Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

Guys we get it:

spreading paranoia about burglaries, or contributing to hysteria = BAD

Burglars = BAD

Jumping to conclusions about eastern europeans = BAD

getting back on topic with this thread, which is mostly pouring scorn on the hysterics and histrionics of others = GOOD

can we get back to our regular broadcast now please?

Good point

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

Someone said - Burglaries are happening, but so what?

I can see why people have neighbourhood watch schemes and offer support to those who have seen a 1 in 35,000 chance of being burgled, to that of 1 in 1,000.

Good to see these schemes happening and the quicker we get these scumbags off the streets who prey on other peoples property, the better it will be.

You do not read what I've wrote, even though this has been minutely explained to you in great detail and the easiest solution is to say that wankleaks is a TROLL and probably a Romanian one at that.

I strongly recommend that in future you refrain from responding in the heat of the moment to a ten-deep nest of quotes with an ill-formed stream of consciousness rant. Instead, take the time to compose a draft offline, and read it over to yourself to ensure it makes sense. Then, when you realise it doesn't, refine it, spell check it, and repeat this entire process at least three times. Then, finally, please just delete it without posting, because NOBODY CARES!

You do not read what I've wrote, even though this has been minutely explained to you in great detail and the easiest solution is to say that wankleaks is a TROLL and probably a Romanian one at that.

I strongly recommend that in future you refrain from responding in the heat of the moment to a ten-deep nest of quotes with an ill-formed stream of consciousness rant. Instead, take the time to compose a draft offline, and read it over to yourself to ensure it makes sense. Then, when you realise it doesn't, refine it, spell check it, and repeat this entire process at least three times. Then, finally, please just delete it without posting, because NOBODY CARES!

Thank you for responding on behalf of everybody.

If you feel that it's acceptable for people to be burgled then that's your choice. If not, then you're on the same side as me although my bluntness might not be to everybody's taste.

If you feel that it's acceptable for people to be burgled then that's your choice. If not, then you're on the same side as me although my bluntness might not be to everybody's taste.

Please stop clogging up what was a useful and interesting thread with this rubbish

Please stop clogging up what was a useful and interesting thread with this rubbish

I will most definitely respond to people who lie or who try to bully others. Sheldon started it and yet you never responded to him first. You have added a comment and deserve an answer.

Without dragging me into the conversation, What do you want to hear and what do you find useful and interesting?

I can see why people have neighbourhood watch schemes and offer support to those who have seen a 1 in 35,000 chance of being burgled, to that of 1 in 1,000.

Good to see these schemes happening and the quicker we get these scumbags off the streets who prey on other peoples property, the better it will be.

Where do you live? 1955? The reality of our lives is that there is a recession going on and it's not unusual to see a rise of crimes like home breakins in a recession. But all this lunacy happening on Facebook is totally out of all proportion. As Sheldon says maybe engaging your brain before you post night make you look a bit less of a thick Manx irrationally racist govag.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Where do you live? 1955? The reality of our lives is that there is a recession going on and it's not unusual to see a rise of crimes like home breakins in a recession. But all this lunacy happening on Facebook is totally out of all proportion. As Sheldon says maybe engaging your brain before you post night make you look a bit less of a thick Manx irrationally racist govag.

And it continues;

How am I racist?

this thread is never getting back on track is it.

i shouldn't keep checking in any more.

i should just accept that it is lost, derailed, with no more entertainment value.

but i don't want it to be damnit!

• Like 2

I agree with Lao, so anybody heard anything over the weekend? I saw a few police cars and vans Saturday heading back out of Douglas at high speed with sirens on looking like they were heading out Braddan way? Can't see anything on Manx Radio or the Police FB page. Assume false alarm?

Edited by oldmanxfella

Manxy, please start a new thread where you can carry on your debate/argument/discussion/private war.

As per post 1038 - Without dragging me into the conversation, What do you want to hear and what do you find useful and interesting?

Well personally i was enjoying the rigorous deconstruction of over masculine alpha male behaviour in response to a frustrating crime wave, in an already emasculating time in history, coupled with an in depth analysis into the accompanying histrionics including hysteria, paranoia and outrage, which have temporarily replace a society dictated behavioural norm.

Or in laymans terms: empty talk about "smashing the thieves heads in" from 8 stone weaklings who would fall over in a strong wind, and cries of "won't somebody think of the children!" from people distraught to an attention seeking degree.