Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

Maybe he had a Romainian reg number.

Or maybe he was a friend of Tame Elf and his reg No. was 1 ROMAINIAN

Through my job, I meet Romainians, Poles, Latvians, Bulgarians and a few other races. I cannot tell the difference between the accents and I very much doubt that many people can.

I have come across people here who cant differentiate between the Scots and the Welsh.

I think its fair to say some people need to explore beyond the point of ayre before they turn 30.

If I try to do a Welsh accent it sounds like someone from the Wales/India border.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

To pongo, if he also done the phone part, then yes.

What do you find especially suspicious about him being on the telephone ?

We assume he was on the telephone in a particularly idiosyncratic way indicative of a native Romanian. But only a trained Romanian spotter would observe that. Either that or an irrationally stupid and xenophobic Manx person who saw some bloke with a funny accent on the phone outside their house and shat their pants about being burgled by foreigners because they have spoken to other idiots on Facebook who have wound them up. The only people who burgle in the Isle of Man are obviously foreign and generally hail from Romania and drive vans whilst on the phone.

Hooked, caught and brought in.

Too easy

Do you know what a Romanian person sounds like?

You sound exactly like a piece of crap who doesn't know whether to shit out of your arse or your gob. Simple twat!

Wow, you clearly are exactly the type of idiot spreading this mass paranoia.

You never answered my question did you?Do you know what a Romanian person sounds like?

Define paranoia

Paranoia is a word that is defined in the dictionary. It does not need any additional definition as it is a word in common usage. We ask again what brought you to believe this gentleman was Romanian just by looking at his beard through the window of a 4 x 4? That is some skill you appear to possess. The UK Home Offfice should snap you up if you can accurately spot the full ethnic background of a person through a car window.

Take your dark glasses off, engage brain, don't try and multi-task and read what was said before - The clue is in the writing!

Husband flew out and asked the driver if he was looking for somewhere and the facial haired Romanian guy said he was looking for Bousefield? (not known by me) whilst speaking on the phone and left.

Now then Sherlock, it would appear that he spoke to the person, you know - 'the talk thing' and he spoke back. Now accents can be strange, but a brummy, geordie, irishman, welshman, Scotsman, Londoner have distinct sounds and so do Romanians, but to ease your pain and by crikey you need your pain eased as it sounds as if you've got enough stuff floating about in your head as it is, we'll call them Eastern Europeans.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=225852541&privcapId=109320037&previousCapId=109320037&previousTitle=Praxis%20Holdings%20Limited/

• Like 1

Take your dark glasses off, engage brain, don't try and multi-task and read what was said before - The clue is in the writing!

Husband flew out and asked the driver if he was looking for somewhere and the facial haired Romanian guy said he was looking for Bousefield? (not known by me) whilst speaking on the phone and left.

Now then Sherlock, it would appear that he spoke to the person, you know - 'the talk thing' and he spoke back. Now accents can be strange, but a brummy, geordie, irishman, welshman, Scotsman, Londoner have distinct sounds and so do Romanians, but to ease your pain and by crikey you need your pain eased as it sounds as if you've got enough stuff floating about in your head as it is, we'll call them Eastern Europeans.

You should have grabbed your Turbo3000 metal detector and checked his car for any hidden gold.

• Like 3

What do you find especially suspicious about him being on the telephone ?

We assume he was on the telephone in a particularly idiosyncratic way indicative of a native Romanian. But only a trained Romanian spotter would observe that. Either that or an irrationally stupid and xenophobic Manx person who saw some bloke with a funny accent on the phone outside their house and shat their pants about being burgled by foreigners because they have spoken to other idiots on Facebook who have wound them up. The only people who burgle in the Isle of Man are obviously foreign and generally hail from Romania and drive vans whilst on the phone.

Hooked, caught and brought in.

Too easy

Quite what are you alluding too? That you are not being xenophobic or a bit daft for assuming every foreign person outside your house is naturally a burglar?

in the interests of racial equality can we not just call these people foreigners? if they turn out to be manx born they obviously foreign radicalised manxpersons

Where are we sending these "Radicalised Manxpersons" for training? I mean, we do have certain villages that look like warzones, but they can sense when someone who's not "One of their own" arrives......

Castletown?

• Like 1

If it had been a p.o.s.h. English person turning their 4x4 in your drive would you have reported them too Manxy ?

Liberal alert......liberal alert.......

I think you can get a degree in xenophobia spotting nowadays. Guarantee you a really good job at the BBC or higher reaches of the government.

• Like 1

"...next week in the House of Keys, Onchan MHK Peter Karran will ask Home Affairs Minister Juan Watterson what the reasons are behind the increase in burglaries."

...er...what a dick you can be Peter.

He's a star isn't he. Distant and only visible when the lights are out.

• Like 1