Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
When Skies Are Grey

Star Wars - The Force Awakens

I am just messing with you all.

Saw it Midnight release in the UK at an IMAX cinema.

Blew my fucking mind how awesome it was.

Also enjoying the stories of people getting the shit kicked out of them for spoiling it for others.

Some interesting cameos in there. Also found out yesterday that Peter Mayhew (Chewie) is slowly passing the torch to another giant actor.

• Like 1

BB-8 wasn't as annoying as I first thought it was going to be.

TFA now the highest box office release in history...not bad

Will wait for the DVD or Blueray. Please tell me that JAJA asshole isn't in it or if he is please tell me he gets shot right in the nads and the head with a shotgun within 5 minutes?

• Like 1

Ever tried using the Palace online booking thing? Ugh.

Fully booked until January and it doesn't offer you January to choose a date. Is it accurate or is it better to phone up? Yo ho

It was alright. Very similar to Ep 4, not exactly scene-by-scene like Star Trek Into Darkness, but lots of echoes. Actually the more I think of it, the more similarities I see between the two. Ep's 4 and 7, that is.

The overblown size of some of the hardware (trying to avoid spoiler, here) was also similar to Into Darkness; maybe it's a JJ "tell".

Might have been a better story if they hadn't felt the need to shoehorn in so many of the old characters. Daisy's was the best character which meant she could do a bit more quality acting.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster
  • Like 1

In the words of Mr Kermode, even a cast list can be considered a spoiler, so beware, spoilers ahead

Yes, she is. I'm probably overdoing the spoiler avoidance as she was on Graham Norton last week...

• Like 1