At long last a Public Enquiry into Prison No Rebilation

As I promised earlier.

Do we believe she resigned at this point in time to spend more time with her family?

Do we know the age of her children if any?

Her Pension is protected as she has resigned and it appears it has been accepted by Juan Watterson, as no disciplinary proceedings have been commenced before she resigned!!!

If she returns to the UK before the Public Inquiry requires her to give evidence, then I have been told that she cannot be required by Law to return to give evidence, do we believe she will return of her own free will to give evidence to the Public Inquiry?????

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that this paints a very sorry picture of our prison system. It seems that despite our investment in the infrastructure, like the new Noble's Hospital, we don't have people capable of running t

Blame everyone else Buster as usual! YOU ARE A CONVICTED CRIMINAL - FACT! You think you are clever, but you come out with your usual drivel - you are pathetic, and anyone listening to you or believing

If only the same restrictions had been applied to priests and small boys

Posted Images

As was mentioned earlier, it's now on MR, Prison governor leaves

http://manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=73495

Gosh, what a surprise. Well I never (etc.).

Either we have an exceptionally high Manx average of coincidental resignations from high appointments of office when the brown stuff approaches the propeller,or may be it's just the 'Isle of Man,where you bloody well can'......again.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The above is very said for both parties, but the blame can be very clearly placed at the feet of the Hon Juan Watterson, and in particular the Prisoner Governor who is also head of probation.

I was disgusted during the 21 months that I was in Prison, that even though there is a photograph of the "Rehabilitation Team" proudly displayed of 8 full time staff are deployed for rehabilitation, yet there is no rehabilitation as one would expect. There is no attempt for this team to obtain even part time employment when in Prison, so on their release they could move easily into full time employment. Young lads are not given any form of rehab, the only form of rehab they receive is when the gate is opened to them for release, with no work. All the deficiencies in the operation of the Prison was recorded in his Inspection Report in 2011, yet none a thing has been done to implement the very important recommendations made.

I have heard the Governor has given 6 months notice to terminate her employment, so by the time the Inquiry is concluded she will be long gone with her gold plated pension intact.

It would be very interesting to know what her combined Salary as Governor and Head of Probation is, it must be in excess of 100k per year at least.

Less than 100k and it was the same figure before she took on the additional probation lot. This will be a hard job to fill and either the last turkey returns from his not so grando job with the TT or the favoured option is to recruit from across with a nice movement and pension allowance thrown in to sweeten the deal.

It is such a shame that what is a state of the art when it comes to the facility, that it has not encouraged the Governor and her three, yes three Deputy Governors have not delivered on the aim of reducing reoffending and rehabilitation, one bit. The Governor and her staff continually allow the younger element to stay up until the early hours of the morning playing on PlayStations and then spending the majority of the next day in bed. This practice does provide rehab for the prisoners to be used to normal working hours when they get released.

With so much public work now required, for example improving the appearance of the Marine Drive, maintain public footpaths that pass through our beautiful countryside, repairing pavements, litter picking with the beach buddies, then it is a criminal waste of human resources not to have inmates out working for the public good, and they should be out working, the prisoners want to but the Governor will not allow it. It was a widely view by the Officers that the Governor and her side sick SO Security Officer that the best way to reduce risk, is not to make sure the prisoners go out to work, bar for one prisoner who is allowed out to work 6 days a week.

The Governor hasn't changed since when she was Chelmsford, a leopard never changes their spots.

I just don't get you Buster. You've done time and yet once again, you're grassing up the inmates? That's twice now and your unpopularity will increase if you don't start to think about what you're saying!!

Having a dig at the staffing side of things is ok if they're not pulling their weight, but when you mention things like "allowing the younger element to stay up all hours" is just hinting that the lights or power should be switched off early.

Like I said, engage brain before you write.

As I have said before I have not grassed on anyone full stop. The young guys want to work, but the point I was making is that the Governor has not ensured there is adequate rehabilitation to avoid this practice from occurring. The Governor knows the practice so it is for her to manage the problem, letting them get of the work routine is not doing them any favours. The brain is well connected, just don't play the popularity game, just tell it is.

I am sure you will know from your employment that the Governor has now implemented a new rule that visitors are not allowed to hold hands with the prisoners, so much for maintain relationships, what do the Officers think of this new Rule???

As I have said before I have not grassed on anyone full stop. The young guys want to work, but the point I was making is that the Governor has not ensured there is adequate rehabilitation to avoid this practice from occurring. The Governor knows the practice so it is for her to manage the problem, letting them get of the work routine is not doing them any favours. The brain is well connected, just don't play the popularity game, just tell it is.

I am sure you will know from your employment that the Governor has now implemented a new rule that visitors are not allowed to hold hands with the prisoners, so much for maintain relationships, what do the Officers think of this new Rule???

I believe there should be glass screens between prisoners and visitors. No physical contact at all.

In my game, the building industry is all about knowing when to speak, hear or when to see, otherwise planning decisions can go either way.

The visitors no holding hands was supposed to have been due to a couple of jerks trying to smuggle things in which sounds likely, but don't know for sure.

As I promised earlier.

Do we believe she resigned at this point in time to spend more time with her family?

Her Pension is protected as she has resigned and it appears it has been accepted by Juan Watterson, as no disciplinary proceedings have been commenced before she resigned!!!

If she returns to the UK before the Public Inquiry requires her to give evidence, then I have been told that she cannot be required by Law to return to give evidence, do we believe she will return of her own free will to give evidence to the Public Inquiry?????

Edited by dilligaf

I believe there should be glass screens between prisoners and visitors. No physical contact at all.

If only the same restrictions had been applied to priests and small boyswink.png

• Like 3

As I promised earlier.

Buster you are a fool - no minister or governor is ever going to give an apology to a potential law suit! Did you learn nothing? As for the governor leaving, she made you toe the line, and didn't listen to you - why? Cos she knew even though you may be telling the truth, what could she do really?

Buster - wake up you are not helpful to your own cause! I really wish you were, as I'm sure you have alot of good info?

I would be interested in how many arrested who ended up in prison tested positive for recreational pharmaceuticals?

Tested positive when they arrived at prison,or when they'd finished their sentence?

Neither. Tested positive on arrest.

There is a great deal of crime to support a habit. So there is more than one system of rehab that needs to be deployed.

there would be no stats for that P.K, people are only tested if they have been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs. They are asked general health questions including have you taken drugs however there is no way to prove what they say is factual or not