Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lisenchuk

Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

How very sweet that she and her husband attended the same creative writing class together.

• Like 8

I can see plenty of people feeling like they deserve a pay rise.

• Like 6

Still I am glad its been moved.

Yeah but you're probably glad the old dear died as well.

Actually I miss her.

"Amy made a status months ago the press stole"

# JeSuisMoron

She's been trumped by the press in the last few days too. We would guess that was the final nail in the coffin.

Her job pays more? So she's definitely "Considerably richer than yoooouuuuu"

Funny really because she only posted up in the FB comments screenshot earlier in this thread (and I'll quote the bad English):

"I was the other day saying to Gary I think I will go back to e gaming the money for politics isn't worth it, but these guys make me more determined going to bury them"

Why would she 'go back to e gaming' if she already earns more than an MHK's £38,711 a year?

Bullshit.

OK guys, we're going to have start paying our MHKs more if we want them to be of Amy's calibre.

• Like 4

"I was the other day saying to Gary I think I will go back to e gaming the money for politics isn't worth it, but these guys make me more determined going to bury them"

Why would she 'go back to e gaming' if she already earns more than an MHK's £38,711 a year?

Bullshit.

Also, interesting wording - "money for politics". Do MHKs and potential MHKs really believe they are paid "for politics", like an actual job? I thought it was a public service and that you should only be paid enough to meet your basic needs and ability to serve the public good? She obviously sees it as a career move or an avenue for personal advancement / ego enhancement rather than genuinely serving the public. In all her posts on Facebook, all she has done is promote populist things which will appeal to the most people and get her elected.There's no indication of her promoting anything unpopular. It's all populist platitudes to get votes.

Edited by Tommy *Gun* Lansky

OK guys, we're going to have start paying our MHKs more if we want them to be of Amy's calibre.

It's obviously better being on the e-game.

We offered advice as to why she should not run, she seems to have taken it.

A service?

• Like 2

Populist platitudes to get votes?? Isn't that what they all do Tommy?