dope factory in head road closed down

I heard a good citizen working in office equipment in Ivy House, which apparently overlooks the back of Mr Buttery's house spotted the plants and phoned the Police,

I really hate rumours, you've just effectively grassed up someone that could be entirely innocent.

In short at the moment it doesn't matter who grows what, the smell is a huge giveaway, as is increased electricity bills and all the ventilation equipment, it's only a matter of time before someone twigs and no doubt grasses on you. It probably costs the same to grow 5 plants as it does to grow 20, so you can understand why people sometimes grow more than is actually needed for personal use.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in court today for growing cannabis plants at my house The sentence was 160 hours community service and it's probably lucky that I'm not spending Christmas in Jurby. The process of being raided,

IMHO from his post on this matter cheeky boy has conducted himself with dignity and courage in the face of adversity. He has not sought to distance, excuse or minimise his actions despite the obvious

I think that's you being overly literal/black and white again. Nobody thinks you should be above the law in your own home, but growing whatever plant you like seems like a reasonable privilege.  

Posted Images

John, you've experience with law changing. I read your earlier post about the change of law regarding same sex couples and I like the idea of normalising things, its a bit difficult with cannabis though, smoking tobacco isn't socially acceptable and hash cakes have had bad publicity on the telly so, how could cannabis users normalise their behaviour? I've changed the minds of a few stalwart anti-cannabis people over the years, but a handful of people a law does not change. I'm not bothered about changing the law so people can smoke pot anymore (I'm in my 40's not 20's), its the people like Butch and that sweet elderly lady who got busted a couple of years ago, they obviously know the benefit of the medicinal properties of cannabis and should be able to live without the fear of the 5-0 busting them, the press attempting to degrade them and having their lives potentially ruined over....nothing in particular.

The newspaper headlines are ridiculous and hilarious (ignore the killer drink driver, stone the stoner) - can someone acquire one of those posters for me? I'm on holiday or I'd do it myself.

Spook - feel the love muwah xx lose the hate. Let he who is without sin and all that...being judgemental is a bit of an anti God thing, you know?

Butch is a bloody good plumber, he'll be ok. If anyone has any plumbing (or gas things) they need doing....you know who to ask, he's first on my list of people to call.

The biggest dope factory around is the Church of England!

I'm inclined to agree. How the C of E has the audacity to claim to be Christian is beyond me. Not as bad as the RC church, but bad enough.

There are more than likely to be some actual Christians who belong to these organisations but the organisations themselves being Christian in structure?

No way.

a doctor on the radio recently says they prescribe cannabis for medical reasons, so why if someone needs it for a medical complaint can they not just get it from their GP ?

Because I think cannabis is a last resort after a long list of pills as its effects vary widely.

Growing you own should be encouraged for those who smoke regularly, perhaps a licence totally the amount of plants you can grow at any one time, you at least know exactly what's in it, what chemicals have or haven't been added and it stops funding the criminals which is far more important. Will it ever happen? probably not in my lifetime.

I agree with you. It's hard to predict which way policy will go. In the US they're going more towards permitting 'medical' use, but in the Netherlands they're making it more restrictive. The UK not that long ago tightened up, going from class c to b for cannabis.

I would say permitting home growing is probably the safest way forward like you say, you're not buggering with international laws, you're not dealing with suppliers, and you can put some pretty clear limits down as to quantities appropriate for personal use.

So, we aren't just some kids on an internet forum blasting away with their their opinions.

We are quite unique in that we live in a very small country that has the ability to make it's own laws.

We also - we are led to believe - live in a democracy.

Is it not about time that a simple matter of the legalisation of growing your own herbs was decided by the people of a free country?

• Like 2

a doctor on the radio recently says they prescribe cannabis for medical reasons, so why if someone needs it for a medical complaint can they not just get it from their GP ?

I asked Dr Bull to get some for someone we know who is no longer with us, it didn't happen.

John, you've experience with law changing. I read your earlier post about the change of law regarding same sex couples and I like the idea of normalising things, its a bit difficult with cannabis though, smoking tobacco isn't socially acceptable and hash cakes have had bad publicity on the telly so, how could cannabis users normalise their behaviour? I've changed the minds of a few stalwart anti-cannabis people over the years, but a handful of people a law does not change. I'm not bothered about changing the law so people can smoke pot anymore (I'm in my 40's not 20's), its the people like Butch and that sweet elderly lady who got busted a couple of years ago, they obviously know the benefit of the medicinal properties of cannabis and should be able to live without the fear of the 5-0 busting them, the press attempting to degrade them and having their lives potentially ruined over....nothing in particular.

The newspaper headlines are ridiculous and hilarious (ignore the killer drink driver, stone the stoner) - can someone acquire one of those posters for me? I'm on holiday or I'd do it myself.

