Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Ronaldsway Airport Beirut.

I seem to recall we blew some ridiculous sum I believe it was a million on the car park to the left off the island, which was so empty that staff were instructed to park in there to give the illusion of money well spent !

I agree with Boredom, we have no one who has any idea how to run a commercial operation where making the business viable in straitened times is a talent. We have wastrels and dreamers and the public purse has to pick up the tab for their largesse. How much longer will it be until someone in the keys starts asking the difficult questions of those in charge whose achievements are exactly zip !

I wouldn't even use the word commercial Asitis I'd just use the word prudent. Government has to offer the taxpayer value for money particularly in the services or facilities that can't break even. Like the bus company some essential services may well have to run at a loss but that does not mean that they don't have to be run prudently and with an eye on costs and value for money. These charges are just extra taxes because if they didn't have them the loses we are underwriting would just go up. They are certainly nowhere near savings.

• Like 3

Well for the first time this evening I have been to the airport to pick someone up and what a shambles, whoever thought this one up needs a serious check up from the neck up. I was moved on by a very polite airport security officer no complaints there, but the road past the airport is now just that, a road, with cars driving past at enough speed to cause a serious accident with a pedestrian trying to cross. From a pick up area they have created a road with passing traffic who are unable to stop and just drive aimlessly past thus meaning that the volume of traffic is now much greater than before. A lady with a suitcase almost got mown down tonight trying to cross the road. IMO this is a serious safety issue which has not been thought through and it will only be a matter of time before the artificial traffic flow created causes an accident !. I didn't think the airport could become more of a farce but lo I admit I was wrong !!

• Like 6

Yeah was there this evening. Pathetic..a guy working full time sending people away from the pick up area into the car park to pay his salary.

• Like 3

To be fair to the guy working sending people away I asked him why he had to do this, he shrugged his shoulders and said embarrassing isn't it !

Am I right in understanding that you can now not be picked up outside the airport if you are stood there waiting to get in the car, or is it just if you are early for a flight and sat parked outside?

You can pick them up, but not wait for them i.e. they have to wait for you.

They're moving people on if the person is not already there waiting to be picked up.

Though a friend of mine was stopped and asked if he was picking up or dropping off...even though he was the only one in the car. The birth of a great detective methinks.

• Like 3

The pick-up and drop-off road has worked well for over twenty years since it was first constructed, why change it now

The pick-up and drop-off road has worked well for over twenty years since it was first constructed, why change it now

Cash grab. More stealth charges.
  • Like 2

If thats the case. instead of going into the car park, park up just off the Castletown side roundabout, loads of space on the road there

What a pain

Cash grab. More stealth charges.

Exactly

Seems that the airport security staff have been told to move cars that are waiting to pick up passengers - even though the flight concerned may have landed.

However, it seems that the airport security staff have also been told to use some discretion with those drivers picking up passengers from SleasyJet flights. I sense a brown envelope or two floating around the terminal. Perhaps the answer is to drive into the staff car park and wait there. Even better - make use of Ann Reynoldsway's reserved parking space.

Seems that the airport security staff have been told to move cars that are waiting to pick up passengers - even though the flight concerned may have landed.

However, it seems that the airport security staff have also been told to use some discretion with those drivers picking up passengers from SleasyJet flights. I sense a brown envelope or two floating around the terminal. Perhaps the answer is to drive into the staff car park and wait there. Even better - make use of Ann Reynoldsway's reserved parking space.

I think MHK's also have reserved spaces. Fair enough as for any business their paking is paid for when they are off Island on Govt business, but nice free perk for them and their families when off Island on holiday, shopping etc

• Like 1

The guy said to me you are only allowed to stop if your passengers are at the kerbside waiting to get in, going to be great when its pissing down and people have to stand at the kerb. For goodness sake the place is on its arse as it is why make it any more inconvenient for everyone to use, how much do we pay these clowns to manage this failing public transport facility !

• Like 7