Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

Apparently there has been another break in tonight, in Laxey, and the Police have confirmed three more last night and there were two on Monday night

So that will be 17 since Friday - WTF is going on here??

I'm not of the nervous variety, in fact, despite living on my own in the middle of no where, last night was the first time in my adult life I have ever locked the door when I am in....... think I might take the poker to bed with me tonight!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

I intensely dislike it when I hear of other people's lives being affected by those who choose to loosely rape other people of their possessions. They don't care if the person is insured or who knows, has dying relations etc and fingers point to people from across.

Where does the goods go?

I'd like to think that the persons responsible are caught and if they are, then I'd expect a more lengthier sentence than the UK, to show that the island does not stand for people who have no thoughts to our way of life. Which knob will say something silly now?

• Like 6

Surely this has to be a professional gang from another Island, as the Police will know all the local people who have been involved in burglary before, as the break in couldn't be by first time burglars, its obviously to well organized surely.

Well what this does very easily show up, is that when you have cut the number of coppers to the bone, when an incident like this occurs, there is no spare capacity available to deploy on getting the culprits, this is an incident where man power is really essential.

Well Juan Watterson what is your response to this, you cant turn around and say the Chief Constable had raised his very serious concerns when you were making him reduce the number of Officers he could have?

• Like 5

Surely this has to be a professional gang from another Island, as the Police will know all the local people who have been involved in burglary before, as the break in couldn't be by first time burglars, its obviously to well organized surely.

Well what this does very easily show up, is that when you have cut the number of coppers to the bone, when an incident like this occurs, there is no spare capacity available to deploy on getting the culprits, this is an incident where man power is really essential.

Well Juan Watterson what is your response to this, you cant turn around and say the Chief Constable had raised his very serious concerns when you were making him reduce the number of Officers he could have?

I agree with the above being likely up to a point. The reduction in funding for the Constabulary (and the number cuts) is a direct consequence of the cuts in the budget inflicted by the CM and ET.

It is also debatable whether the previous staffing levels could have made any better progress in solving this unusual spate of burglaries.

• Like 3

Apparently there has been another break in tonight, in Laxey, and the Police have confirmed three more last night and there were two on Monday night

So that will be 17 since Friday - WTF is going on here??

17 within a week is a staggering number, I thought after the first few it was just a chancer but I'm clearly wrong, its a big setup, stealing stuff is easy, trying to shift it without being traced is the hard part, where is it all going? storage units? shipping containers?, private fishing vessels?

• Like 1

What's going on here? My guess would be some sort of recession in the 8th wealthiest country in the world..

That would explain the odd burglary by disaffected locals, not the prolific nature we are seeing at the moment. Clearly experienced criminals have heard about the relatively easy pickings on the island and planned a shopping trip.

• Like 5

What's going on here? My guess would be some sort of recession in the 8th wealthiest country in the world..

That would explain the odd burglary by disaffected locals, not the prolific nature we are seeing at the moment. Clearly experienced criminals have heard about the relatively easy pickings on the island and planned a shopping trip.

Easier pickings at the weekends when the police are fully occupied dealing with all the alcohol related crime etc?

• Like 1

I agree with the above being likely up to a point. The reduction in funding for the Constabulary (and the number cuts) is a direct consequence of the cuts in the budget inflicted by the CM and ET.

It is also debatable whether the previous staffing levels could have made any better progress in solving this unusual spate of burglaries.

they should cease prosecuting people for £1.59 worth of weed NOW. how much of our "esteemed" constabularies time is wasted pursuing a victimless crime

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/12/1262168/-Marijuana-A-Victimless-Crime-with-a-Victimized-Past#

Easier pickings at the weekends when the police are fully occupied dealing with all the alcohol related crime etc?

and a few weed users,what a fucking waste of police detectives time ffs these people want to get real.

• Like 1

Its horrible to see this has become a whole cat and mouse game, too many mice and not enough cats.

there are still plenty of "cats" they are just used for the wrong purposes!

Wrong purposes? its their job to protect and serve the community regardless of what crime is or has been committed, these burglars are running rings around the police and its nothing short of embarrassing. These criminals saw an opportunity and took it. Hopefully when the crime figures are released next year they'll rethink their decision to cut the Police force.

• Like 1

Yes but what a pain - and expensive. Have to come to an Island in the middle of the sea and ship the goods out which is a risky enterprise too. I don't subscribe to that theory. It's locally based.

• Like 3