Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

If a person knows nothing about metal detectors, then go and buy a cheap and nasty metal detector and have great fun pulling tin cans and whatever else from the ground.

If a person understands that metals give off different frequencies and various detectors can tune into specific metals like gold only, then the car won't be an issue.

Thank you

Alright Indiana Jones, keep your knickers on. I still don't believe you.

Show me some information that this metal detector can find some gold jewellery hidden deep in an engine bay of a car on a big metal ship. Not a different frequency in the ground (we all know that), through a car.

Thank you.

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

If a person knows nothing about metal detectors, then go and buy a cheap and nasty metal detector and have great fun pulling tin cans and whatever else from the ground.

If a person understands that metals give off different frequencies and various detectors can tune into specific metals like gold only, then the car won't be an issue.

Thank you

Alright Indiana Jones, keep your knickers on. I still don't believe you.

Show me some information that this metal detector can find some gold jewellery hidden deep in an engine bay of a car on a big metal ship. Not a different frequency in the ground (we all know that), through a car.

Thank you.

Issue the police with X-Ray goggles so they can see through the hull of the ferry.......Simples,innit.

At a time, 07.30 today, when the whole Island (well me at any rate) waits with bated breath to hear a news update of the overnight break-ins and manhunts, it was reassuring to hear on Manx Radio..........NOTHING!........but there will be a very nice push bike event at Milntown in 18 months time. News???

• Like 1

Have to laugh, lastest post on the Police Farcebook page is that they'll be holding a 'Crime Prevention Surgery' (whatever that is)

As copied from Farcebook page

Douglas officers are holding a Crime Prevention Surgery at the Strand Shopping Centre on Saturday 24th January 2015 between 12 noon and 2pm. Officers will be there to specifically answer any questions or concerns in relation to the recent burglaries on the Island. Also present will be a local locksmith company who will be advising on the best security measures for doors and windows.

Wonder if the burglars will attend? could give them a useful insight into how to get around these additional security measures.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now and the risk of course is that the burglars will just stop, leaving the police clueless as to who it was. Very strange to see the burglars play such a risky game of cops and robbers. Any career crims from the UK or furthetlr afield probably wouldn't do that if they were here for a holiday crime spree. Seeing as they keep escaping, one might think local knowledge is involved.

• Like 2

Maybe it's about time that the Police closed off their media page to comments? This morning's burglaries update has been hijacked by the absolute idiots from the breakins group. They not only soil their own bed but have moved elsewhere too now.

I think that they must play war games all night or something. Looking at the pages of some of these people can be quite disturbing.These angry and aggressive people are walking around like normal people. Scary. As if we didn't have enough to worry about.

• Like 2

another closed group on headache, what has carl douglas and avon saleswoman got to fear.............

On the upside, now that Breakins is a closed group, it removes another source of timewasting from my dialy routine.

Go on, join it. You know you want to.