Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lisenchuk

Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

That's not fair, some in DC may have been seeing how they terrorised her over the years, she was a nice lady, a bit eccentric maybe, but honest and reliable, in the main

• Like 2

Ps Bees, I also think you should stand. One the Council needs more variation of opinions. You would certainly see life from a different angel to most of the Councillors.

Bees an angel?

Ps Bees, I also think you should stand. One the Council needs more variation of opinions. You would certainly see life from a different angel to most of the Councillors.

She believes in angels even less than she believes in Douglas Council,believe it,or not.

EDIT TO ADD: I'll be interested to hear bees' angle on the matter.

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Like 1

That's not fair, some in DC may have been seeing how they terrorised her over the years, she was a nice lady, a bit eccentric maybe, but honest and reliable, in the main

Agreed, I had many chats with her in her little shop.

• Like 1

Am I missing a crucial piece of this story? Why is putting a wastebin on a public road seen as disrespectful?

Fossil because theBees got a bee in her bonnet about a bin and some dirty bastards hitting below the belt.

Tell it like it is.

The bullying she was subjected to is indefensible and speaks volumes about certain members of Council.

EDIT TO ADD: An eccentric old lady I can cope with,but privilege abusing bullies in public office I can't accept.

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Like 5

Am I missing a crucial piece of this story? Why is putting a wastebin on a public road seen as disrespectful?

How many shops in Strand Street have Solar Belly bins right by their front door? Mrs Callow was a lady, she was sworn at by male members of council after and before being beaten in an election by Bill (is that an empty rental property?) McSmirky (in the hot tub) then a bin appeared at the front door of her shop a few weeks after she has died - how is it anything but disrespectful?

I'm not smart enough to represent people and I have a closet full of skeletons I'm quite happy to keep where they are. Douglas and the Isle of Man need less have a go hero representatives - if there is less than a 50% turn out in the vote - the seat goes, simples!

I'm not smart enough to represent people and I have a closet full of skeletons

Blimey. That's Keys material. Go for it, girl!

• Like 2

And in many cases the current crop are in office on circa 12% turnout,and some not even opposed.

Doesn't do much for their validity as representatives,does it?

• Like 1

Mmmm this being the woman who would not keep her home in good order and insisted on feeding the flying vermin outside her shop, exactly who are the dirty bastards??

My God, you disgust me.

Its almost like they do not want people to vote. Well, in their faces, shall we see if we can raise the turnout for the next elections? There are people on here from the newspapers and Manx Radio - come on then, lets have ya! (support a better turn out and start now for 2016)