Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

It's difficult to believe that they haven't been caught by now, and it begs the question about the quality of policing on the Island.

The scrotes are just leading the Police by the nose and on a merry dance.

Could the Police catch a cold, let alone a burglar?

For Christ's sake, at least here we EXPECT them to catch them and no doubt they soon will. If it was the UK we wouldn't be holding our breath.
another unfounded claim

I know it's from the DM but it is true.

Burglary: now police give up

By JO BUTLER, Daily Mail

Police made the astonishing admission yesterday that they have given up even trying to catch thousands of burglars.

Just days after the Lord Chancellor Lord Irvine insisted that the public don't want to see many house-breakers jailed, officers have been told not to bother investigating many offences.

The revelation follows an alarming rise in the crime figures, with burglaries up eight per cent in a year to 447,100.

And it comes as Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith begins an all-out attack on the Government's crime-fighting record.

The decision not to pursue thousands of crimes emerges in guidelines drawn up by the Metropolitan Police and seen by the Daily Mail.

Similar measures have been adopted by other forces in an effort to make shrinking resources go further.

Officers have been told that only the most serious crimes, such as rape, child abduction and murder, should be investigated automatically.

In other cases, investigations will be launched only if it is "deemed solvable using proportionate resources".

That means there must be clear evidence pointing towards a suspect such as DNA traces, fingerprints or a possible identity, which makes an arrest likely.

In other cases, unless there are "special factors" - such as an elderly victim or if it is a repeat attack - no effort will be made to track down the criminal.

It means a huge number of cases of robbery, violent crime, car crime, sex offences - all of which saw rises in the latest crime figures - as well as burglary, will be left to gather dust

What happens in the UK follows in the Isle of Man eventually, sure as night follows day.

True but, we can (but usually choose not to) change some of our laws, but they won`t make a switch from UK law without pressure being put on them. The recent crime wave might end up as something good, we could get something similar to US law(maybe not guns,but maybe) where if a burglar gets killed it doesn`t matter, the householder will be protected under the law, making us less off a target, when they become aware they could get legally executed.

Maybe look at our stupid immigration policy aswell, if and when they get caught, if it is just a scouse UK gang I `m not sure what we could do about that.But if it is known UK criminals who moved and live here we could have better checks and stop known criminals from living here.If it`s eastern european or whatever types who moved here (thanks to Dandara,Bell,Shimmin ect.) we might be able to tidy that up aswell. - The residency act is still an option mainly being held in reserve for overpopulation problems but it does have royal accent so we could use it to stop the big influx of peope from anywhere that don`t seem to be getting checked properly for criminal record, and if they can`t come up with any proof of past they can`t come here.

Edited by Lagman
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

The ranting has kicked off again on FB because a local has been stopped by the police.

The Victorians must have been right judging by the range of lunatic posts on Isle of Man Breakins.

To be fair this is a new and unpleasant experience for us so don`t know how to react,

although I thought that comment was stupid, how do these people expect the police to catch them out and about or going for the boat if people aren`t stopped,they mingle in that`s what they do.

My favourite IOM Breakins FB sleuth from tonight (although the Mormons do deserve it): smile.png

2 men going round Colby black trousers and dark coats carrying a book each. Tried phoning Police headquarters at 4-25pm with no answer I know they are busy but thought someone would be answering phone. None of my neighbours answered their doors.

Just got though and they think that they are mormons.

• Like 6

It's all kicking off, manhunt style on the IOM Constabulary page:

"We are currently dealing with an attempted burglary in the Vicarage Park area of Douglas. The offender has made off and there is a lot of Policeactivitiy in the area.

Officers are currenlty checking vehicles and pedestrians in and around Vicarage Park and this is having an impact on the normal flow of traffic.

Please stick with us while we do this."

Some cracking comments there, particularly like the chap advising the police to check the fields and the footpaths. I bet they never thought of that!

• Like 1

My favourite IOM Breakins FB sleuth from tonight (although the Mormons do deserve it): :)

2 men going round Colby black trousers and dark coats carrying a book each. Tried phoning Police headquarters at 4-25pm with no answer I know they are busy but thought someone would be answering phone. None of my neighbours answered their doors.

Just got though and they think that they are mormons.

Morons shopping Mormons.

• Like 3

The ranting has kicked off again on FB because a local has been stopped by the police.

The Victorians must have been right judging by the range of lunatic posts on Isle of Man Breakins.

Was just reading through the latest postings on that site they are hilarious. The police should arrest half of them. Lots of talk about drones and helicopters today which the cops have responded to and rightly pointed out the stupidity behind the posts.

I wonder if a Eugenics Act has royal assent and is in reserve for times like this?