Rich People Will Get Killed

The Sick Moon

Not seen it yet so won't comment on it per second but I'm already slightly wary from the title. What percentage of the population are really rich? I think it's not that much and it must be very easy for programme products to find a few who really do take things to excess are are daft enough to go on tv to tell everyone.

What I think is worth throwing into the mix is, not only have the top 1% increased their earnings from @5% to @15% (of the national income), according to the programme - but they're also "avoiding" paying their fair share of tax on it as well, in many cases.

Which of course, is where the IoM, amongst others, fits into things.....It makes you wonder how long it can be sustained before there's some sort of revolution.....?

• Like 1

Anyone catch The Super Rich and Us by Jaques Peretti on the telly box? Part 2 was on last night, you can catch up with it here. Absolutely incredible how the section of society responsible for the financial disaster then went on to benefit from the quantitative easing program, apparently to the tune of £24k per every household in Britain. As a result, the gulf between the super rich and the poorest in society is mind boggling, greater than at any time before. The greed of the wealthy is simply unbelievable. But it seems some of them are now realising that this imbalance is unsustainable, and they won't get away with living in gated communities, separate from the scum, for ever. People won't put up with it. They will start to kill rich people and take their stuff. It's inevitable. Isn't it?

I quite agree. Today's terrorists are religious or ideological terrorists like ISIS. Tomorrows all be the disenfranchised poor pushed down by globalisation and the imbalances in the global financial system. They'll be taking down the gated compounds and reclaiming the wealth inside. Just look at South Africa - a dispossessed poor are more than happy to break in and hack someone to death in their gated complex for having too much when they have nothing. They're not distracted by Fox News and 50" TVs as they don't even get to have them.

Edited by oldmanxfella

I watched the programmes which IMO expressed very well the fact that the low tax, trickle-down economy does not work in the way in which was hoped. I was surprised at the BBC for putting out a piece was so potentially political - but which undermines almost the entire political consensus in the UK. Perhaps it was the high gloss production values.

I would like to have seen a better analysis of how the happy-clappy thinking behind Laffer curves has been demolished. But perhaps that would have turned it into the Open University.

They are all going to move to the isle of man and jet in and out of the UK.

These people don't care about you and me they care about themselves, its the mantra for capitalism.

Alan Bell and his cabal have made the conditions right for them, once the shit hits the fan and people get backed into a corner enough they will rise.

85 people own 50% of the worlds wealth is that fair ?

Anyone catch The Super Rich and Us by Jaques Peretti on the telly box? Part 2 was on last night, you can catch up with it here. Absolutely incredible how the section of society responsible for the financial disaster then went on to benefit from the quantitative easing program, apparently to the tune of £24k per every household in Britain. As a result, the gulf between the super rich and the poorest in society is mind boggling, greater than at any time before. The greed of the wealthy is simply unbelievable. But it seems some of them are now realising that this imbalance is unsustainable, and they won't get away with living in gated communities, separate from the scum, for ever. People won't put up with it. They will start to kill rich people and take their stuff. It's inevitable. Isn't it?

I quite agree. Today's terrorists are religious or ideological terrorists like ISIS. Tomorrows all be the disenfranchised poor pushed down by globalisation and the imbalances in the global financial system. They'll be taking down the gated compounds and reclaiming the wealth inside. Just look at South Africa - a dispossessed poor are more than happy to break in and hack someone to death in their gated complex for having too much when they have nothing. They're not distracted by Fox News and 50" TVs as they don't even get to have them.

I think strength in numbers will always win, the mass of disgruntled people will always beat any thin blue line.

The governments know this, I personally think that the governments and rich are so far removed from the public that they have no idea the struggles that people are having.

Tories have only got the interests of the rich, they went to school with most of these rich people, they come from the same area of society.

I think there will be riots, and as we are seeing from these shootings that certain parts of the society we live in are no longer identifying with the general public.

The trouble is if you only look at the BBC or ITV news then your not going to see the protests etc, the new age of internet news that is free from influence from the elite is starting to scare them.

Their time is coming, more a case of when than if.

Edited by Roger Smelly

Thats why they are getting the laws and means to prevent this happening now under the guise of protecting us from terrorism etc ..any big demo will be turned into a riot,leaders demonised,locked up(with our approval) and nipped in the bud straight away

Of course it is. Similarly with all this access to encrypted information. Governments know there is a financial hit coming which might just tip the balance and light the blue touch paper which is sitting just under the surface. How else do you explain taking away more of our 'freedoms' in response to an attack on our 'freedoms'?

• Like 2