Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

She is,

I don't agree at all. The police are using social media effectively when required, but don't want to post premature or unfounded information there to start a panic.   Nobody can stop individuals po

Posted Images

He said the same then as he does now :

He contended that all the drugs recovered had come into his possession to be held as security against monies allegedly owed to him by a third party but he refused to identify that third party or the person who had assisted him in obtaining the drugs. He consistently denied being a drug dealer.[/size]

Yes clearly just some sort of bizarre pawn broker who lends money against other people's drugs.

Its not true that he always claimed that the drugs were held as security against monies allegedly owed to him by a third party.

He originally claimed that he had been set up and that the police planted them in the room he occupied in the house. He later admitted that this was a pack of lies

A lot changes in 13 years, the drugs weren't his as he already mentioned on the breakins page, he has no reason to deny it after already serving his sentence.

He said the same then as he does now :

He contended that all the drugs recovered had come into his possession to be held as security against monies allegedly owed to him by a third party but he refused to identify that third party or the person who had assisted him in obtaining the drugs. He consistently denied being a drug dealer.

And if you believe that you'll believe anything!

Getting quite silly on the ole Breakins site now. People giving it 'not bein funny like but wat r police doing?', and then anyone who posts with the voice of reason is hoofed. They're even hoofing people who agree with those that dare question the mob.

• Like 2

Takes some local knowledge to keep getting away though.

With one of those hi-vis invisibility tabards and a jaunty gait they would instantly blend in over here.

(Or shape-shifters ? - obviously I'm just thinking outside the box here)

Sorry, I was away for a long weekend.

Did I miss any more burglaries, or has it slowed down enough for the rampant paranoia to recede to a normal, Island standard level,

unrelated question : I wonder how much SCS' profits will be up this year from fitting new alarm systems ....

I am surprised at the degree to which the police involve themselves in social media sites too. Fair enough to put out basic info and perhaps to keep an ear to the ground about what the unwashed are posting, but to get into conversation with some of the resident idiots and to start congratulating each other on promotions etc. just demeans their standing.

When I first saw the police personnel posts on here and elsewhere, I genuinely thought they were just posting the odd comment in their own time. It never occurred to me for a moment that passing the time of day on line was actually part of the job description. One of the few things that have actually surprised me in recent years. Nice work if you can get it.

• Like 1