Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lisenchuk

Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

I don't know whether there's a report, or what your dealing with, so I'm trying to say if there's a post of mine that's causing a problem I'm not bothered if you delete it without the normal formalities.

Err, what are these normal formalities of which ye speak?

I imagine you have more experience of them than I do.

Personally, I am deeply uncomfortable that someone says they can, through contacts in the telecommunications industry, and will discover the personal information about individuals who use MF and, possibly, make it public.

That's not what I signed up for.

I know it has been suggested this would be illegal, but that would depend on the circumstances of the request and, be honest, since when did the law stand in the way of mates doing favours for mates in the Isle of Man, especially in the political classes?

I'm not prepared to have the personal data I submitted to MF passed to a third party under these circumstances and made public. I have done nothing illegal, posted nothing defamatory and should not be subjected to unwarranted intrusion.

So, I have decided that until assurances are given by the moderators, or by the telecoms companies, I will withdraw from posting.

I know this will delight many of you, but I think it is a sad and worrying situation that people in a democracy can be intimidated into silence because they do not trust the laws and institutions designed to protect our free speech and freedom of expression.

In essence, she has threatened to 'out' us, I believe that is achievable in the Isle of Man so, for that reason, 'I'm out'.

I've been out of town for a few days and am just catching up with this thread and I have to say CS I'm very disappointed in you ,I thought you had more about you!

All these months of mainly intelligent interesting but mostly aggressive,insulting postings made from what you thought was the safety of your anonymity and the minute you get wind of some half assed bullshit spouted by some mad, aggressive female internet warrior ,it turns out you have the spine of a jellyfish? Poetic really.

As regards posting stuff on the internet I try not to post anything I wouldn't say personally to the intended targets face,so in the case of Amy Burns(Speaking as a South Douglas constituent) I would have to say!

You've blown it Amy ! You could have been a contender but on your fb page, you come across as a complete Bumhole and I would not entertain voting for you!

And furthermore" Mr Cretters" if you happen to come across this post ,I would say to you if you are thinking of championing this "Lady" you need to think again.

All the best

Hzorro.gif

Edited by homarus
  • Like 5

Cens will be back Hommy, just wait for the next Manx Radio threadbiggrin.png

ETA I agree she's royally fucked up with this.

Edited by piebaps

Did they delete their Facebook group? I can't find it anymore.

• Like 1

I imagine you have more experience of them than I do.

Oh, in my experience there aren't any.

But like the Murphys.......................

Personally, I am deeply uncomfortable that someone says they can, through contacts in the telecommunications industry, and will discover the personal information about individuals who use MF and, possibly, make it public.

That's not what I signed up for.

I know it has been suggested this would be illegal, but that would depend on the circumstances of the request and, be honest, since when did the law stand in the way of mates doing favours for mates in the Isle of Man, especially in the political classes?

I'm not prepared to have the personal data I submitted to MF passed to a third party under these circumstances and made public. I have done nothing illegal, posted nothing defamatory and should not be subjected to unwarranted intrusion.

So, I have decided that until assurances are given by the moderators, or by the telecoms companies, I will withdraw from posting.

I know this will delight many of you, but I think it is a sad and worrying situation that people in a democracy can be intimidated into silence because they do not trust the laws and institutions designed to protect our free speech and freedom of expression.

In essence, she has threatened to 'out' us, I believe that is achievable in the Isle of Man so, for that reason, 'I'm out'.

I've been out of town for a few days and am just catching up with this thread and I have to say CS I'm very disappointed in you ,I thought you had more about you!

All these months of mainly intelligent interesting but mostly aggressive,insulting postings made from what you thought was the safety of your anonymity and the minute you get wind of some half assed bullshit spouted by some mad, aggressive female internet warrior ,it turns out you have the spine of a jellyfish? Poetic really.

As regards posting stuff on the internet I try not to post anything I wouldn't say personally to the intended targets face,so in the case of Amy Burns(Speaking as a South Douglas constituent) I would have to say!

You've blown it Amy ! You could have been a contender but on your fb page, you come across as a complete Bumhole and I would not entertain voting for you!

And furthermore" Mr Cretters" if you happen to come across this post ,I would say to you if you are thinking of championing this "Lady" you need to think again.

All the best

Hzorro.gif

Has anyone actually asked Mr Cretney directly if he will be supporting ABDY? Its not his fault she's a tool.

I wonder if herself referring to someone as a paedophile is also considered cyber bullying. As well as calling people sad, lonely, pathetic etc etc.

post-35813-0-21539800-1420908374_thumb.png

I wonder if herself referring to someone as a paedophile is also considered cyber bullying. As well as calling people sad, lonely, pathetic etc etc.

Whilst I think she has done and said some silly things of her own I think she makes a fair point in that fb post. Some of what has been said in the this thread is pretty pathetic really.

• Like 1

I don't mind admitting I am slightly bitter. I put quite a lot of effort into my posts here even though they generally go over the head of most posters on MF because they are a pretty thick bunch. I don't really mind that, but it's annoying when the interminably stupid are allowed to call the shots by the Stupid Police. That's why I don't really post here much anymore.

• Like 1

I don't mind admitting I am slightly bitter. I put quite a lot of effort into my posts here even though they generally go over the head of most posters on MF because they are a pretty thick bunch. I don't really mind that, but it's annoying when the interminably stupid are allowed to call the shots by the Stupid Police. That's why I don't really post here much anymore.

You do some entertaining and interesting posts...it's just that the handful off psychotic ones put people off you.

A fantastic pair of tits can get you into power very easily...and relected time after time....

...but enough about Henderson and Houghton.

• Like 5