GOOD NEWS - Crime rates, already at a 35 year low, have fallen 4.2%

For the sake of pressing a button, you have to be a fucking moron to not lock your car. Same goes with house, obvs.

I can't work out if it is laziness, stupidity or a misplaced belief that because we live on an island it is our duty to make ourselves vulnerable.

Either way, if you don't lock your house or car you will get no sympathy from me.

i think it's best to be safe but i'd prefer to know i was safe even if i didn't lock my doors and everyone had their needs met sufficiently x

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And, as per recent UK crime figure revelations, how many crimes weren't actually ever even recorded in order for these figures to be reached and shouted about.......?

Extracts from page 46 of the Isle of Man Examiner, 25.11.2014 A good reminder that despite its faults, the Isle of Man remains one of the best places in the world to live. Disc

Personally, I would say that the Isle of Man is a very place to live. In all the time I lived there I never once felt threatened or was the victim of crime. Yes, some crime does occur but it is really

It just shows no matter how good is your forward planning is, until this very serious number of break inns occur totally out of the blue.

What would be very interesting information to obtain from Inspector Flint is what are the number of these break inns that have occurred to date and the impact these will now have on the annual figures as stated above.

In that I assume for your own internal monitoring you will be using a rolling system for providing 12 months figures at the end of each month when the statistics from the older month will have drop out and the latest numbers for the most recent month have been added in.

Is it possible to be provided with this Information Inspector Flint?

Oh I would think we will see the percentage of crime's rise considerably in this years statistics.

Whats most interesting for me is, if this IS an organised gang, how are they getting their stuff off the island? Surely the "Dilligent" staff at the port would see the large bags marked "SWAG" in the back of a Transit van going back across and say "Hang on a minute" ...

However as we all know, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics' so expect the usual pile of made up jumbo to go to press. However with the rise of social media and people reporting crime to the world real-time, everyone will be able to put two and two together now and see that the stats do not equal reality. Interesting times ahead.

Edited by Lxxx

However as we all know, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics' so expect the usual pile of made up jumbo to go to press. However with the rise of social media and people reporting crime to the world real-time, everyone will be able to put two and two together now and see that the stats do not equal reality. Interesting times ahead.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, real time reporting prevents the removing/reallocation of figures, codes dates and other reporting procedures to be moved around at a later datethumbsup.gif

Edited by Buster Lewin

When all the vehicles were vandalised in the South, I was told that every individual vehicle was recorded as a single crime and caused the figures to climb massively. This will also be the case with the burglaries.

Edited by Fossils

When all the vehicles were vandalised in the South, I was told that every individual vehicle was recorded as a single crime and caused the figures to climb massively. This will also be the case with the burglaries.

So the crime figures will be an accurate reflection now.