Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

"The girl didn't get hurt in the break in, she was attacked in the Outback" - think about that TRUE statement for a while................

FFS.... And in the other thread, I was slagged for saying the island is rough?

Should pay attention to what happens in clubs across, read the locals of these areas not just the nationals and see what isn`t even getting mentioned.

"The girl didn't get hurt in the break in, she was attacked in the Outback" - think about that TRUE statement for a while................

Should pay attention to what happens in clubs across, read the locals of these areas not just the nationals and see what isn`t even getting mentioned.

yet more myths? can't remember the last time someone was glassed on the mainland

Perhaps you have a short memory or don't read statistics.

"In the United Kingdom, there are more than 5,000 glassing attacks each year." Wiki.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

yet more myths? can't remember the last time someone was glassed on the mainland

Oh ffs, dream on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30658064

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2907964/Teaching-assistant-smashing-pint-glass-partner-s-friend-s-face.html

http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/news/local/town-centre-glassing-1-7049473

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/woman-glassed-bracknell-pub-brawl-8425873

etc.....

Perhaps you have a short memory or don't read statistics.

"In the United Kingdom, there are more than 5,000 glassing attacks each year." Wiki.

and wiki is always correctwhatever.giflaugh.png

Shouldn't our Chief Minister be chairing our version of a Cobra meeting tomorrow morning.

I love the name Cobra makes it sound like it`s from Thunderbirds.

Cabinet Office Briefing Room A turns to Tynwald Office Superior Suite A.

Edited by Lxxx

I apologise, Lagman and Woody2, as the Wiki figures that I quoted are very inaccurate, as you pointed out. Are you happy to accept this then?

There are 80,000 glass and bottle attacks in the UK per year. That accounts for 4% of violent crime. (Source: House of Commons Library.)

I apologise, Lagman and Woody2, as the Wiki figures that I quoted are very inaccurate, as you pointed out. Are you happy to accept this then?

There are 80,000 glass and bottle attacks in the UK per year. That accounts for 4% of violent crime. (Source: House of Commons Library.)

Not sure why you are apologising to me but thanks.

Which "news" site is sensationalising the "hurt in burglary" fantasy, so that I can add it to my Fiction Bookmarks?

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/police-shed-light-on-female-assault-picture-posted-online/

http://www.manx.net/isle-of-man-news/69471/police-inquiries-continue-into-burglary-where-female-was-allegedly-assaulted

It was in one of the local papers aswell.

Cutting edge journalism to add to cutting edge policy then.

Yeah but the Facebook Police have solved another non crime, meanwhile in the real world more burgularies last night. Sadly the Police were all on Facebook chasing the sad fantasies of a bunch of chavs.

oh do tell.

I'm not telling. The point is though - is our supposedly horrendously short staffed Police force obliged to follow up on any old shite posted by dickheads on Facebook when it has real crimes to investigate? So some complete tit posts up some made up stuff on Facebook but doesnt report it as a crime to the Police. Regardless of this fact (ie. no crime has been reported to the Police by anyone) they then spend time tracking down the person just to see if a crime has been committed. It's mad. They literally must have sod all else to do. It's time the Police binned their Facebook page and their Twitter feed and just focussed on investigating real crime. You know, stuff that has actually happened. Not the online fantasies of complete numpties who should have their computers confiscated for their own good.

Just wait until the new equality laws come in,then we`ll see some waste of time and resources.

I`d rather have the facebook numpties on the internet than wandering the streets though.

• Like 2

1 in 800 people every year? kippers

Yeah but the Facebook Police have solved another non crime, meanwhile in the real world more burgularies last night. Sadly the Police were all on Facebook chasing the sad fantasies of a bunch of chavs.

Agreed. That Facebook group seems to be a hotbed of Walter Mitty fantasists.

What is all that "honour among criminals" post about? He says honour among criminals (to not snitch on each other) doesn't include rapists, burglars, etc. Which criminals does he think are honourable then? I can't think of any.

• Like 1

Lagman, I apologise for accidentally apologising to you.

PS. The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's alright with you.

• Like 1

At a time when the cost of our house and contents insurance is increasing at a pace that puts Eddie Teare's taxation boom to shame we, the general public, must do all that we can in our powers of observation to get these burglars apprehended. There are many more of us than police per square mile and many will have a clue to a solution that may still remain unrecognised.

Spot them and shop them!

PS. Even if you don't get burgled you'll now be robbed by the insurance companies to the tune of Merseyside or Manchester rates.

Lagman, I apologise for accidentally apologising to you.

PS. The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's alright with you.

Let`s get those meek bastards.

• Like 1

PS. Even if you don't get burgled you'll now be robbed by the insurance companies to the tune of Merseyside or Manchester rates.

A good point. Do you think the insurance companies might have got together and sent these people in to inflate the crime statistics so they could milk more profit out of the island?