Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

People are scared, some do not want to go out of their doors and hopefully the burglar scum get caught and are sent down. That would be a lovely start to the day as I dislike all criminal bastards and especially those who thieve from the people and unsettle the goodness of the island. Does anyone think different?

Yeah I like Bank Robbers or diamond heists. You know nice ones like the Italian job or David Niven in the Pink Panther.

I like make believe as well

Ok Manxy. Do you know of one person who has been robbed in the last month? Not something you have read on Facebook, or someone who heard a bump at their door and alerted Interpol, or a friend of a friend who has vaguely said something on social media about a friend being robbed. But some person you directly know who has suffered a loss of property as a result of a robbery that has happened since Christmas?

Edited by Wankleaks

Stupid people are scared. Nobody else is frankly that interested because they don't live their lives by the scaremongering semi lucid Facebook ramblings of a bunch of chavs and bored housewives with f##k all else to do with their time.

I think you'll find there is a very real increased threat of burglary at the moment so people are right to be concerned but I do agree that Facebook group is a great big pile of wank.

We did a quick poll the other day of several work groups of people. Not one person knew an actual person who had been robbed or who had anything stolen. Lots recounted things they had read on the Internet about these thefts to the point that they felt intimately connected to these 'robberies'. Some talked of vague friends of friends being affected. Yet not one person knew an actual person who had been robbed. Some had heard of attempted robberies: but at the moment it seems that any bang in the door, errant gust of wind banging your window shut, or car misfire outside results in an attempted break in report. To many muppets like Manxy around reading stuff and believing the general hysteria building up about very little indeed.

Oh pinocchio strikes again through the frosted spectacles and who lives in a make believe world where nothing happens

You really are a jerk and these events are happing in real life with real people by real scumbags.

You never said that burglars are scumbags and this makes me think that you're more akin to them than meets the eye.

It's up to you wankleaks - do you think burglars are scumbags or not?

People are scared, some do not want to go out of their doors and hopefully the burglar scum get caught and are sent down. That would be a lovely start to the day as I dislike all criminal bastards and especially those who thieve from the people and unsettle the goodness of the island. Does anyone think different?

Yeah I like Bank Robbers or diamond heists. You know nice ones like the Italian job or David Niven in the Pink Panther.

Ok Manxy. Do you know of one person who has been robbed in the last month? Not something you have read on Facebook, or someone who heard a bump at their door and alerted Interpol, or a friend of a friend who has vaguely said something on social media about a friend being robbed. But some person you directly know who has suffered a loss or property as a result of a robbery that has happened since Christmas?

I therefore gather that you're disproving the evidence of the Police? Are you?

Do you seriously think that the Police are making this up? Do you?

There was a statement made by the police pointing out that the first they knew of this young woman's injuries, was when they saw it on facebook. So it seems that an official report hadn't been made.

Fossils, why are you asking to have everything posted on here? Someone was asking the same thing on the break-in page. You, maybe?

But if you want to know the facts, go to the police page. If you're not worried about facts, go to the break-ins page.

This is what I posted above:

"Also, please list any recent breakins on here, preferably confirmed rather than rumoured, so that our readers can be updated regularly and remain aware."

The Breakins FB page is frequented by too many fantasists and it takes too long to sort out fact from fiction. The Constabulary updates do not always appear as the incidents are taking place. My request was not for a list and details of all incidents and I have not posted anything on the FB page.

I for one would like to get a tip off here if something is going on round the corner from me or in the same area, and the chances of accurate sightings or descriptions could be increased. Every little helps.

I do yes. Prove to me the police are not making it up and it's all a big hoax. The facebook group is run by police with thousands of multiple accounts acting as muppets, to trick you.

• Like 1

Ok Manxy. Do you know of one person who has been robbed in the last month? Not something you have read on Facebook, or someone who heard a bump at their door and alerted Interpol, or a friend of a friend who has vaguely said something on social media about a friend being robbed. But some person you directly know who has suffered a loss or property as a result of a robbery that has happened since Christmas?

From your response we assume the answer to our question is 'no' so why don't you just shut up and stop fuelling other people's paranoid with more rubbish.

Edited by Wankleaks

That's your prerogative and since you must feel quite angry about this alleged hoax, then it's only correct that you follow this up and report this. have you?

You have admitted (by default) that you don't directly know anyone who has been robbed at all. All you know you have read from the Internet. Yet you go round banging on Romanians windows who are parked outside your house, and you are convinced we are in the midst of a crime wave to the point you are spreading paranoia about it: although you have not been directly affected and neither has anyone you know. You are not particularly bright are you? If you read on Facebook that the aliens had landed would you take to your cellar?

Edited by Wankleaks

From your response we assume the answer to our question is 'no' so why don't you just shut the f##k up and stop fuelling other people's paranoid with more rubbish.

Yet for all your bluster, all your shite talk, you won't answer a simple and straightforward question will you? Why is that?

People may be guessing that there's something untoward about you, but forget that, let's get straight to the question if you can be so honest?

do you think burglars are scumbags or not?

That's your prerogative and since you must feel quite angry about this alleged hoax, then it's only correct that you follow this up and report this. have you?

No I'm in on the hoax too.

I'm sure that those who've been burgled value your opinion

You have admitted (by default) that you don't directly know anyone who has been robbed at all. All you know you have read from the Internet. Yet you go round banking on Romanians windows who are parked outside your house, and you are convinced we are in the midst of a crime wave to the point you are spreading paranoia about it: although you have not been directly affected and neither has anyone you know. You are not particularly bright are you? If you read on Facebook that the aliens had landed would you take to your cellar?

Answer my question

do you think burglars are scumbags or not?