Mass Hysteria On Facebook Over IoM Burglaries

Fossils

On the basis that they can't even catch the person who smashed in their front window in the front office of the Castletown police station in broad daylight when, you assume, the police were actually inside the building at the time - it doesn't exactly bode well for them finally catching someone breaking in to a non-police station at night when there's no actual police in the vicinity.

Maybe they just didn't notice.

• Like 1

On the basis that they can't even catch the person who smashed in their front window in the front office of the Castletown police station in broad daylight when, you assume, the police were actually inside the building at the time - it doesn't exactly bode well for them finally catching someone breaking in to a non-police station at night when there's no actual police in the vicinity.

Maybe they just didn't notice.

That was sort of my point - if they didnt notice someone lobbing a stone through the front window of a police station it doesn't particularly bode well for them catching anyone else does it?

Homophobe Houghton starting the granny farming already?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-criticises-police-media-approach-during-burglaries-1-7090615

He still can't get over the past, can he? The old attack the police thing is getting really tiresome. Childish, miserable, small minded, homophobic dimwit.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-criticises-police-media-approach-during-burglaries-1-7090615

He still can't get over the past, can he? The old attack the police thing is getting really tiresome. Childish, miserable, small minded, homophobic dimwit.

I would love the force to explain to him what was going on to try and trace the offenders particularly the scientific stuff, maybe they could draw crayon pictures to assist his understanding oh and let the offenders know too ! Dimwit !

• Like 1

To be fair though he is still recovering from being the victim of crime after that bloke broke in and stole all his payslips.

• Like 13

Why do you refer to Houghton as a homophobe?

His questions on the burglaries seem reasonable enough.

Why do you refer to Houghton as a homophobe?

His questions on the burglaries seem reasonable enough.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/02/11/isle-of-man-politician-compared-to-nazis-over-trans-comments/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Zammo,

reminds me of when I worked 'across' and the employers had access to all staff medical records but denied access to look at your own work file because (and I kid you not) if you discovered you were suffering from a terminal condition that information could 'worry' you.

• Like 1

Loving the new police policy. Well there are burglaries going on but we aren't telling you where, when or how many in case we look uttrerly imcompetent the criminals twig onto the patterns

Is that what is known as a cop-out?

Not often I agree with Bernie Moffatt but on this occasion I make an exception

I think the new tactics make sense.

Police posted up to the minute info on where they were, where the dog van was, where they were looking - ludicrous.

Get a couple of mates to rattle a couple of doors in Douglas and get an up to the minute account of where the coppers are while you do a couple of houses in Port Erin.

Add to that the people phoning in the guy delivering phone books, god botherers and the feckin' milkman, all reported on fartface, you may have well given every copper a gps tracker so you could follow them on an internet.

It'll be DNA, some half decent record searching and a few early morning calls that will catch them.

• Like 1

Loving the new police policy. Well there are burglaries going on but we aren't telling you where, when or how many in case we look uttrerly imcompetent the criminals twig onto the patterns

Is that what is known as a cop-out?

Not often I agree with Bernie Moffatt but on this occasion I make an exception

Presumably the burglars know exactly what they are doing and exactly where they have been - so they are hardly going to get any tips off Facebook posts made by people who are reporting what the burglars already know?

• Like 1

Presumably the burglars know exactly what they are doing and exactly where they have been - so they are hardly going to get any tips off Facebook posts made by people who are reporting what the burglars already know?

Knowing what your enemy knows of your strength, position and knowledge is itself a powerful weapon in warfare. Your enemy having knowledge of what you know about them would likewise be a weapon against you and a defence for them.