Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Zammo Maguire

Summerland Sold

On 11/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, TheTeapot said:

So they closed it because of a risk of flooding which wouldn't have happened because the flood defence barriers were in place so there would be no risk of flooding so it didn't need to be closed? That hurts my brain

The barriers are on each lower entry/exit point. I guess if the barriers are closed they can't open any doors so all fire exits would be blocked so they have to close.

I do not care who builds what on it just when?   It is a total disgrace that it has been left to lie so long.   Also the Villiers site, if we have no laws that would let the Government consficate these eyesores make one....if you have finished the hot and heavy discussions about seagulls, goats and wallabies that is.     Every time there is an election there is a little bit of hope which quickly disappear after about three months, I feel quite sorry for Howard he gets criticised but really when you see the quality of the people he has to work with it is no wonder things do not get done and civil servants continue to rule o.k.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I do not care who builds what on it just when?   It is a total disgrace that it has been left to lie so long.   Also the Villiers site, if we have no laws that would let the Government consficate these eyesores make one....if you have finished the hot and heavy discussions about seagulls, goats and wallabies that is.     Every time there is an election there is a little bit of hope which quickly disappear after about three months, I feel quite sorry for Howard he gets criticised but really when you see the quality of the people he has to work with it is no wonder things do not get done and civil servants continue to rule o.k.

I thought the Summerland site was government owned?

40 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Villiers has just been sold. 

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

I feel quite sorry for Howard he gets criticised but really when you see the quality of the people he has to work with it is no wonder things do not get done and civil servants continue to rule o.k.

Howard is the cream of the crop.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Howard is the cream of the crop.

Wrong vowel in the final word there Getta’ old chap.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

There's an awful lot of hoarding going up on the site at the moment?

Going to be the works yard for the prom works

11 hours ago, Max Power said:

There's an awful lot of hoarding going up on the site at the moment?

Keeping the heat in the mega-urn...

• Haha 1

I do not mean just Howard any Chief Minister will and have had to put up with dead heads.    If you were the CEO of a large company who had to work with people who you had no say in choosing and had got hired on doubtful c.vs ,I.e.election promises, it would not be a great position to be in.    Alright you get to choose your Ministers but again choice is limited.   That is why the civil serpents are so powerful and that is why nothing will ever be done regarding the pensions scandal.

• Like 3

It does appear Treasury is the only department in strict financial control

You wonder what on earth is going on in the other departments

i don't know what's worse, that they are going to use the site for 2 years or that only 15 people are working on the prom......

86833699_86909125_dk181127.JPG.8eb22102115fe6efabaed7414d0aa350.JPG

22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

i don't know what's worse, that they are going to use the site for 2 years or that only 15 people are working on the prom......

86833699_86909125_dk181127.JPG.8eb22102115fe6efabaed7414d0aa350.JPG

Woodyfact again - there may be 15 "workmen" on the prom but not all working...

• Haha 1

So what about all the talk of the exciting news regarding a sale and development?  Did I dream this ?    Fiction is getting mixed up with reality that it is impossible to separate the two.     The tourist board needs to look truth in the face and realize that however many Fairy houses they build, however many rallies they support, whatever they do until the fares come down no one is going to be rushing to spend time on the Island, this is and always has been, at least for the past few decades, the big problem.

• Like 2