Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lxxx

UKIP hit the island

I see Mr Farage is on the rock next week. Seems to divide opinion among most people, wonder if he'll get a decent reception here. Although I do seem to remember it was reported in the media he did have an offshore account here, so he's obviously in favour of 'low tax jurisdictions.'

http://www.manx.net/isle-of-man-news/67922/farage-roadshow-comes-to-iom

Read 700 people have bought tickets, end of the day the guy is the leader of a legitimate party people will want to hear what his policies are and he has as much right to be heard as Cameron Clegg etc

• Like 4

Hope he explains what effect taking England out of the EU will have on the Isle of Man

Have I missed the point of this; we have no influence over UK elections?

True, Merkin, but the UK and it's policies have a massive effect on us. It will be interersting and potentially important to question his stance on offshore locations. I shall be there.

Hope he explains what effect taking England out of the EU will have on the Isle of Man

I was not aware England are part of the EU

• Like 1

I see Mr Farage is on the rock next week. Seems to divide opinion among most people, wonder if he'll get a decent reception here. Although I do seem to remember it was reported in the media he did have an offshore account here, so he's obviously in favour of 'low tax jurisdictions.'

http://www.manx.net/isle-of-man-news/67922/farage-roadshow-comes-to-iom

I agree with him on Europe but don't agree with him on much of anything else.

Let's not confuse the political union with the economic union. Farage is not "anti-Europe" or against inter-European trade.

• Like 3

Oh God, UKIP wasn't the cause I'd hoped you'd find

Edited by Donald Trumps

at least nige has honest intentions, the last one to enter Parliament was ian fawkes.....

• Like 1

at least nige has honest intentions, the last one to enter Parliament was ian fawkes.....

Not judging from his record as an MEP. e.g. I believe he claimed £205,000 for the costs of renting at office that was provided rent free by a supporter.

There's f*** all better to do on a Tuesday night so I'll be there.

Not judging from his record as an MEP. e.g. I believe he claimed £205,000 for the costs of renting at office that was provided rent free by a supporter.

good lad, i hope germany paid

• Like 2

There's f*** all better to do on a Tuesday night so I'll be there.

That doesn't surprise me. I've seen him described as a cult, so I'd ask him what he planned to do about adult illiteracy.

• Like 1

Anyone go?

I went along and the place was full to the rafters. The guy is entertaining, has a large ego, drank nearly a bottle of wine onstage and I left feeling as if I'd been to see an entertainer and not a serious politician. Which I suppose tells it's own story really.

Edited by Lxxx