Rich People Will Get Killed

The Sick Moon

I have no issue with wealthy people who go out and spend money on possessions such as a Rolls Royce, Porsche, Ferrari, super yacht or furnishings etc. They are keeping workers employed producing them.

It's when they get involved in the property and financial markets that they begin to distort reality by driving up costs to the ordinary person!

I think it matters little how much money you have go but much more on how you treat people. I try and treat everyone the same no matter what their status perceived or real.

The concept of rich is hard to define so can anyone really go on to define greed or selfishness? Philanthropy on t'other hand is usually fairly easy to define.

(Just noticed the spello in my previous post. I typed define and you get definite! I'd like to meet the person who wrote the android spell checker....)

• Like 1

I consider myself as wealthy, I have little physical possessions but I know what is important in life.

would rather a skint but happy life over wealth any day.

• Like 2

There seems to be a bit of a misconception here about what or who the 1% is. According to OXFAM, and extrapolated worldwide, the average wealth including property, all assets and savings (including pensions) of a 1%er is $2.7 million per adult. However, that is average. Basically, The starting figure is much lower. Actually, lower than you think. It is difficult to pin down exactly, but according to a post by someone on Richard Murphy's site, it is about $1,000,000 or £650,000. That may sound a lot, but it is not really.

From an income perspective, the global median income is $1225.00. To get into the top 1% worldwide you have to earn $34K per annum (approximately £22,500).

So there you have it. Most on here are probably 1%ers. You are the people that OXFAM and various governments want to target with wealth taxes, etc. It is all well and good to show you lavish properties and big boats and cars, etc. in order to get you on board, but they are not the intended targets. YOU ARE!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

"Was the earth made to preserve a few covetous, proud men to live at ease, and for them to bag and barn up the treasures of the earth from others, that these may beg or starve in a fruitful land; or was it made to preserve all her children?"

anonymous

• Like 1