Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lisenchuk

Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

The seats cannot be fixed surely?

If little David Ashcroft sat in Steven Pitts seat, how could he reach the canteen table?

• Like 1

What's that you say John? You're all at scum level since the bin was put by my friend Helen's shop after she died, I could not think any less of any of you.

• Like 3

What's that you say John? You're all at scum level since the bin was put by my friend Helen's shop after she died, I could not think any less of any of you.

did I miss something?

Not really, my dear friend Helen Callow passed away last year, she was an ex-councillor who ran the little antiques shop at the Co-op end of town. As a mark of dis-respect (call me out on it if you think it's anything else) the council placed one of their big bellied bins out side of her shop. Totally out of order and shows them for the petty bunch of so and so's they are. The bin has been moved now but it will be a long time before I stop going on about it! :)

• Like 5

Not really, my dear friend Helen Callow passed away last year, she was an ex-councillor who ran the little antiques shop at the Co-op end of town. As a mark of dis-respect (call me out on it if you think it's anything else) the council placed one of their big bellied bins out side of her shop. Totally out of order and shows them for the petty bunch of so and so's they are. The bin has been moved now but it will be a long time before I stop going on about it! :)

Yes but one of them probably got a stiffie out of it as they believed they were so important.

• Like 1

Not really, my dear friend Helen Callow passed away last year, she was an ex-councillor who ran the little antiques shop at the Co-op end of town. As a mark of dis-respect (call me out on it if you think it's anything else) the council placed one of their big bellied bins out side of her shop. Totally out of order and shows them for the petty bunch of so and so's they are. The bin has been moved now but it will be a long time before I stop going on about it! smile.png

Yes but one of them probably got a stiffie out of it as they believed they were so important.

The whole point of democracy is that everyone has a vote, and every vote is important.

Hence, it follows that every person is important.

Politicians are supposed to be inclusive, not exclusive

The lunatics have definitely taken over this forum, it gets worse day by day!

Says the poster who posts random off thread comments all over the place, yes, you might be on to something there.

Not really, my dear friend Helen Callow passed away last year, she was an ex-councillor who ran the little antiques shop at the Co-op end of town. As a mark of dis-respect (call me out on it if you think it's anything else) the council placed one of their big bellied bins out side of her shop. Totally out of order and shows them for the petty bunch of so and so's they are. The bin has been moved now but it will be a long time before I stop going on about it! smile.png

I've never met you Bees but I like this story and I like how things like this can upset/annoy. Its something my mum wouldnt put up with too. You mention you'd like to stand for election, whether you are/were taking the piss I would really like to see someone like you do it. Someone with belief and dare i say a heart. Go for it.

The Douglas Mare would be mortified if she knew Bees was standing for Council. Oh her face would be like a Bulldog chewin' a waaassp.

Bees, I never knew a bin had been put there and if you had messaged me, I also would have expressed my disapproval. I have had other shop keepers discuss the issue with me. The design of bin is big and should not really be outside the entrance to any shop.

Still I am glad its been moved.

Ps Bees, I also think you should stand. One the Council needs more variation of opinions. You would certainly see life from a different angel to most of the Councillors.