Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

Just read on a friends facebook profile, that his girlfriend was attacked, there was knock on the door, she answered, and then she was beaten up by a stranger, leaving her needing stitches in her chin, possibly fractured wrist, and a sore and swollen face. attack was last night 10pm

It is stated that there is no knowledge whether this has any connection with the current spate of burglaries.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Even if the two are not connected at all, there is bound to be some attached hysteria when the news starts to spread.

I'd be astonished if it was a random attack. Those things just don't happen in the roughest parts across. Mugged in the street maybe, random drunken unprovoked attack outside a pub but not on your own doorstep. Makes no sense.

Ofcourse it was them - did the knock, did a runner although seemed to have upped the unpleasantness , why aren`t police telling people this and why have they removed the comment from facebook? -

Also why are they claiming no activity last night when people seem to have reported attempts and burglaries? -

What`s going on?

First of all how do you know it was the burglar? the reason the comment was removed was most likely that in the case someone is found and charged with the crime then there won't be any comeback in regards to prosecutions being jeprodised.

Secondly perhaps the people claiming to have been burgled actually haven't or if they have the post may have been put out before anything was reported in.

Why after putting out so much information would the police all of a sudden start covering things up what would they have to gain by it?

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 1

Why did latter day saint (MORmON) Lexy Cailin change the group settings to closed and then delete loads of people off the group, such as me even though I never even posted anything. How am I supposed to keep my worried eldery relatives updated???

Edited by Tommy *Gun* Lansky

I've read a post stating that Mr B's Sandwich Shop in Ramsey was broken into last night. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, please list any recent breakins on here, preferably confirmed rather than rumoured, so that our readers can be updated regularly and remain aware.

Why did latter day saint (MORmON) Lexy Cailin change the group settings to closed and then delete loads of people off the group, such as me even though I never even posted anything. How am I supposed to keep my worried eldery relatives updated???

Wouldn't set any credence on most of the nonsense on there anyway. No loss.

• Like 1

I've read a post stating that Mr B's Sandwich Shop in Ramsey was broken into last night. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, please list any recent breakins on here, preferably confirmed rather than rumoured, so that our readers can be updated regularly and remain aware.

If this becomes a version of iom breakins, I'm flouncing.

• Like 2

Surely there's not much dough in there at night?

Ba-dum tss!

Albert is here all week, try the veal.

If it was then it is unlikely to have anything to do with the house burglaries around the island, it's more the sort of thing we have come to expect over the years - commercial premises, at night, probably just after the contents of the till or a few bags of crisps.

No reports for a couple of days - have they gone to ground for a while?

If it was then it is unlikely to have anything to do with the house burglaries around the island, it's more the sort of thing we have come to expect over the years - commercial premises, at night, probably just after the contents of the till or a few bags of crisps.

No reports for a couple of days - have they gone to ground for a while?

Was up there this morning. Just looks like someone's put the window through.