You'll never see a poor farmer

Flubbergump

Is the money is paid to landowners and not related to food production . I've been advised the cash is paid on 'set aside' land .

I do not have too much of a problem if the subsidies are linked to production of food for home consumption.

• Like 1

It's our money that is being distributed to farmers around the island.

At least we should know via Freedom of Information who is receiving it.

We should stop using the phrase that money is being distributed to "Farmers"

Its being distributed to Landowners, a good portion of whom may not have farmed at all for decades since the subsidies keep rolling in, paid for by the had work of tenant farmers, and other Manx workers.

The refusal to list who is receiving these huge subsidies reflects who is pulling the strings of our MHK's.

• Like 4

It's our money that is being distributed to farmers around the island.

At least we should know via Freedom of Information who is receiving it.

We should stop using the phrase that money is being distributed to "Farmers"

Its being distributed to Landowners, a good portion of whom may not have farmed at all for decades since the subsidies keep rolling in, paid for by the had work of tenant farmers, and other Manx workers.

The refusal to list who is receiving these huge subsidies reflects who is pulling the strings of our MHK's.

• Like 5

12 acres and you appear to be eligible

feck me, really..... I must look into this, I might just break even after the £100 they want to empty my septic tank.

This could back fire hugely. Back in the day I wouldn't have bothered trying to claim a few pennies, but now by feck I will and I'm sure others will too!

1.These payments are not a subsidy in order to reduce the price of food to the consumers.

2.It is payed to Landowners, regardless of their own personal wealth.

3. It is paid to all Developers who own land.

4. High Net worth and wealthy people who have purchased land over the years, mainly to retain privacy around their residence, which account for many thousand of acres receive this payment each year.

5. There are Manx farms which have been handed down from generation, and the original land has been used to provide security to buy further acres of land. Many of these are multi millionaires.

6. The farmers who rent the "mountains£ of the Govt receive a payment which is higher than the rent per acre they pay, and this is before all the further hill related payments they obtain. They took the UK definition of hill land and amended it to be land above the mountain wall, this land is not even mountain land in the true sense of the word.

There is no valid reason as to why these grants are not subject not only to means testing and capping , but the names of those that receive the payments should also be made public.

Just out of interest in relation the Regeneration Schemes they have made public payments pubic as to the amount and the name of the person to whom the public money has been paid to, and payments of £85 have been reported, which is correct, but here, the farmers hand out is £9 million per year.

The best Allan Bell and his CoMin pals can do for their £millionaire mates is put the sacrificial lamb that is Phil Gawne onto Manx Radio to bleat such sort of clap trap as

[/whinging drawl on] "We need to pay the landowners to look after the land because we need land to grow food and we need food to live and if we don't have food we die therefore if we don't pay them to look after the land then we die. It really is that simple."[/]