Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

Why did latter day saint (MORmON) Lexy Cailin change the group settings to closed and then delete loads of people off the group, such as me even though I never even posted anything. How am I supposed to keep my worried eldery relatives updated???

Keep them worried you mean?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

so there was no activity on thursday night from the burglars, but there was confirmed sightings of religious door-to-door types out doing their thing, perhaps this is just a new strategy for recruitment, they go out and do a load of burglaries, take a day off and see if the people are scared enough to try god as a solution, so out they go on thursday night door to door to see if it has worked, then after having the same usual amount of doors slammed in their face, they realise the people are not yet terrified, and go back to more burglaries.

Their new slogan "come to church, if you don't want the burglaries to continue!"

also 36 burglaries out of an island with approximately 36000 homes means that 0.1% of the islands homes have been hit. that might not have much impact on overall crime statistics but having a 1 in 1000 chance of being burgled is not insignificant.

I've read a post stating that Mr B's Sandwich Shop in Ramsey was broken into last night. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, please list any recent breakins on here, preferably confirmed rather than rumoured, so that our readers can be updated regularly and remain aware.

If this becomes a version of iom breakins, I'm flouncing.

No chance of that........our spelling's too poor.

Just read on a friends facebook profile, that his girlfriend was attacked, there was knock on the door, she answered, and then she was beaten up by a stranger, leaving her needing stitches in her chin, possibly fractured wrist, and a sore and swollen face. attack was last night 10pm

It is stated that there is no knowledge whether this has any connection with the current spate of burglaries.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Even if the two are not connected at all, there is bound to be some attached hysteria when the news starts to spread.

I was told today about a piss head who came home drunk, fell and bashed her chin and hurt her arm.....

• Like 2

Just a point, do the police have any attack dogs, not the cuddly ones who sniff for drugs, they would certainly catch the ones doing this if the police set them loose, better that running after them

Just read on a friends facebook profile, that his girlfriend was attacked, there was knock on the door, she answered, and then she was beaten up by a stranger, leaving her needing stitches in her chin, possibly fractured wrist, and a sore and swollen face. attack was last night 10pm

It is stated that there is no knowledge whether this has any connection with the current spate of burglaries.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Even if the two are not connected at all, there is bound to be some attached hysteria when the news starts to spread.

I was told today about a piss head who came home drunk, fell and bashed her chin and hurt her arm.....

could be the same incident, they could have been just trying to cover up their own embarrassment, i'm not close with them, and wouldn't know if it is likely, all i know is that the boyfriend was up in arms about the lack of police reporting it as he mentioned it on facebook and on the police's media page, so if things aren't as they seem with her story, i don't think he was in on the lie.

Just a point, do the police have any attack dogs, not the cuddly ones who sniff for drugs, they would certainly catch the ones doing this if the police set them loose, better that running after them

http://www.gov.im/categories/home-and-neighbourhood/emergency-services/police/police-support-services/police-dog-unit/

I think Lao that the matter hadn't been reported to the police at all and they only became aware of it after the FB piccies. The young lady concerned has some "issues" and while it isn't clear how she got injured, it wasn't as a result of a break in. There's been talk of a drink related incident in a nightclub. Her FB profile has been taken down since.

There was a statement made by the police pointing out that the first they knew of this young woman's injuries, was when they saw it on facebook. So it seems that an official report hadn't been made.

Fossils, why are you asking to have everything posted on here? Someone was asking the same thing on the break-in page. You, maybe?

But if you want to know the facts, go to the police page. If you're not worried about facts, go to the break-ins page.

• Like 1