Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

I think parts of Facebook illustrate why everything the police do is so easy to those who have never been involved, one thing is for certain lack of staff will be playing a part in what the force can throw at this !

Not necessarily. We're not dealing with a mass invasion from air, sea and land. We're dealing with a group of burglars and for this they are dragging in all staff working flat out as well as specials and members of the public (plus probably recently retired officers on an informal basis) helping out in neighbourhood watch schemes. That's some number on a small island. It really shouldn't be that difficult as this has been going on since November but has stepped up in earnest after xmas. It's getting into the realms of ridiculous now with them robbing at will, outrunning police patrols and sticking two fingers up when being chased. What is has done is not only highlight a perceived lack or resources but also that the quality of policing maybe needs looking at as well as quantity.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

It's difficult to believe that they haven't been caught by now, and it begs the question about the quality of policing on the Island.

The scrotes are just leading the Police by the nose and on a merry dance.

Could the Police catch a cold, let alone a burglar?

It's difficult to believe that they haven't been caught by now, and it begs the question about the quality of policing on the Island.

For Christ's sake, at least here we EXPECT them to catch them and no doubt they soon will. If it was the UK we wouldn't be holding our breath.

• Like 3

Why would you want any information about here seeing as you hate the place so much?

because he gets pleasure from the misfortune of others and he needs to congratulate himself on being jolly clever (whereas in reality he's had a bit of luck) in making a few quid and wants to believe that he made the right choice in leaving the island perhaps?biggrin.png

For Christ's sake, at least here we EXPECT them to catch them and no doubt they soon will. If it was the UK we wouldn't be holding our breath.

I hope you're right but I'm as surprised as anyone that it has taken so long, given that the Island is so small.

I admire your confidence and I mostly agree with a lot of your sentiments but on this one I'm not too sure.

I almost find it comforting that the Police are having trouble tracking these criminals down.

It shows we are not perhaps living in the Police State that we keep thinking we are. It also shows how fallible the system is unfortunately, and can understand the desperation of Police Officers in trying to secure an arrest on very flimsy evidence. They have to suspect everyone and this can lead to all sorts of misunderstandings.

I think that someone will have suspicions by now as to who is perpetrating these crimes. Perhaps we should all be more vigilant and helpful....maybe a well placed bear trap in the back yard?

Has anybody thought to ask George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad pitt et al where they were on these occasions?

• Like 1

It's particularly irritating that somebody out there must know where these people are living and sleeping, whether they realise it or not

Hotel, guest house and self-catering establishments, camper vans, vans, wagons, railway carriages, registered or unregistered homestays, private or public housing rentals, with friends or fellow criminals, farms, barns, derelicts, unoccupied houses, flats, public buildings, commercial premises.

Please add to the list any potential accommodation ideas.

Some members of the public must have answers.