Other Peoples' Money - TETRA upgrade gets go ahead

Wann

That is a quote from Barrie Trower who seems to think Motorola is an American company and I think so too, so since Motorola is American so is Tetra. QED

Tetra is an ETSI standard, not a company. Motorola happen to be a company that manufacture equipment that conform to the Tetra standard. ETSI is an open European Standard that many non American companies use too.

And is this the same Barrie Trower? http://www.emfandhealth.com/Barrie%20WiFi2.html If so, then yes, he definitely looks like an authoritative source to quote, good job you.

• Like 1

That is a quote from Barrie Trower who seems to think Motorola is an American company and I think so too, so since Motorola is American so is Tetra. QED

Tetra is an ETSI standard, not a company. Motorola happen to be a company that manufacture equipment that conform to the Tetra standard. ETSI is an open European Standard that many non American companies use too.

And is this the same Barrie Trower? http://www.emfandhealth.com/Barrie%20WiFi2.html If so, then yes, he definitely looks like an authoritative source to quote, good job you.

well that doesnt explain

why we need it

why it is so expensive

who is in charge

why Tynwald could not debate it

thanks for nothing

as for dissing barrie trower obviously an anonymous guy off manxforums trumps his credibility into a cocked hat

tetra is still originally american in design and Motorola provide most of the kit who are also american but if you want to put a little sticker on the box saying made in Europe then crack on

MV5BMTcxNjk1ODU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA3

What was wrong with old communications systems?

Emergency services would come to a standstill law and order would be compromised, riots would break out all over the island! Then planes will start falling from the sky! Well they fell for that excuse at the airport!

• Like 5

And is this the same Barrie Trower? http://www.emfandhealth.com/Barrie%20WiFi2.html

I've always wondered about all the wi-fi, bluetooth, mobile phone and countless other signals that surround us and presumably go through us nearly 24/7. What are they all doing to us? Do we really know it's not causing side effects?

• Like 1

I've always wondered about all the wi-fi, bluetooth, mobile phone and countless other signals that surround us and presumably go through us nearly 24/7. What are they all doing to us? Do we really know it's not causing side effects?

Everything is killing us, but hey ho what's the point in worrying. Perhaps you should put an extra layer of tinfoil up on your walls, extensive research on various reliable websites tells us that its the only defence.*

*this could be bullshit.

*this could be bullshit.

Well our brains work on minute electrical impulses so there could be something in all this. The moon coming a little too close with gravitational forces and all that, could have an effect on some folk too.

I've never tried lining my walls with tin foil but I once went in a house with foil backed plasterboard all round. It was really, really weird.

Mainly because it smelt of damp.

Edited by Wann
  • Like 2