Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Ronaldsway Airport Beirut.

Ostrich , head sand, unfit for purpose, spring to mind along with a large number of other adjectives which I couldn't type !

I know the woman has a brass neck,but I didn't know it was that long.

Er, doesn't every airport do this?

This is exactly the point. There is only one airport and it's never happened before. You are talking about airports in other nations. We don't care what they do. We prefer the way things have always been done in the Isle of Man. We aren't too keen on "improving" our provisions to match UK "best practice" even if we have imported a load of UK "best practitioners" at great cost to do it. Annoys me so much. Good thing I'm not Manx. I am sure I would explode with apoplexy.

• Like 7

This is exactly the point. There is only one airport and it's never happened before. You are talking about airports in other nations. We don't care what they do. We prefer the way things have always been done in the Isle of Man. We aren't too keen on "improving" our provisions to match UK "best practice" even if we have imported a load of UK "best practitioners" at great cost to do it. Annoys me so much. Good thing I'm not Manx. I am sure I would explode with apoplexy.

Ha ha ha ha - I like to start the day with a good laugh ! New radar anyone ? Nice one going cheap - never used ....

Edited by JustAMinute
  • Like 2

There is not much point in comparing ourselves to most other airports as they have different circumstances. The £1 in itself is not too bad in comparison, but it is unnecessary and probably not going to raise revenue overall when the other factors are taken in to account.

It has always been a pleasant introduction to visitors who arrive to see that there is short term parking beside the airport and that the person collecting them has not had to incur parking charges in order to do so.

Have they analysed the impact on the shops in the airport?

I had previously arrived early to collect passengers from the airport parked in the car park and had a coffee while waiting. I will simply save any money spent on the coffee now.

• Like 1

Wow. Piss Up, Brewery comes to mind. Would be funny if the dimwits behind it wouldn't be highly paid.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha ha - I like to start the day with a good laugh ! New radar anyone ? Nice one going cheap - never used ....

>New radar anyone ?

Nah, just get The Honourable Philip Gawne MHK to set fire to it and then claim on the insurance?

TBT.

Wow. Piss Up, Brewery comes to mind. Would be funny if the dimwits behind it wouldn't be highly paid.

It's just abysmal. Reynolds can do that trick as much as she likes but there's 70,000 other people in the Island pissing themselves laughing at the complete empty headed fuck up that a hand full of people at the airport have made. As I said the other day civil disobedience is the only way to deal with a failure to accept public feeling. We do not live in the UK. We are not here to prevent you from finding savings in the way you operate.

Edited by oldmanxfella
  • Like 1

Did you hear Phil Gawne say 'watch my lips' today in one of his many interviews on M.R. unbelievable.....then came a load of pure rubbish out of them.....he promises no more silly taxes...except there may be a few increases next year here and there but they will not affect the general public much because they will be on things the public do not use a lot. I could not believe what I was hearing, this man has more radio time than most of the presenters, droning on and on I don't think he should be out on his own let alone sit in Tynwald.

• Like 2

I feel the need for another rant ................

It is not often I find complimentary things to say about the airport management in the Isle of Man, however last evening as I joined the traffic on the warm up laps around the two island racecourse outside of the airport, something struck me. I realised that with utter brilliance the airport team had solved an age old conundrum about how to manage the large volumes of traffic both airside and vehicular traffic bringing customers to the facility. Why no one at other airports has seen this is beyond me, it is utterly brilliant in its simplicity. This integrated solution has two main steps and normal commercial pressures have to be discounted for this to work. Firstly reduce the availability of aircraft and minimise the available number of passengers, this reduces the overall wear and tear on the airport infrastructure as a whole, and makes a significant cost reduction. Phase two involves ensuring passengers who still use the facility have as disagreeable a time as possible when passing through to use what flights do exist. To underpin the minimising of air traffic a hand in hand vehicle traffic policy needs to discourage as many people as possible being able to use the facility with ease, and if it is possible to achieve this with as much officiousness as possible so much the better. The whole policy actually works at its most efficient in bad weather when air travel is difficult and if it is possible to soak your customers through whilst ensuring that they cannot board their onward transport so much the better.

In short any other airports reading this who wish to reduce their customer base and who wish to be entertained by anglo saxon words on customer surveys are advised to follow the Reynolds/Gawne model to the letter.

On a serious note I hope Derek Flint reads this and takes into account the safety issues for pedestrians that the on road race circuit will contribute to !

Thoroughly pissed off when picking up an ill relative who had to stand outside whilst I did the parade lap !

Coffee time !!!!!!!

• Like 2

I feel the need for another rant ................

It is not often I find complimentary things to say about the airport management in the Isle of Man, however last evening as I joined the traffic on the warm up laps around the two island racecourse outside of the airport, something struck me. I realised that with utter brilliance the airport team had solved an age old conundrum about how to manage the large volumes of traffic both airside and vehicular traffic bringing customers to the facility. Why no one at other airports has seen this is beyond me, it is utterly brilliant in its simplicity. This integrated solution has two main steps and normal commercial pressures have to be discounted for this to work. Firstly reduce the availability of aircraft and minimise the available number of passengers, this reduces the overall wear and tear on the airport infrastructure as a whole, and makes a significant cost reduction. Phase two involves ensuring passengers who still use the facility have as disagreeable a time as possible when passing through to use what flights do exist. To underpin the minimising of air traffic a hand in hand vehicle traffic policy needs to discourage as many people as possible being able to use the facility with ease, and if it is possible to achieve this with as much officiousness as possible so much the better. The whole policy actually works at its most efficient in bad weather when air travel is difficult and if it is possible to soak your customers through whilst ensuring that they cannot board their onward transport so much the better.

In short any other airports reading this who wish to reduce their customer base and who wish to be entertained by anglo saxon words on customer surveys are advised to follow the Reynolds/Gawne model to the letter.

On a serious note I hope Derek Flint reads this and takes into account the safety issues for pedestrians that the on road race circuit will contribute to !

Thoroughly pissed off when picking up an ill relative who had to stand outside whilst I did the parade lap !

Coffee time !!!!!!!

Why didn't you just use the car park and go inside and wait?

As for safety issues it is a one way road as long as you know to look before stepping off the pavement to make sure there are no vehicles coming there should really be no issues.

Edited by thommo2010