Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lxxx

UKIP hit the island

To object to the transformation of the ethnic makeup of a continent over a few generations with a total reckless disregard for the consequences by the establishment is not racist. The repeated, hammered home insistence that this is racist over half a century is the basic lie that was used to close down all debate about the subject until very recent times.

Says an Englishman living in Mann, oh the irony.

But we are all of the same ethnicity old chap, so any issues we have between us are not "racist".

I agree we are the same ethnicity, and the same race.

However I think it's fair to say though that the more recent immigrants to the UK (which UKIP are often criticised as being racist towards) may not have the same ethnicity as the indigenous population, they certainly have the same race & so any issues between them are not "racist".

In that way there are similarities. Where the similarity ends is when you consider population percentages - this is where the true irony of an Englishman living on the IOM complaining about immigration either here or across is seen.

Many of the Manx who make this sort of complaint had parents or grandparents who made the same move from England, Scotland or Ireland in the past 100 years or so, and consequently they are of "British" stock even if you say the true Manx are not British. (I don't agree with that in any case as you know.) As a matter of interest, what is your criterion for being Manx? Born here? Parents born here? Grandparents? What about you? Did your line "comeover" with Orry the Dane?

What sort of complaint? My only complaint is people who complain about immigrants when they are immigrants themselves. I personally couldn't care less where anybody is from, it makes not the slightest difference to me - I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of people from the UK supporting the views of UKIP and the like while living in the IOM & failing to see the irony.

• Like 1

It needs to be remembered that some of UKIP's support comes from people disillusioned with the two main parties and the traditional third party option, the Lib Dems; who will probably be wiped out in May. These people are not typically UKIP voters and they don't even support all their policies or manifesto. They just want to see politics returned to the people and they like the change (or at least the dream of change) that UKIP bring. Farage is probably a flash in the pan, and many people see that, but many voters would also rather him than the privileged elite and privately educated posh boys and girls that run Britain's key institutions. It's a lazy stereotype to believe that UKIP supporters are Blimpish ex-military men living in splendid retirement on Salisbury Plain, or myopic little Englanders in faded seaside towns up and down the country waving their Union Jacks up and down the promenade.

Farage is probably a flash in the pan, and many people see that, but many voters would also rather him than the privileged elite and privately educated posh boys and girls that run Britain's key institutions.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Yeah, thank christ he's not just more of the same public schoolboy whatever.gif 's

Farage was educated at Dulwich College, a public school in south London.[18] On leaving school in 1982, he decided not to go to university, but to work in the City, trading commodities at the London Metal Exchange.[16]Initially, he joined the American commodity brokerage firm Drexel Burnham Lambert,[18] transferring to Credit Lyonnais Rouse in 1986.[18] He joined Refco in 1994, and Natexis Metals in 2003.[18]
Edited by Treffynnon

Farage's background, upbringing and education, is well known to anyone who follows politics. Everyone knows that he wasn't born to Fred and Doris in a Basildon council house with an outside loo and left the local comprehensive at fifteen. However, he's not part of the establishment or Westminister elite, the homogenised and professional political class that runs Britain. That's part of his appeal, whether he turns out to be a charlatan and political quack or not. I don't think many voters care one way or the other right now. There's a lot of voter cynicism and fatalism out there that's only one step away from complete disengagement and they're willing to give Farage a vote, even if it's a once only.

My only complaint is people who complain about immigrants when they are immigrants themselves. I personally couldn't care less where anybody is from, it makes not the slightest difference to me - I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of people from the UK supporting the views of UKIP and the like while living in the IOM & failing to see the irony.

But you have to compare like with like and you are not.

People want out of the EU, a thing that they were railroaded into. They want the borders closed to the scum who are infesting the country and predating on the taxes that they have paid. They want out of the ridiculous ECHR, a thing that WAS not needed in the UK, IS not needed in the UK, and is being abused by the very people that should be given the bums rush into (preferably an open) boat at Dover and pushed out to sea.

They want an end to kowtowing to Islam, a thing that EU legislation prevents, they want THEIR country back.

Even by just being in the running Is bringing the Tories into line in an attempt to shoot the Farage fox but I doubt if they will succeed.

