Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sentience

MT....Unbelievable

Even these forums aren't hosted on the Isle of Man, does that mean they're not Manx?

Yes but it is my understanding that the owner is Manx, even if the moderators are a bunch of colonial occupiers.

The trolls are mainly Manx Trolls.

Even these forums aren't hosted on the Isle of Man, does that mean they're not Manx?

Yes but it is my understanding that the owner is Manx, even if the moderators are a bunch of colonial occupiers.

moderator - colonic occupiers w00t.gif

• Like 1

Ok, 63% Manx.

There. I know. Now what?

you just made that up because you are lazy and it suits you to

No I didn't. If you think it's made up, please provide evidence to the contrary. Thankyouplease.

The trolls are mainly KWC alumni. Are you all part of some lame devil-worshipping fraternity, like Skull & Bones?

MT works, it also owns and maintains the vast majority of the infrastructure on the Island as far as I understand, so any other companies are just piggybacking this by my very limited understanding.

So bitch about this and that, but unless someone is going to come along, dig up all the roads lay their own cable etc. I'll just stick with what works.

This is the most-relevent thread I could find. Apparently brand shiny new members aren't allowed to author new threads -- can't find the limitations in the T&C though. Anyway.

We're considering a move to IOM, and we have lots of questions. First one being this MT stuff. Internet connectivity will be critical as my business is online. How is the in-home Internet connectivity on your little island?

Guiiiillllttttyyyyyy!!!

The trolls are mainly KWC alumni. Are you all part of some lame devil-worshipping fraternity, like Skull & Bones?

Didn't you know, the Isle of Man is the egaming capital of the universe. I'm sure your online business will be ok.

Businesses - Pay attention to your line rentals!

I just found out we've been paying £20odd a month for a line that should have been ceased when we switched to broadband as well as another line that stopped being used in 1924. Pays to be vigilant :)

TSG - as usual, it all depends upon where you are based. The vast majority of the island has good overage. MT seem to have rolled out fibre all across the island. To get the best service, you need to be based close to one of their nice green cabinets.

Don't move to Maughold, carrier pigeon would be quicker. I've been chasing for literally years and always get the same 'We'll get to you sometime soon'

I was looking forward to the BlueWave 4G service as my phone is at least three times quicker than my ADSL2+ enabled telephone line.