Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

Just before I saw the above "statement" I wrote this on a Chinese forum, in response to a poster who was making an issue about people being anonymous:

"In the meantime, I think we should celebrate us all being anonymous to each other. Because most of us hold the concept of democracy close to our hearts, We were brought up with it. And the whole key to it is we are anonymous. In the past (in our home country), when we cast our vote our name was not attached. Our X could not be traced. No repurcussions for voting for the loser"

if your talking about voting in the uk it is recorded how you vote

Just before I saw the above "statement" I wrote this on a Chinese forum, in response to a poster who was making an issue about people being anonymous:

"In the meantime, I think we should celebrate us all being anonymous to each other. Because most of us hold the concept of democracy close to our hearts, We were brought up with it. And the whole key to it is we are anonymous. In the past (in our home country), when we cast our vote our name was not attached. Our X could not be traced. No repurcussions for voting for the loser"

Oh no it's not.

Last time I voted I was in Castletown. I left the civic center to be met by Tony Brown, thanking me for voting.

"No problem" I said, "but I didn't vote for you".

"No problem", he said, "Thanks for voting"

• Like 1

Yes. But the records are sealed immediately at the conclusion of the vote. They are kept for 12 months before being destroyed. The sealed records can only be opened by a Court Order in the event of an investigation into an alleged offence.

Oh no it's not.

Last time I voted I was in Castletown. I left the civic center to be met by Tony Brown, thanking me for voting.

"No problem" I said, "but I didn't vote for you".

"No problem", he said, "Thanks for voting"

they are watermarked

Yes. But the records are sealed immediately at the conclusion of the vote. They are kept for 12 months before being destroyed. The sealed records can only be opened by a Court Order in the event of an investigation into an alleged offence.

it was covered by the bbc when dodgy votes showed up in glasgow, they knew which box and the names and removed them from the count

it was covered by the bbc when dodgy votes showed up in glasgow, they knew which box and the names and removed them from the count

Yes. And that is why it's done. Not so they can go in and make a database of how everyone voted!!