At long last a Public Enquiry into Prison No Rebilation

Yin and Yang, the Minister has already made a public apology as a result of his and the Governors failures, the point I was making was that the partner of the poor lady said on Manx Radio stated he was very disappointed that no one had contacted him personally to apologise, a point which I could concur with. We are talking here about the State failing to take adequate steps which would have presented the loss of a human life. There is no difference in giving an apology via the media or personally, except the personal apology is more caring and meaningful. By apologising as the Minister Juan Watterson has done via the media, this does not mean that he is making any admission of guilt on his or the Governors behalf, The Public Inquiry will hopefully obtain and consider all relevant evidence then produce its findings, it will be from these findings that legal action may then flow from.

I would trust that if it is found that the Juan Watterson and or the Governor were at fault, that the Government will act in good faith and offer reasonable damages, than instead of the Government spending more public money purely to defend the indefensible and put the family through years of more pain and grief, that's without reference to if the family has the funds to defray considerable legal costs against a Defendant who has bottomless pockets of money. Surely if the Government are in the wrong, they should admit, agree on the level of damages, that would be the honourable thing to do.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that this paints a very sorry picture of our prison system. It seems that despite our investment in the infrastructure, like the new Noble's Hospital, we don't have people capable of running t

Blame everyone else Buster as usual! YOU ARE A CONVICTED CRIMINAL - FACT! You think you are clever, but you come out with your usual drivel - you are pathetic, and anyone listening to you or believing

If only the same restrictions had been applied to priests and small boys

Posted Images

there would be no stats for that P.K, people are only tested if they have been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs. They are asked general health questions including have you taken drugs however there is no way to prove what they say is factual or not

I believe in the UK samples can be taken for analysis under two conditions:

1. Authorised by an Inspector or above rank on suspicion drugs are involved

2. If the charge is a substance "triigger" offence to wit:

List of Trigger Offences

1. Offences under the following provisions of the Theft Act 1968:
section 1 (theft)
section 8 (robbery)
section 9 (burglary)
section 10 (aggravated burglary)
section 12 (taking motor vehicle or other conveyance without authority)
section 12A (aggravated vehicle-taking)
section 22 (handling stolen goods)
section 25 (going equipped for stealing, etc.)
2. Offences under the following provisions of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 are trigger offences if committed in respect of a specified Class A drug:
section 4 (restriction on production and supply of controlled drugs)
section 5(2) (possession of controlled drug)
section 5(3) (possession of controlled drug with intent to supply)
3. Offences under the following provisions of the Fraud Act 2006
section 1 (fraud)
section 6 (possession etc. of articles for use in frauds)
section 7 (making or supplying articles for use in frauds)
3A. An offence under section 1(1) of the Criminal Attempts Act 1981 is a trigger offence, if committed in respect of an offence under
(a) any of the following provisions of the Theft Act 1968:
section 1 (theft)
section 8 (robbery)
section 9 (burglary)
section 22 (handling stolen goods)
(b) section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006 (fraud)
4. Offences under the following provisions of the Vagrancy Act 1824 are trigger offences:
section 3 (begging)
section 4 (persistent begging)
Not just begging but persistent begging. Well well.

I have heard today the proposed Chairman of the Public Inquiry is going to be a retired Manx Advocate, Juan Watterson cannot believe that he can get away with this proposed appointment can he????

You are so *ucked up, but you don't know you are!

Every sense in your body is directed at the system that sent you to jail, but you can't take it in that it was you that was responsible, it was you that caused the Mr and Mrs Taxpayer the tune of nearly a million pounds and that's only on this case!

You think that writing on here will advance your cause?

You're just a sneaky underhand con man, a dishonest person who deceives others for his own want! You were found guilty and served a sentence of 3 and a half years and whats worse, the public don't know the half of it and you know that to be true!!!

You might try and convince others of your innocence, of redirecting attention to the people who sent you down, but your a knob, a buffoon, a tosser and I hear that your playmate of the month in jail is just playing you along.

What a loser!

• Like 3

I have heard today the proposed Chairman of the Public Inquiry is going to be a retired Manx Advocate, Juan Watterson cannot believe that he can get away with this proposed appointment can he????

You are so *ucked up, but you don't know you are!

Every sense in your body is directed at the system that sent you to jail, but you can't take it in that it was you that was responsible, it was you that caused the Mr and Mrs Taxpayer the tune of nearly a million pounds and that's only on this case!

You think that writing on here will advance your cause?

You're just a sneaky underhand con man, a dishonest person who deceives others for his own want! You were found guilty and served a sentence of 3 and a half years and whats worse, the public don't know the half of it and you know that to be true!!!

You might try and convince others of your innocence, of redirecting attention to the people who sent you down, but your a knob, a buffoon, a tosser and I hear that your playmate of the month in jail is just playing you along.

