Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
spermann

I wonder will Peter Karran also ask....

http://www.manx.net/isle-of-man-news/69309/backbench-attempt-to-stall-child-care-contracts

Who did the Childrens Centre award the contract to for constructing their new building on Bucks Road a few years ago (the strage looking flat roof thing).

Was the contractor local... No???? Did they pay local sub contractors before they declared themselves bankrupt? Ask the questions Peter!!!

What goes around comes around. The Manx are fighting back... Join the revolution Peter and protect the Manx not just your votes.

http://www.manx.net/isle-of-man-news/69309/backbench-attempt-to-stall-child-care-contracts

Who did the Childrens Centre award the contract to for constructing their new building on Bucks Road a few years ago (the strage looking flat roof thing).

Was the contractor local... No???? Did they pay local sub contractors before they declared themselves bankrupt? Ask the questions Peter!!!

What goes around comes around. The Manx are fighting back... Join the revolution Peter and protect the Manx not just your votes.

You appear to misunderstand what politics is all about. Protecting their vote to the exclusion of all other things, without exception, is the raison d'être of a politician. Survive, survive, survive is their mantra. Karran is no different.

It's not about the children's centre, it's about a conflict of interest in the tendering process.

It's not about the children's centre, it's about a conflict of interest in the tendering process.

Its about the Childrens Centre complaining that its gone 'off Island'. Do as I say not as i do....

Edited by spermann

Interesting point that.

Risk of being a sub contractor I guess. Spermann, how much did you get back from the administrators once the companies assets had been reviewed and sold on?

What conflict? They made them an offer they couln't refuse.

I wish Knight would just stop whinging and get on with running his little nursery. They didn't even need to wait for the CC on the panel to declare an interest, they knew already prior to appointing him to the procurement panel as all CC's have to declare and ask for permission from their substantive employer prior to taking on other roles, being a director of an off island charity counts. Quayle and Cannan knew this prior to appointment but still thought they could get away with it. There needs to be an enquiry even if it just shows those two arrogant twats up for what they are. I'm not fussed who gets the contracts as long as the kids are looked after and we don't end up paying any extra. Come to think of it our business has never had St Christophers bombarding us with begging emails for raffle prizes of sponsorship but we have had plenty from the IOMCC just goes to show which one is running a service within their budget instead of continually being on the scrounge.

That's it I need a new phone or to go on a finger diet.

Edited by CBman

I'd like to know exactly where Howard Quayle is getting his figures from...

How can a service charging £100,000 more a year be saving money?

How can £2.3 million being sent off island be good value for money?

Even if St Christopher's are cheaper the loss to the island will be huge, St Christopher's don't spend their profits on island setting up new charitable projects...

Just before Christmas st Christopher's went begging for money for one of their Young people... Why they couldn't borrow back some of that £2.3 million they sent off island I'll never know

What did the Children's Centre go bankrupt? If so how did it back onto its feet. I have always thought it was state owned, who owns it then?

I wish Knight would just stop whinging and get on with running his little nursery. They didn't even need to wait for the CC on the panel to declare an interest, they knew already prior to appointing him to the procurement panel as all CC's have to declare and ask for permission from their substantive employer prior to taking on other roles, being a director of an off island charity counts. Quayle and Cannan knew this prior to appointment but still thought they could get away with it. There needs to be an enquiry even if it just shows those two arrogant twats up for what they are. I'm not fussed who gets the contracts as long as the kids are looked after and we don't end up paying any extra. Come to think of it our business has never had St Christophers bombarding us with begging emails for raffle prizes of sponsorship but we have had plenty from the IOMCC just goes to show which one is running a service within their budget instead of continually being on the scrounge.

Is the Chief Constable involved in the operation of a private company, which has direct interests in the work the CC has to carry out, especially if he is a member and a Director, I cant believe a Chief Constable would be permitted to a member or a Director of any private company at all, especially if it is trading?

What did the Children's Centre go bankrupt? If so how did it back onto its feet. I have always thought it was state owned, who owns it then?

Is the Chief Constable involved in the operation of a private company, which has direct interests in the work the CC has to carry out, especially if he is a member and a Director, I cant believe a Chief Constable would be permitted to a member or a Director of any private company at all, especially if it is trading?

Not falling for that one Buster.

Anyway, since the origional posting a couple of days ago it looks like John Knight has now handed in his notice according to recent media reports.

Lets hope the next Childrens Centre CE is more alligned to dealing with local suppliers, contactors and businesses!

I will be writing seperatly to Peter Karran so he has some of the other side to the story.

Edited by spermann