Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

Just read on a friends facebook profile, that his girlfriend was attacked, there was knock on the door, she answered, and then she was beaten up by a stranger, leaving her needing stitches in her chin, possibly fractured wrist, and a sore and swollen face. attack was last night 10pm

It is stated that there is no knowledge whether this has any connection with the current spate of burglaries.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Even if the two are not connected at all, there is bound to be some attached hysteria when the news starts to spread.

Was this by someone unknown to her lao?

the message says it was a stranger to her, a man, and it state he beat her up and ran, so while it doesn't explicitly say whether or not anything was taken, the omission of saying anything was and the wording leads me to believe that he ran off right after the attack without taking anything.

the message says it was a stranger to her, a man, and it state he beat her up and ran, so while it doesn't explicitly say whether or not anything was taken, the omission of saying anything was and the wording leads me to believe that he ran off right after the attack without taking anything.

Just read that on the constabulary page, can you find out if she got a description and does it match the one the girl had at the attempted break in with the stocky scouser in the hat.

Just read that on the constabulary page, can you find out if she got a description and does it match the one the girl had at the attempted break in with the stocky scouser in the hat.

There does seem to be a worrying amount the police are not putting out, seemingly more concerned about wrapping up cases than protecting the public in the first place.

Im not going to intrude on them at this time, by playing amateur detective, if they share anything else i will come back to the thread and mention it, otherwise i will leave them to it.

Lagman, did a bloke from Liverpool once steal your girlfriend/ wife/ pet? You do seem to have an unhealthy dislike for people from the Liverpool area.

No, I`ve never had any problems with scousers, but I don`t think the police are releasing some information, the girl I`ve mentioned before had an attempted beak in (which was confirmed by the police - an attempted burglary - the correct girl) with someone battering down the door.On the breakins page - the same girl went on to say - that she opened the door and talked to them. they said something about looking for someone else and talked in scouse accents before getting in the car with some others and zooming off. - Why haven`t the police released the information so we know what we are looking for?

To pongo, if he also done the phone part, then yes.

What do you find especially suspicious about him being on the telephone ?

We assume he was on the telephone in a particularly idiosyncratic way indicative of a native Romanian. But only a trained Romanian spotter would observe that. Either that or an irrationally stupid and xenophobic Manx person who saw some bloke with a funny accent on the phone outside their house and shat their pants about being burgled by foreigners because they have spoken to other idiots on Facebook who have wound them up. The only people who burgle in the Isle of Man are obviously foreign and generally hail from Romania and drive vans whilst on the phone.

Hooked, caught and brought in.

Too easy

Quite what are you alluding too? That you are not being xenophobic or a bit daft for assuming every foreign person outside your house is naturally a burglar?

Who cares?

You're a twat, couldn't care about who you write about and probably take drugs to make you feel good.

Lots of people care. The Island used to be a tolerant place and now just because of a few break-ins the default position of the unintelligent Facebook masses is to assume that it can't possibky be Manx people doing this. It must be dirty foreigners of course. That is the only explanation. All those swathy Romanian types in their 4 x 4 vehicles roaming the Manx countryside like gypsy hoards picking on you poor hard working Manx people. Offering you a sprig of lucky heather one minute smiling toothless behind their stereotypical Romanian beard, and then jemmying through your back door in the other. They're all the same: we are under seige. It's very sad people like you appear to be so insular and unintelligent that this is the sort of idiotic paranoia that you choose to peddle to everyone else. Sadly there are hundreds of equally backward people you can offload your ignorance and paranoia to online to fuel your own insular little world.

You might be correct about there being Millions of backward people about, but then again, you'd know about that being backward yourself.

Lets take your comment apart though.

You say 'Just because of a few break-ins' How thoughtless can anyone get! It's not just a few though, is it and there's peoples lives that are being violated because of those scum.

Just a question before I go on any further - do you think the burglars are scum?

Why on earth are you mentioning dirty foreigners, swathy Romanian types, gypsy hoards and other comments labelling them as bad people? Do you have evidence to support your theory over here?

You mentioned about people having paranoia and you'd better believe it dumb ass, as people are scared, people now lock their cars and doors, so things have changed on the island and when caught, I hope they get locked up for over 10 years because of the damage it's done to the people of the island.

• Like 1

If the police don't release information, I imagine that they have a perfectly valid reason for not doing so. The breakins people need to calm down. I can almost visualise some of them like Rambo and all camouflaged up and waiting for the call.

Latest advice is on there is if you can't get through to the police on their 631212 number, pm admin huh.png