What a loser!

Fabulous post. Congratulations Cliff you've made my day. Oh....and one other thing, fuck off Lewin you mendacious, cheating piece of crap.

• Like 2

Cliff and Untred, remember I pleaded guilty so there would be no need for a trial costing the taxpayer the 1.3 millions as you refer to.

Cliff it is apparent from your reports on the site that you are clearly connected with the Prison, or as I stated in my reply you work in the Prison.

You make a lot of innuendos, to support your verbal abuse, without any proof whatsoever of your wild allegations.

Maybe you may both think on going on an anger management course, so you can obtain more positive enjoyment from life.

• Like 1

How on earth could they have employed her with that damming record, but once again the same pattern occurs, she jumps before the Report in this case has started. The Remit of the proposed Report needs to include for an investigation into how she became appointed, but she will still be gone with our monies as her pension. It is interesting why she does not use her married name...........................strange?????

buster you waste your time with these stupid bastards we have called politicians,you may also question about some perverts working at Nobles hospital,policemen without a stellar reputation re their past activities which would have barred them from such a position in the not too distant past,also these people ALL seem to be leaving with the good ol gold plated pension, i would hang most of the politicians we have,they are traitors.

• Like 1

Even if it leads to more criminality and suffering in future not less?

continue to make it harder and sentences longer. Those that can get the message soon will, those that don't will be out of circulation.

It's almost like you've never heard of the middle ages, or modern day Saudi Arabia. Where they do/exactly what you're proposing.....

....and it didn't work, other than to make society even more brutal rather than less.

One word for IDIOTS like you,BULLSHIT.

The actual quote from the Chief Minister as printed in the IOM Newspapers.

Chief Minister Allan Bell has branded the island’s approach to mental health issues as ‘abysmal’.

He made the comment last week as Tynwald debated a call to protect police budgets.

Mr Bell told the court that a lot of the problems the police deal with in the name of crime are actually more about individuals suffering from mental health issues.

‘Our approach, frankly, has been abysmal,’ he said.

Clarifying his statement, he told the Examiner his comments were in no way criticizing mental health service staff or the work they do.

‘It’s the island’s approach to mental health that’s been woefully inadequate for many years. It’s been at the bottom of the government’s list of priorities.’

Hopefully the Public Inquiry into the failings of the Prison and Probation will also inquire as to why there are so many people are imprisoned when in fact they have mental health problems. By sending a parents son or daughter to prison is a direct result of what the Chief Minister states:- Mr Bell told the court that a lot of the problems the police deal with in the name of crime are actually more about individuals suffering from mental health issues.

‘Our approach, frankly, has been abysmal,’ he said.

He has identified the failure, can he now come with the solution as it is a very sad reflection on the Manx Society when we are imprisoning people who suffer from mental health problems?

• Like 1

He has identified the failure, can he now come with the solution as it is a very sad reflection on the Manx Society when we are imprisoning people who suffer from mental health problems?

Words are a commodity made cheaper every time he utters them.

• Like 3

Credit when credit is due, very reassuring that Juan has now met the family of the deceased and has discussed the proposed Public Inquiry with them. I trust Juan will as requested by the Family keep them involved in the setting up of the Public Inquiry process.

I would invite Juan to invite the public's comments on a Scoping Agenda so the public of the Island and the various Societies etc can put forward specific areas the Public Inquiry should consider, it would then be for Juan to decide on the final remit of the Public Inquiry.

This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to examine the whole of our Penal/Mental Health/ Working of the Prison and set out positive proposals to ensure the Island is treating the different groups of people in accordance with best practice, and whats best for the people of this Island.

Well done Juan.

What an absolute Cretin Lewin is! I don't usually bother with posting on forums -but this Cretin warrants telling. Where is his public apology? He says he went guilty to avoid the cost of a trial - but not until the very last minute which meant that huge expense preparing the trial had already been incurred.The money this idiot has cost the Tax payer in legal aid runs into the many thousands. He has laughably tried to claim one million pounds in damages against Braddan Commissioners and caused them to run a bill in the high thousands. He is a liar and a cheat - fact! He is a bully -fact!

I have a friend of a friend who is in Prison, and he tells me that Lewin often grassed up his fellow inmates. I am also told he feigned several illnesses just to get taken to the hospital for drugs, very commendable. He goes up the prison to visit now - he has to,got to keep in with the big boys.He has a huge beef with the Authorities and because he has been in jail he now thinks that gives him a platform to preach his shite from.YOU GOT CAUGHT Buster. Take a long hard look at yourself, you are nothing but a useless, lying cheat. God help the poor partner in life that has picked you, apart from the shame you have brought on her before being imprisoned, she now has to put up with all this crap on forums and suchlike from you. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself - but you are such a narcissistic pig that there is no chance of that. Get a life you sad piece of shit.

• Like 2