someone sees a person cultivating cannabis then a law is being broken. If a person sees someone breaking a law they have a civic duty to report the matter to the authorities.

It depends on your viewpoint. I can see a neighbour who has a few suspect plants but at the end of the day I don't view recreational use of cannabis as a crime so I certainly don't see it as a cause to ring the police. If a saw him punch his wife in the back yard that would be a different matter. It depends on your own personal sense of morality. I don't think 5 cannabis plants is a " factory" either but I'm sure it will probably create some nice headlines and keep the perpetrator firmly on the dole queue until retirement. One up for the establishment in ensuring that is underwrites the benefits tab for the next 10 years by giving someone a criminal conviction so they can't possibly support themselves. Woo hoo.

• Like 5

Where would you draw the line ?

I would report a hit and run, an assault, a theft and such things , but you would have to be pretty f*****g sad to report seeing a few plants growing.

I hope the "grass" is pleased with themselves and never ever breaks the law !!!

Breaking the law is a boolean. A person is, or is not guilty of breaking the law. Anyone who witnesses a law being broken and is in a position to report the matter to the authorities but does not should be ashamed of themselves. In the case of witnessing someone cultivating an illegal substance I would not hesitate for a moment to report it to the police and probably in writing. Where would I 'draw the line'? That is very simple. Once a law was broken is where I would take action.

If someone sees a person cultivating cannabis then a law is being broken. If a person sees someone breaking a law they have a civic duty to report the matter to the authorities.

If you are an example of a religious person then I sincerely hope that the world becomes 100% secular....the vast majority of human beings can figure out when to report a crime and when not to...they would report a crime if there was/were a victim/s or the potential a victim/s.....I see absolutely no victim/s regarding this.

• Like 5

If you are an example of a religious person then I sincerely hope that the world becomes 100% secular....the vast majority of human beings can figure out when to report a crime and when not to...they would report a crime if there was/were a victim/s or the potential a victim/s.....I see absolutely no victim/s regarding this.

My religion does not come into this. To be honest if I relied on my religion I would probably 'bear good witness' if I did not express my personal opinion in this matter but this is how I see the issue.

My religion does not come into this. To be honest if I relied on my religion I would probably 'bear good witness' if I did not express my personal opinion in this matter but this is how I see the issue.

Your religion has everything to do with it, it defines and dictates how you think and act. Those without a predisposition to comply with a faux book of rules can judge a situation within the 'grey' area thereby thinking for themselves whereas you and your ilk will act as the Borg collective, or so the theory goes, and literally go by the book....it's a shame really, because if God does exist and he therefore created your brain but won't allow you to use it...ah well, we do love in an imperfect world only made so by the imperfection of people.

• Like 1