Drink drivers should just be shot in the kneecaps and banned from driving.

Drink driving is a Manx tradition that never really did any harm. I don't have a problem with it per se myself.

It never really did any harm?

You're saying that on a thread about the death of a woman at the hands of a man who failed a roadside breath test.

Never really did any harm?

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine the roller coaster of emotions that post has caused for Juan Watterson. Elation at finally getting a positive comment on MF; immediately followed by the crushing realisation of who made it.

The victim's family are now calling for an investigation of probation and prison services. As I understand it, the allegation is that the man was assessed as medium risk for re-offending and released

sorry but they started going downhill when the birch was repealed, i speak from experience.

You're saying that on a thread about the death of a woman at the hands of a man who failed a roadside breath test.

I haven't read that the miscreant's alcohol consumption caused the accident. It was more likely down to the fact that he was unable to drive at all having never taken a test or even had a lesson. Perhaps he wouldn't have been fleeing in quite such a moronic manner had drinking and driving not been dealt with in such a draconian way on the island. Who knows?

what about woman motorcyclist...killed......Hilberry...

anyone?

Although equally tragic, that was quite a different case. There were far more aggravating factors in this recent case than in the one you mention, so they aren't really comparable.

That said, the offender in the case you mention should never be allowed to forget what he did. Why can't we name him?

• Like 1

I haven't read that the miscreant's alcohol consumption caused the accident. It was more likely down to the fact that he was unable to drive at all having never taken a test or even had a lesson. Perhaps he wouldn't have been fleeing in quite such a moronic manner had drinking and driving not been dealt with in such a draconian way on the island. Who knows?

My point wasn't that in this case it was the main cause.

My point was that claiming on THIS thread of all places that drink driving is a harmless tradition is tasteless beyond belief.

Can anyone tell me what these later posts are about?

Why don't you Google it?

Oh..er.....

I Googled it. Is this it?

http://m.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/tragic-children-to-benefit-from-charity-ride-1-1754420

Yes that's the one. Until recently you could still find the full story on IOM Today. Maybe Daddy has payed to make that go away as well. So, let's make sure it doesn't, ALEXANDER DUFFY, spineless weasel getting away with manslaughter (or culpable homicide) because Daddy has money (but absolutely no fucking morals or integrity). At least Kitching didn't get away scott free, though I suspect if his name had been Duffy he might have.

• Like 2

The victim's family are now calling for an investigation of probation and prison services. As I understand it, the allegation is that the man was assessed as medium risk for re-offending and released from prison, whereupon he killed the victim in this case. It also seems that at the inquest, the coroner identified systemic failings in the prison and probation system.

The death of the youngster in the care of the health sevice where the coroner made comments about systemic failures in the mental health unit come quickly to my mind.

Are we served by competent, safe and efficient public services? There just seem to be too many failures, extending right up to the highest levels of government, as exemplified by the various ultra-vires actions in recent years where the government failed to understand what it's competences and limitations actually were.

Can we, a community of 80,000 people, ever have competent government and properly run services from within our own, limited, community? Is it time to throw in the administrative towel and become the county of Isle of Man? Perhaps a referendum .....

• Like 3

Excellent post there guzzi.

Prophetic too. It is my unfortunate belief that once all the government employees have extracted every last penny in inflated salaries, pension lump sums and pensions payments then we will have no choice but to go county of UK.

Good point Guzzi. Whatever 'experts' we have in any field must surely be underworked and lacking in experience when it comes to making important decisions.

I know this from my own field, after having returned from working near London I realised that there was a distinct lack of experience in modern technology on the island, due simply to there being insufficient volumes of working with problems to gain the experience.

Training is no substitute for experience I'm afraid.

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1

Can anyone tell me what these later posts are about?

Why don't you Google it?

Oh..er.....

I Googled it. Is this it?

http://m.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/tragic-children-to-benefit-from-charity-ride-1-1754420

Yes that's the one. Until recently you could still find the full story on IOM Today. Maybe Daddy has payed to make that go away as well. So, let's make sure it doesn't, ALEXANDER DUFFY, spineless weasel getting away with manslaughter (or culpable homicide) because Daddy has money (but absolutely no fucking morals or integrity). At least Kitching didn't get away scott free, though I suspect if his name had been Duffy he might have.

I also hear very similar news about Duffy's father and an odd meeting by persons who have a similar 'hobby'. Nothing can be proven I may add, but interesting nonetheless.

• Like 1

So at least there is an Inquiry

But is it an inquiry or a review? They are not necessarily the same thing,

I've come across a 'review' and it sounds very grand but it is often meaningless. Maybe just a couple of civil servants having a chat about a matter to get themselves onside,

Edited by Wann