Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

The whole voting list & numbered voting slip situation we currently have is a bit intrusive & a risk to national security. (Yellow flashing lights at the Pentagon)

I was talking to MrBees about this kind of thing yesterday, it came about because our son is into Youtube videos and wanted to make some of his own (which involved setting up Youtube accounts, emails, blah blah blaaaaa). Anyway, the youtube thing got me to thinking about how irritating modern life is regards personal security, I've got at least 5000 passwords for things, it's not just a case of remembering one little password, oh noes, user name, email address, the name of your favourite pet, your place of birth (possibly Douglas, possibly, Jane Crookhall, possibly Isle of Man, or IOM or I-O-M....and so forth), and then there is the other side of it where some computer person (and as we know from what Amy has said, they cannot be trusted - I did not write that in my own voice btw) has access to all manner of your data (see list above). Which brings me to the voters list, it's available to anyone who wants to see it, I found out where loads of people lived when I was enveloping things for a candidate in a recent election, I ordered sexy times catalogues for all my enemies.....ofc I did not but I could have done and that is by far a lesser mischief than could be done. Hackers (or Amy's mate at Manx Telecom) could get access to all our data and passwords just from the electoral register and IP's - its serious!!!

I don't think she has blown it, all publicity is good. If there are no candidates or I think they're all TWF's I'll stand, I've nothing better to do, I don't need the money so I could give that away which would make me look charitable, I may even get an MBE in years to come. Now about my manifesto...can someone write one for me? I support less admin at the hospital, less admin on the busses, ok,..... generally less admin in government. I want changes in education, education is a mess, never mind pre school, lets sort out the current schools, get back on the UK curriculum and ensure that children leave primary school with the skills they will need to do well at high school & beyond (i.e. be able to spell, have a solid grounding in basic maths and be able to get their point over). I want more small busses, I am still seeing too many empty double deckers running on less busy routes, why is that? I'm not really bright enough to have opinions on serious government things so I'd leave that stuff to my department people. Oh oh oh I nearly forgot, a free boob job for Gladys off of Manx Forums (Proof that I am self less because I need one far more than her!). Would I be able to stand as TheBees if I change my name by deed poll? That would be fooken hilarious and befitting of the clowns in suits we're being presented with...

Hmm that will take up a whole page on yer mobile app - soz like.

• Like 1

Just before I saw the above "statement" I wrote this on a Chinese forum, in response to a poster who was making an issue about people being anonymous:

"In the meantime, I think we should celebrate us all being anonymous to each other. Because most of us hold the concept of democracy close to our hearts, We were brought up with it. And the whole key to it is we are anonymous. In the past (in our home country), when we cast our vote our name was not attached. Our X could not be traced. No repurcussions for voting for the loser"

if your talking about voting in the uk it is recorded how you vote

Yes. But the records are sealed immediately at the conclusion of the vote. They are kept for 12 months before being destroyed. The sealed records can only be opened by a Court Order in the event of an investigation into an alleged offence.

it was covered by the bbc when dodgy votes showed up in glasgow, they knew which box and the names and removed them from the count

Yes. And that is why it's done. Not so they can go in and make a database of how everyone voted!!

it is used for statistical data according to the bbc, this data can be used if they want, to state voting is anonymous is untrue

• Like 1

I seem to remember that last time I voted (last General Election) that the voting slip I was issued with had a code embellished into the bottom of it. As it was issued, the code was noted next to my name on the Electoral Register by the issuing official.

That surely, could link that slip and my vote to my name subsequently, should anyone desire the information, even if it was only for twelve months. Therefore that vote was not anonymous. And I wouldn't trust them further than I could spit them.....

Amy's mate at Manx Telecom

Just thinking about this. If anyone has known Amy for a few years they will likely know who this may well be. She's potentially dropping him in the shit, I would have thought.

Edited by Wann

Yes. But the records are sealed immediately at the conclusion of the vote. They are kept for 12 months before being destroyed. The sealed records can only be opened by a Court Order in the event of an investigation into an alleged offence.

Counted by whom?

Sealed by whom?

Kept by whom?

Whose courts?

Destroyed by whom?

• Like 1

Just before I saw the above "statement" I wrote this on a Chinese forum, in response to a poster who was making an issue about people being anonymous:

"In the meantime, I think we should celebrate us all being anonymous to each other. Because most of us hold the concept of democracy close to our hearts, We were brought up with it. And the whole key to it is we are anonymous. In the past (in our home country), when we cast our vote our name was not attached. Our X could not be traced. No repurcussions for voting for the loser"

it was covered by the bbc when dodgy votes showed up in glasgow, they knew which box and the names and removed them from the count

Yes. And that is why it's done. Not so they can go in and make a database of how everyone voted!!

it is used for statistical data according to the bbc, this data can be used if they want, to state voting is anonymous is untrue

It is potentially traceable but it is not for finding out who voted for whom. As has been stated before, it is to investigate complaints about anomalies. There has never been a large scale trawl of the information. There would be no point in doing so, therefore de facto, voting is anonymous. If there was any real power in an individual's vote I might consider there was something in the conspiracy theory but since there isn't, I don't.

ETA: To prove that I am not dogmatic in my postings here is a link to the Gruinard (advisedly) with some interesting correspondence: http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-1051,00.html

Edited by woolley

Counted by whom?

Sealed by whom?

Kept by whom?

Whose courts?

Destroyed by whom?

Oh boy. Another one.

Edited by Vulgarian
  • Like 1

It is potentially traceable but it is not for finding out who voted for whom. As has been stated before, it is to investigate complaints about anomalies. There has never been a large scale trawl of the information. There would be no point in doing so, therefore de facto, voting is anonymous. If there was any real power in an individual's vote I might consider there was something in the conspiracy theory but since there isn't, I don't.

its 100% traceable, i dont do conspiracy theories either but its not anonymous

Just thinking about this. If anyone has known Amy for a few years they will likely know who this may well be. She's potentially dropping him in the shit, I would have thought.

I don't think she has any friend of any kind at MT..... I call Bull*** on her actually getting any IP addresses.....

meanwhile on twitter....

attachicon.gifmanx.jpg

I'm not sure how to read that if it's genuine. Whose Twitter feed is that from? Points have been made well enough here without banging that out on Twitter to a wider audience. I think it's over the top myself. It does pinpoint, however, that really this person should not be anywhere near politics.

https://twitter.com/manannansreview/status/554692872218628097?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://twitter.com/manannansreview

I don't think she has any friend of any kind at MT..... I call Bull*** on her actually getting any IP addresses.....

Everyone and his dog has friends at MT. Even I've got a few but they're smart enough and I'm smart enough not to get into conversations about confidental client information. It just isn't done. For a would-be candidate for MHK to make these claims shows she lacks any credibility. Like you, I doubt anyone at MT is dumb enough to go telling anything private to one of the biggest loud mouths on the island.

• Like 1