Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

looks like South Douglas is all about comedy candidates this time round, we just need that german mumbler to stand again and it will be a cracker.

Who's that Nathan?

I did not mention a nathan, is that another contender?

i think the vultures will make mincemeat out of her

And while they're making mincemeat out of her, what do YOU and the other keyboard warriors on here plan to do to make mincemeat out of THEM? Oh that's right, nothing.

Sometimes it's a mistake to write people off as keyboard warriors. Some may do more than you know but like to pass a little time on a forum or two.

And while they're making mincemeat out of her, what do YOU and the other keyboard warriors on here plan to do to make mincemeat out of THEM? Oh that's right, nothing.

Think so???

Here's an example of recent Manxforums political "feedback" from the thread where the MHK who wasn't making a pension contribution was finally exposed:

His statement is falling apart rapidly, pants on fire.

He should just fucking well resign, never mind offering crappy excuses about 'not checking my payslip' on the front page of the paper. Who doesn't check their pay slip for 2 bloody years? Everytime you do your tax return surely you check your Tax14 and your payslips so you know what deductions you are claiming for? The guy is full of shit. Resign!

Absolutely correct. Let's not forget that this pond life was/is a sub-postmaster....he should be well acquainted with following (very) basic financial data, as that set out on his payslip. I don't believe a word this scurrilous, thoroughly repugnant, worm says. I'm convinced he knew that his contributions weren't being deducted (because I'll bet he never sent the form in) and the arrogant, though utterly stupid, bastard thought he'd get away with it. His statement essentially says, "not my fault, it's all down to Treasury officials". So we can add cowardice to his lengthy CV of manifest personal failings. What an exemplar of all that is wrong with Manx politics this creature is. Venal, self-serving, duplicitous, arrogant, vacuous, odious gobshite. He won't resign - he doesn't have the decency - and I doubt that the electorate will empty him in 2016...if North Douglas haven't sussed the scumbag by now they never will.

I hope he's shunned by all and sundry. He's a shit.

I do so enjoy Uhtred's excellent use of the language. I just wish she would stop sugar-coating it and just speak her mind....

So Manx National Hemorrhage, do you recall one Geoff Corkish bleating that "Ill-informed forums should be shut down"???

There must be a reason for it. Can you guess what it is...

• Like 5

The reference to her body features are out of order. On this forum, or anywhere else.

It's not really a case of keyboard warriors on some sort of campaign. What has happened is posters on here have reacted to shallow threats made on FB. The people posting here are actually an intellegent bunch. They like nothing better than a good political dabate, with facts and numbers. Left wing and right wing slug it out here, single cause posters put forward their cause. Lots of smart people. Not keyboard warriors.

Anyway, who is THEM? Could it be the child abuser that has not been reported to the police?

Come on. Someone else must have done that. No way is that the work of an MHK candidate.

Edit to add.

As many of you know already, I live in China. Many will say I do not have a right to post here, but I spent a happy 10 years on the Island, and basically I care about the place. It's a fantastic place to live and I miss it a lot.

I have a C****y wife, I have a C****y child ( our choice to register her as Chinese rather than British).

I post mostly on an English language forum in China now. But I read MF a lot, because it is, basically, one of the best, most open, and clever forums on the planet.

Just before I saw the above "statement" I wrote this on a Chinese forum, in response to a poster who was making an issue about people being anonymous:

"In the meantime, I think we should celebrate us all being anonymous to each other. Because most of us hold the concept of democracy close to our hearts, We were brought up with it. And the whole key to it is we are anonymous. In the past (in our home country), when we cast our vote our name was not attached. Our X could not be traced. No repurcussions for voting for the loser"

Now, to post such a thing in China is pretty dangerous. I may think I am anonoymous here, but I am not. They know who I am, and they know what I post.

A keyboard warrior I am not. I am just someone who wants the best for the people of one of the best small countries in the world.

My politics are left wing. And my heart is democratic.

This is why I have posted on this thread. Because threats of tracking people via their IPs is not justified in a democracy. Denouncing the electorate as "haters" is not good.

Democracy is about debate and agreement on what is best.

Edited by ScotsAlan
  • Like 3