Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

I love the way everyone assumes they are stealing for money for drugs or that they could be drugged up. They seem far to clever for that!

Smack heads are opportunist who wouldn't be on the rob night after night as they'd be too smacked off the proceeds for a while. Plus they'd make mistakes. This looks like it's had some decent planning, prior knowledge of the island and clearly somewhere safe to lie low during the day. Looks like organised crime as they've clearly given some thought on how to get rid of the stuff as well, otherwise why keep going and adding to the stash if you can't get huge amounts off the rock. Clearly we're dealing with experienced criminals who are making our village bobbies look like Dixon of Dock Green.

Edited by Lxxx

I still can't believe they are tourists. Where would they stay to stash all the loot? Why would they come here knowing we have the best crime clear up rate in the British Isles? Why would they come here incurring the cost and inconvenience of getting here and then the risk of getting the booty out? Why would they come here when there is such a restricted ground to operate in? Why would they come here when it is obvious all of the attention of the police would be on them? Why would they come here when there are easier pickings and far more to choose from in the UK, as well as the police over there having lots of other things to concern themselves with? It has to be locally based. Maybe recently arrived, but locally based. In any case skeet has it we don't have any tourists.

• Like 1

I still can't believe they are tourists. Where would they stay to stash all the loot? Why would they come here knowing we have the best crime clear up rate in the British Isles? Why would they come here incurring the cost and inconvenience of getting here and then the risk of getting the booty out? Why would they come here when there is such a restricted ground to operate in? Why would they come here when it is obvious all of the attention of the police would be on them? Why would they come here when there are easier pickings and far more to choose from in the UK, as well as the police over there having lots of other things to concern themselves with? It has to be locally based. Maybe recently arrived, but locally based. In any case skeet has it we don't have any tourists.

They come here clearly because of what we are seeing at the minute. We have an antiquated police force who have never had to deal with real criminals before so this is a walk in the park. Enlist a bit of local help and it's an easy shopping trip.

They come here clearly because of what we are seeing at the minute. We have an antiquated police force who have never had to deal with real criminals before so this is a walk in the park. Enlist a bit of local help and it's an easy shopping trip.

Yes but what about all the other problems? So many hang ups raiding a remote island. Totally bizarre idea. Plus, there are plenty of areas of the UK that see scarcely any police activity from one months end to the next. Guess we will know when they get caught.

ETA: Quite a few of our police are imports who have seen action in the real world.

Edited by woolley

Yes but what about all the other problems? So many hang ups raiding a remote island. Totally bizarre idea. Plus, there are plenty of areas of the UK that see scarcely any police activity from one months end to the next. Guess we will know when they get caught.

ETA: Quite a few of our police are imports who have seen action in the real world.

I know two retired senior officers who came here from across and they couldn't believe what they saw when they got here. Apparently it was like they had entered a time warp so is it any wonder our constabulary is being led by the nose round the island in this embarrassing fashion.

I get all your points about why here, but if they were local someone would have a clue by now and we'd have leads. I think it's more likely a joint effort between off island criminals and local scrotes.

• Like 1

Recently arrived would be my guess. But it could still be locals who have smartened up their act. As I said a few days back, to come here from the UK to do this would be like coming here to buy bread or to fill your petrol tank, i.e senseless.

I know two retired senior officers who came here from across and they couldn't believe what they saw when they got here. Apparently it was like they had entered a time warp so is it any wonder our constabulary is being led by the nose round the island in this embarrassing fashion.

I get all your points about why here, but if they were local someone would have a clue by now and we'd have leads. I think it's more likely a joint effort between off island criminals and local scrotes.

Whereas many of the police forces across would be sending out insurance claim forms instead of officers. Don't be fooled by what you see on TV fiction. The criminals have been getting away with it across, murder included, for decades. If it happened across, and it does daily, many of these reported break ins wouldn't even get a follow up visit from the police within the week.

• Like 4

Yes. I wonder what our secret is getting police from over there to turn out. If you actually live there when they do eventually turn up a fortnight later you'll get no more than a crime number for insurance and a doleful "We are unlikely to catch them." Brilliant. "Thanks for calling, Sherlock."

More likely they have borrowed extra vehicles to get more local officers mobile like they do at TT.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

I love the way everyone assumes they are stealing for money for drugs or that they could be drugged up. They seem far to clever for that!

Smack heads are opportunist who wouldn't be on the rob night after night as they'd be too smacked off the proceeds for a while. Plus they'd make mistakes. This looks like it's had some decent planning, prior knowledge of the island and clearly somewhere safe to lie low during the day. Looks like organised crime as they've clearly given some thought on how to get rid of the stuff as well, otherwise why keep going and adding to the stash if you can't get huge amounts off the rock. Clearly we're dealing with experienced criminals who are making our village bobbies look like Dixon of Dock Green.

Quite right. Could it be Manx Gas?

• Like 1

there are plenty of areas of the UK that see scarcely any police activity from one months end to the next.

name one?

Large swathes of East Anglia, Northern Scotland. Even rural areas of Home Counties. Plenty of rural areas feel abandoned and don't even bother to report crime except where they need an insurance reference. Try getting them to turn out to an ongoing crime pretty much anywhere and see how long you wait. At least here they will investigate all crime.

• Like 1

there are plenty of areas of the UK that see scarcely any police activity from one months end to the next.

name one?

Large swathes of East Anglia, Northern Scotland. Even rural areas of Home Counties. Plenty of rural areas feel abandoned and don't even bother to report crime except where they need an insurance reference. Try getting them to turn out to an ongoing crime pretty much anywhere and see how long you wait. At least here they will investigate all crime.

nope