Just heard two of our politicians have just arrived back from a jolly in Cameroon. Surprise Surprise, our Chief Medical Officer of Health, states this week there is absolutely no chance of the Island introducing this disease. Obviously because of the lack of information in this area, it would appear that the Chief Medical Officer for Health hasn't got a clue, who is arriving in the Island or in fact where they have come from, and our biosecurity is very weak. Do you know anyone else who has arrived from the Dark Continent that we need to know about, and I notice all of a sudden, Mr Gawne has stopped travelling to Sierra Leone. Rumours are that one of the Politicians was responsible for booking the Jacksons, and has been searching in the Cameroon for the alleged £150,000 that the concert lost.

Edited by 2112
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd be more worried about the spread of the civil service than a virus. If anything is a danger to public health it's the freeloaders.

The current outbreak is nowhere near Cameroon.     Link to WHO.   Chief Medical Officers have to rank dangers via their likelihood and impact. Surprise surprise Ebola isn't that big a concern

You swap bodily fluids with any of them?

Posted Images

The current outbreak is nowhere near Cameroon.

geographic-map-03-oct-2014.png?ua=1

Link to WHO.

Chief Medical Officers have to rank dangers via their likelihood and impact. Surprise surprise Ebola isn't that big a concern - I reckon it's about as likely as the air ambulance crashing. Do you think he should spend his days going through the maintenance records and checking up on the pilots.

I'm certain the IOM has various contingency plans for the emergence of a virulent infectious disease - a serious flu is far more likely than Ebola.

Given the very few entry points to the Island quarantining and isolation are far easier here than in many places.

The person with out the clue is the OP, IMHO.

• Like 3

Just heard two of our politicians have just arrived back from a jolly in Cameroon. Surprise Surprise, our Chief Medical Officer of Health, states this week there is absolutely no chance of the Island introducing this disease. Obviously because of the lack of information in this area, it would appear that the Chief Medical Officer for Health hasn't got a clue, who is arriving in the Island or in fact where they have come from, and our biosecurity is very weak. Do you know anyone else who has arrived from the Dark Continent that we need to know about, and I notice all of a sudden, Mr Gawne has stopped travelling to Sierra Leone. Rumours are that one of the Politicians was responsible for booking the Jacksons, and has been searching in the Cameroon for the alleged £150,000 that the concert lost.

WTF are you smoking??

The point still stands though as how the hell can the Chief Medical Officer know who is coming in here and who isn't? I've been to Africa twice this year, I also know several local and associated businesses that do the same. They also come into contact with people at UK and African airports (and other places) who likewise have probably been in a high risk area. Quite how anyone can say there's no risk in the IOM when you don't need a VISA to get off a plane, there's no border control, and they don't know where your flight ultimately originated from is anyone guess. Those sort of statements can bounce back on you and make you look like a right tit.

The point still stands though as how the hell can the Chief Medical Officer know who is coming in here and who isn't? I've been to Africa twice this year, I also know several local and associated businesses that do the same. They also come into contact with people at UK and African airports (and other places) who likewise have probably been in a high risk area. Quite how anyone can say there's no risk in the IOM when you don't need a VISA to get off a plane, there's no border control, and they don't know where your flight ultimately originated from is anyone guess. Those sort of statements can bounce back on you and make you look like a right tit.

• Like 3

If he used a public toilet then he almost certainly did...

If he used a public toilet then he almost certainly did...

It'd need to be in the 'Hampstead Heath' type of public toilet encounters.

In some of the shitholes I've been in I wouldn't even use the bog as, yes, probably plastered with all sorts of infectious fluids.

What I find bizarre is that Ebola has been around for quite a while now and yet only now is it spreading....countries will be reinforcing their borders and a kind of lockdown will be in operation...with all the 'wars', unrest, global economic slowdown and strikes and delays it seems that the movement of people is ever more restricted....the Calf of Man for the summer holidays anyone?

• Like 1