Spook - feel the love muwah xx lose the hate. Let he who is without sin and all that...being judgemental is a bit of an anti God thing, you know?

Butch is a bloody good plumber, he'll be ok. If anyone has any plumbing (or gas things) they need doing....you know who to ask, he's first on my list of people to call.

I'm not being judgemental about this. If someone wants to use cannabis, coke, crack, senokots, or banana skins then that's up to them. It's not for me. For MY part if someone wants to grow some plant that helps him then as long as it's legal - go for it. Should cannabis be legalised? I have my opinion but I'm one of many and although I may be in the minority I have to respect and abide by the democratically decided law.

Right now cultivation of the stuff is illegal. That is the deciding factor.

Breaking the law is a boolean. A person is, or is not guilty of breaking the law. Anyone who witnesses a law being broken and is in a position to report the matter to the authorities but does not should be ashamed of themselves. In the case of witnessing someone cultivating an illegal substance I would not hesitate for a moment to report it to the police and probably in writing. Where would I 'draw the line'? That is very simple. Once a law was broken is where I would take action.

And yet here, you are advocating civil disobedience, which by its very nature contradicts the fine, upstanding, law abiding member of the community stance you're maintaining in this thread. Quote:

OK, if there's no stomach for a general strike, what about organised civil disobedience?

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DON'T OR BELL, TEAR, AND THE REAL OF THE CABAL WILL CONTINUE TO URINATE OVER ALL OF US.

The acceptance of abandoning affordable housing where provision was germane to the granting of planning permission, HUGE on creases in direct, indirect, and stealth taxation, applying charges for everything short of the air we breathe - people, something simply HAS to be done because unless action is taken the desperately needed changes especially reduction in the public sector headcount and the use of force majaeur to justify changes to pensions etc WILL NOT HAPPEN and we will ALL be in the cart but after the present shower have in effect taken the money and run.

General strike of one form or another, civil disobedience to cause disruption, whatever it takes we MUST stop this slow motion train smash and the ballot box simply will not work.

Direct action really is needed. THEY have been getting away with far too much for far too long.

You strike me as being inconsistent and a bit of a dick.

Breaking the law is a boolean. A person is, or is not guilty of breaking the law.

It isn't at all. Life would be much simpler if it was, you wouldn't need a jury or advocates to decide if laws had been broken.

So, we aren't just some kids on an internet forum blasting away with their their opinions.

We are quite unique in that we live in a very small country that has the ability to make it's own laws.

As I understand it, it's difficult to change the laws on narcotics because of international law.

Is it not about time that a simple matter of the legalisation of growing your own herbs was decided by the people of a free country?

Agree, but it's still a complex issue because of the existing laws. For example, If we allowed people to grow and the rest of the UK didn't, then we'd have seriously restrictive border controls placed on us. We'd also have horrid drug tourism, which is one of the reasons the Netherlands are restricting more.

Btw, although the subject matter is cannabis in this thread the point I am trying to make is I'm against stupid laws that shouldn't exist and this is one of them, we as a society complain about the costs and/or overcrowding of our prison and the fact we're getting more skint and yet we maintain stupid unnecessary laws....regarding this thread...restrict the number of plants one is allowed to grow in one's home but allow this to occur, now that would be democratic...those who want it could grow their own, those who don't....won't, use the same laws as with alcohol or even reassess the existing laws to cater for changes in society to make them fit and then adopt the same for the use of cannabis...or maybe not.

• Like 2

Btw, although the subject matter is cannabis in this thread the point I am trying to make is I'm against stupid laws that shouldn't exist and this is one of them, we as a society complain about the costs and/or overcrowding of our prison and the fact we're getting more skint and yet we maintain stupid unnecessary laws....regarding this thread...restrict the number of plants one is allowed to grow in one's home but allow this to occur, now that would be democratic...those who want it could grow their own, those who don't....won't, use the same laws as with alcohol or even reassess the existing laws to cater for changes in society to make them fit and then adopt the same for the use of cannabis...or maybe not.

Yeah, home brew seems to be the closest parallel, you can't flog it and you can't distill without a license but you can brew as much as you need for your own use.

I suppose one complication over beer is that you need either seeds or a cutting from someone else, so you're already not 'just for personal use' by getting hold of the plant. Beer just comes from sugar, hops and yeast.

• Like 1

Yeah, home brew seems to be the closest parallel, you can't flog it and you can't distill without a license but you can brew as much as you need for your own use.

I suppose one complication over beer is that you need either seeds or a cutting from someone else, so you're already not 'just for personal use' by getting hold of the plant. Beer just comes from sugar, hops and yeast.

That's fair comment....there'll be much smarter people than me who could formulate a legal solution to that problem prior to the 'home grown' law had been applied for I'm sure.