YEARS of lies, first by Bliar and then Cameron have had the effect of waking a good many good people up to just what a dreadful shower have been in Parliament since the mid sixties when rotten and stupid communist backed unions led by trash and weak Tory governments led the UK to the brink of ruin until Margaret Thatcher saved the country at one minute to midnight.

Farage may or may not be the Thatcher successor but he is certainly the closest thing in politics today.

When it comes to 'not caring where people come from' a very great many people, me included, DO care.

Once different (for want of a better word) 'cultures' were encouraged to establish colonies in Britain under the stupid unwanted unmandated multicultural obscenity, colonies that are toxic to OUR country and its values, I care.

I, and many others care very much indeed.

People want out of the EU, a thing that they were railroaded into. They want the borders closed to the scum who are infesting the country and predating on the taxes that they have paid. They want out of the ridiculous ECHR, a thing that WAS not needed in the UK, IS not needed in the UK, and is being abused by the very people that should be given the bums rush into (preferably an open) boat at Dover and pushed out to sea.

They want an end to kowtowing to Islam, a thing that EU legislation prevents, they want THEIR country back.

Even by just being in the running Is bringing the Tories into line in an attempt to shoot the Farage fox but I doubt if they will succeed.

YEARS of lies, first by Bliar and then Cameron have had the effect of waking a good many good people up to just what a dreadful shower have been in Parliament since the mid sixties when rotten and stupid communist backed unions led by trash and weak Tory governments led the UK to the brink of ruin until Margaret Thatcher saved the country at one minute to midnight.

Farage may or may not be the Thatcher successor but he is certainly the closest thing in politics today.

When it comes to 'not caring where people come from' a very great many people, me included, DO care.

Once different (for want of a better word) 'cultures' were encouraged to establish colonies in Britain under the stupid unwanted unmandated multicultural obscenity, colonies that are toxic to OUR country and its values, I care.

I, and many others care very much indeed.

Spook, you really need to calm down, I'm sure you're not but you sound like a lunatic frothing at the mouth. Scum infesting the country? Are all migrants scum? As I understand it you are a migrant, as am I. If anyone finds themselves nodding their heads whilst reading the policies on http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people then I despair for humanity, it really does read like a list written for the upper middle class and above to simply look after themselves. I've also yet to see any tangible evidence that they could actually deliver their promises (although that is sadly true of most, if not all, political parties). If I was being flippant I would say that page was a Daily Mail headline generator.

Getting away from the race/nationality thing, if you take a global and basic view there are three main economic markets in the world - America (mostly North but increasingly South), Asia and Europe. The only way the UK can take part in the global economy is being being part of a joint European economy. It is foolish to think that the UK could compete on its own. Big UK business knows this and that is why you will find the majority of them are against leaving the EU. Yes, there lots of silly peccadillos that the EU has created and propagated but it is necessary for competition in the global market. Some reining in of the EU is probably needed but the UK leaving it would be a disaster.

No doubt some of you won't agree with me but that's my opinion.

The UK could and would operate perfectly well if, or hopefully WHEN we quit the EU.

The disaster is the GROWING disaster that took place when the EEC mutated into the EU.

As for the UKIP manifesto, I absolutely agree with the majority of what is proposed.

The UK could and would operate perfectly well if, or hopefully WHEN we quit the EU.

The disaster is the GROWING disaster that took place when the EEC mutated into the EU.

As for the UKIP manifesto, I absolutely agree with the majority of what is proposed.

The UK as a lone wolf in the global economy? You're crazy, I'm sorry but you've been radicalised and are now blind to open discussion.

The UK as a lone wolf in the global economy? You're crazy, I'm sorry but you've been radicalised and are now blind to open discussion.

Why should the UK NOT operate as a stand alone in the Global Economy? There is absolutely NOTHING that would preclude the UK selling or buying in that market.

Protectionism within the EU cuts both ways and for the UK the low cost EU states are working to the disadvantage of the UK in far too many cases, 'freedom of movement' is working dreadfully to the disadvantage of the UK, indeed the drawbacks of EU membership massively outweigh any advantages of membership.

The effect of membership of the EU must not be limited simply to trade, for one thing there is NO advantage in membership for the UK, for another the gross costs of membership must be considered not least the massive overhead because of the influx of parasites from the EU and the difficulties of kicking out undesirables because of imposed legislation from Brussels and Strasbourg.

