Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

I've just had a peek at the group and came to the conclusion that basic education needs some serous attention on this island.

Further, when companies are posting using their company name and logo and swearing like yobs, it surely can't be doing much for their PR.

Edited by Addie
  • Like 2

He must be loving all this hysteria at the moment. He's a one man angry mob on a quiet day.

He appears to need some sort of chemical cosh to sedate him. Between these angry postings and the Amy Burns thing you do get the impression of somebody who needs to be restrained for their own good. This is the problem with the Police now policing and managing their PR via social media. They spend half their time managing the Islands usual nutter fraternity who are sat at home seemingly angry, half pissed, and spewing bullshit into their iPads, and only the other half of the time dealing with actual crime. Some of the news postings are actually hilarious: it's hard to believe that some of them have the mental capacity to walk and talk at the same time.

It seems to be a lot of small items like jewellery that have been stolen, It's got to be worthwhile for those who have had jewellery stolen to go onto ebay and search for jewellery within say 20 miles of their postcode, just to see if they recognise anything.

It's a simple enough function, and may land police with a user name and email account with which to close in on the thieves.

The burglaries may be hard to stop or catch in the act with so much territory to cover and no idea when or where they will strike next, but shifting the gear without getting caught has to be the hardest part for these guys, so thats the way to catch them.

• Like 1

The burglaries may be hard to stop or catch in the act with so much territory to cover and no idea when or where they will strike next, but shifting the gear without getting caught has to be the hardest part for these guys, so thats the way to catch them.

If its mostly jewellery then posting it would be the obvious choice, given there are many companies offering postal services then there is little to no way they'd be caught.

It seems to be a lot of small items like jewellery that have been stolen, It's got to be worthwhile for those who have had jewellery stolen to go onto ebay and search for jewellery within say 20 miles of their postcode, just to see if they recognise anything.

It's a simple enough function, and may land police with a user name and email account with which to close in on the thieves.

Worth a try, if the burglars were local it might work, but I think hitting this many properties so quickly means they are from the UK /Ireland or are resident east european types etc. and will look to sell it there, where it isn`t being looked for.Searching the boats and planes would be the best bet in my opinion, it`s how they get most of the drug dealers.

• Like 3

I have a rather large and magnificent collection of nazi memorabilia currently on display in my youngest daughters bedroom ...should these lowlife scumbags nick this would i be wise to report it or say nothing? Also not sure where i stand insurance wise? Some of these items are irreplaceable..can any rozzers out there advise me please?

I have a rather large and magnificent collection of nazi memorabilia currently on display in my youngest daughters bedroom ...should these lowlife scumbags nick this would i be wise to report it or say nothing? Also not sure where i stand insurance wise? Some of these items are irreplaceable..can any rozzers out there advise me please?

Take pictures of each individual piece, plenty of people collect WW1 and WW2 memorabilia so you wouldn't have a problem reporting it.

Take pictures of each individual piece, plenty of people collect WW1 and WW2 memorabilia so you wouldn't have a problem reporting it.

Might be a bit difficult if he has a Luger or a Tiger tank.

Might be a bit difficult if he has a Luger or a Tiger tank.

.......and a member of the Hitler Youth Movement.