Post Offices Douglas/Ramsey

The great plan of Singer, put 1p 0n a stamp, 2p 0n a parcel, saving £240,000, what a load of crap, and we have Bell keep saying behind the scenes we are working very hard to try and solve the problem.

There is a simple answer to it, all MHKs and MLCs hand back the £10,000 Bell gave them to be a member of a department, they get paid enough from their salaries, that's what they were elected to do, not accept a sweetener, that should make a difference, then the final act, get rid of LEGCO, that should save around £500,000 a year, problem solved.

The next act is cut these taxpayer funded pensions, state pensioners have to live on less than £200 a week, so if the pensions were contributory then they are entitled to it, but, I don't see why MHKs etc should get hundreds of pounds a week extra when the rest are living below the poverty line which is according to the UK is £200 a week

• Like 4
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm willing to bet it's closed on 1st Jan 2017 - Bank Holiday, you tit!

Leonard Singer was on MR this morning supporting the closure of the Ramsey Post Office.   This would be Leonard Singer MHK who is one of the elected members for Ramsey, placed in power by the elect

NDP: You're missing the point that the Post Office is infested with managers on whacking great salaries and pensions, adding nothing of value to the service. It's the same across all of the PS / CS. T

The great plan of Singer, put 1p 0n a stamp, 2p 0n a parcel, saving £240,000, what a load of crap

Yes, but Singer isn't just an oily, self-serving, granny-farmer y'know...he has qualifications in being stupid.

• Like 2

He has qualifications in Pharmacy, nothing else.

I wouldn't fancy taking a prescription put together by that jerk.

• Like 1

He is a capable pharmacist. After all why go granny farming when you can have them coming to you?

Very good point. Pharmacy = granny magnet. Just ask Rodan.

• Like 2

Wow, 300 people on a march to stop the Isle of Man government saving money because they'll have to walk an extra 2 minutes to the Spar...

I guess at their level that's what is important to them, I just can't see the point myself.

• Like 6

Gotta love the way singer built up the tension before announcing his genius idea of putting a penny on stamps to save the post office as if he'd just discovered a cure for all cancers .....begs the question why was this completely obvious thing not considered at the time the only solution seemed to be to gift it to spar?

• Like 1

A penny on a stamp? Why bother... after the cost of changing it, it surely doesn't really amount to much. Why not put 50p on a stamp, and try to make a profit rather than a loss, and stamp out the archaic way of posting letters out to people?

That's too much like common sense...

Put a penny on the cost of a stamp?

Brilliant policy suggestion from Leonard Singer.

That puts up the cost to companies and would probably lead to less business for IOM Post.

So you were expecting Singer to apply common sense to the debate were you.....?

He is a capable pharmacist. After all why go granny farming when you can have them coming to you?

Yes. When your handing out all that Anusol to treat some old ladies "Nobby Stiles" it's not hard to call in a voting favour. Oh he's a lovely man. Pharmacy is granny farming nirvana.

Edited by oldmanxfella
  • Like 1