Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

My money's on the burglar having a grudge against the IOM police. Fired copper or something like that. Or someone who believes they were banged up on false pretences.

That should narrow it down.

My money's on the burglar having a grudge against the IOM police. Fired copper or something like that. Or someone who believes they were banged up on false pretences.

That should narrow it down.

Because Burglars are well known to be fans of the police ? What are the Cornish crime levels like ?

So the burglars are going for small items of jewellery, gold etc and possibly plan to sneak it via vehicle to the UK.

Possible solution: Just stick someone on the ferry or terminal who has a Garrett ATX metal detector and any gold will be easily detected.

Too many people have become victims and we really can't let this extreme burglary outrage to become the norm.

• Like 1

Just stick someone on the ferry or terminal who has a Garrett ATX metal detector and any gold will be easily detected.

Not if it was bought from Ratner's

lol, I remember that and he must have regretted it financially. (one link)

That apart Lisenchuk, that particular metal detector is massively successful by some reports I've seen and can find Gold up to 10 feet away.

If the Gold is hid away in the many cunning places on a vehicle, then this detector would find it.

Basically, I just don't want burglars to get away with peoples possessions/heirlooms and for those who have insurance on their property or items, I also don't want our insurance premiums raised because of them.

Edited by manxy

Just stick someone on the ferry or terminal who has a Garrett ATX metal detector and any gold will be easily detected.

That apart Lisenchuk, that particular metal detector is massively successful by some reports I've seen and can find Gold up to 10 feet away.

If the Gold is hid away in the many cunning places on a vehicle, then this detector would find it.

Basically, I just don't want burglars to get away with peoples possessions/heirlooms and for those who have insurance on their property or items, I also don't want our insurance premiums raised because of them.

Won't it also detect that other metal thing, you know... the car.

Won't it also detect that other metal thing, you know... the car.

If a person knows nothing about metal detectors, then go and buy a cheap and nasty metal detector and have great fun pulling tin cans and whatever else from the ground.

If a person understands that metals give off different frequencies and various detectors can tune into specific metals like gold only, then the car won't be an issue.

Thank you

Edited by manxy
  • Like 1