But there is another factor, that a great many people would be happy to see some costs if it meant that the UK could be cleared of parasites and its culture, a single culture, restored and I absolutely agree with them.

Why should the UK NOT operate as a stand alone in the Global Economy? There is absolutely NOTHING that would preclude the UK selling or buying in that market.

Protectionism within the EU cuts both ways and for the UK the low cost EU states are working to the disadvantage of the UK in far too many cases, 'freedom of movement' is working dreadfully to the disadvantage of the UK, indeed the drawbacks of EU membership massively outweigh any advantages of membership.

The effect of membership of the EU must not be limited simply to trade, for one thing there is NO advantage in membership for the UK, for another the gross costs of membership must be considered not least the massive overhead because of the influx of parasites from the EU and the difficulties of kicking out undesirables because of imposed legislation from Brussels and Strasbourg.

But there is another factor, that a great many people would be happy to see some costs if it meant that the UK could be cleared of parasites and its culture, a single culture, restored and I absolutely agree with them.

I suspect we'll have to agree to disagree on the benefits of a being part of an overall Europe marketplace but I would have to question why the majority of big businesses in the UK do not want to leave the EU, they must know something.

So, now scum have morphed into parasites, who are you referring to? What on earth is the UK's single culture? Some sort of romantic vision a la Hearbeat?

edited to avoid quote bloat

Edited by mojomonkey

There are indeed advantages to BIG business and especially multinationals from continued EU membership but that advantage doesn't trickle down to any great extent, indeed there has been considerable movement of hands on work to low wage areas plus significant tax advantages - so far - from having a solid footprint in the UK.

But what matters here is what the guy in the street feels and the effect that he sees every day around him. I have a foot in both camps in this matter but when what's in the frame is about everyday living people want their home back and are even willing to make some sacrifices to get it, especially when they know that for them any sacrifice will be small.

For Business owners and leaders who often don't look beyond the current year's budget of course every opportunity to meet sales and operating projections comes first but they should not be allowed to sell the UK down the river and then swan off leaving a horrid mess behind them like one particular nasty little Manx creep will soon be doing when his term in office ends.

There's an ever increasing number of purple UKIP posters around this neck of the woods and not only here, most of the Home Counties are the same, people are fed up with the EU and all that it brings that is so destructive to the UK and want OUT.

Imagine if Tynwald had conducted a referendum on the Island asking if people wanted closer and advantageous terms with the UK that would increase choice of goods and reduce costs only for some years down the line the government of the day signed up to rule from Westminster.

Then after a number of years Westminster rules had forced the Island to take numerous 'immigrants' most of whom would be predating on the Manx tax payer ---- and then a party be formed on the Island that had as its aim breaking the unmandated unasked for Westminster direct rule that was causing the Manx guy in the street real hardship, and even worse shortage of homes, schools, NHS access, and increased criminality from the UK and scroungers from across the world who could do nothing more than pronounce the word 'asylum' ------ and the Manx government be required by Westminster law to house, clothe, and feed them

Given that scenario maybe the reason that UKIP is so very popular in the UK will become clearer.

My only complaint is people who complain about immigrants when they are immigrants themselves. I personally couldn't care less where anybody is from, it makes not the slightest difference to me - I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of people from the UK supporting the views of UKIP and the like while living in the IOM & failing to see the irony.

The only slight difference is that mass immigration to the Island is of people of similar ethnicity whereas immigration to the UK is of people who have different ethnicity.

The vast and overwhelming difference is the number in percentage terms.

An immigrant is an immigrant and as long as we have nation states they will continue to be so. You should not discriminate against a person based on their ethnicity.

The only slight difference is that mass immigration to the Island is of people of similar ethnicity whereas immigration to the UK is of people who have different ethnicity.

The vast and overwhelming difference is the number in percentage terms.

An immigrant is an immigrant and as long as we have nation states they will continue to be so. You should not discriminate against a person based on their ethnicity.

But one absolutely SHOULD discriminate against people with an ideology that runs counter to the host nation and who refuse to integrate, and / or predate on the benign culture of the host nation.

They want out of the ridiculous ECHR, a thing that WAS not needed in the UK, IS not needed in the UK, and is being abused by the very people that should be given the bums rush into (preferably an open) boat at Dover and pushed out to sea.

that has nothing to do with the EU