What is going on?

samster

Latest update from someone on Facebook (so it must be true)

" I live up here scared isnt the word we arent aloud out ive heard the body was a rumour apparently fireshots have gone off chainsaws have been used this is what ive heard and some scumbags on a different page with no consideration for others find this funny! Ive saw now loads of police some wearing helmets and and 2 had big shields also police dogs i saw the ambulance not sure if its gone ive got told its the burglars around this area "

I don't know about Head Road but I think the English language has been murderded on Facebook. Was there ever such a huge selection of morons in one place?
I've always thought Jeremy Kyle should go on tour and come and do an Isle Of Man show.

Coming Soon

Ross Kemp Extreme World Isle of Man.

Edited by mad_manx

Head Road incident involved threats with chainsaw and sword

Published online at 17/01/2015 11:20:00

187894-1.jpg

Police say an incident in Douglas last night (Fri) involved a man making threats with a chainsaw and a sword.

There was a heavy police presence including armed officers while the incident on Taubmann Terrace was ongoing and Douglas Head Road was closed for around four hours.

It reopened around 11.30pm after the incident was resolved through negotiation with the man involved and there were no injuries.

A man remains in custody this morning and enquiries are continuing.

Officers are calling it a domestic incident.

Maybe they can now get back to catching burglars

• Like 2

Head Road incident involved threats with chainsaw and sword Published online at 17/01/2015 11:20:00

187894-1.jpg

Police say an incident in Douglas last night (Fri) involved a man making threats with a chainsaw and a sword.

There was a heavy police presence including armed officers while the incident on Taubmann Terrace was ongoing and Douglas Head Road was closed for around four hours.

It reopened around 11.30pm after the incident was resolved through negotiation with the man involved and there were no injuries.

You have to ask did it really need half the Islands constabulary to deal with one man, while the rest of the island is easy game for this professional outfit of burglars who are running rings round our sorry attempt at a police force.

• Like 1

Well it could probably be argued that in a situation involving a man wielding weapons, the response required has to be great enough not only to subdue the threat but also do so without letting any harm come to innocent parties. this could require extra officers for the purposes of evacuating people in or near to danger, crowd control, dog handling, and those officers actually dealing with the weapon wielding man.

It could be considered a strange mental blind spot that no one wants to blame this man's poor sense of timing for tearing away police man hours needed for catching and deterring burglars, just because he wanted to go around wielding weapons which presumably made someone uncomfortable enough to call the police.

Somehow this incident becomes the fault of the police, it's a weird fact of life that once you dislike somebody or an organisation, everything they do will get under your skin, and nothing will ever be good enough.

• Like 8

On facebook someone suggested it was intended as a distraction to give the golden horde free reign at the rest of the Island.

The golden horde? holy shit the mongol Khanate has invaded the isle of man! run for your lives!

what could the local police force do against horse archers?

• Like 3

Head Road incident involved threats with chainsaw and sword Published online at 17/01/2015 11:20:00

187894-1.jpg

You have to ask did it really need half the Islands constabulary to deal with one man, while the rest of the island is easy game for this professional outfit of burglars who are running rings round our sorry attempt at a police force.

You seem to have all the answers and obviously know better than people who have a number of years policing experience so instead of having a pop on an anonymous forum go up to the police station and offer your services.

• Like 2

187894-1.jpg

Maybe at the time it broke out they thought it was something to do with the burglaries.

The burglaries is the relatively easy part, getting away with it, if they really are from the UK etc.and getting it off the island is the difficult bit.There luck might run out yet anyway, if they had just done the first batch and gone, they would have gotten away with it, I think they are getting to greedy, Lots of people here have guns or attack dogs, should be interesting if they hit the wrong house and they are in.

On facebook someone suggested it was intended as a distraction to give the golden horde free reign at the rest of the Island.

The golden horde? holy shit the mongol Khanate has invaded the isle of man! run for your lives!

what could the local police force do against horse archers?

Nappies? , move the tram lines?

I have neither guns nor attack dogs, but given that these lowlife are now known to have committed multiple burglaries, I'd feel justified in giving them both if they forced their way into my property. This could well be the outcome if they're not caught soon, and who could blame a homeowner for taking the law into their own hands. The gloves are off with these scumbags in my opinion.

• Like 1

You seem to have all the answers and obviously know better than people who have a number of years policing experience so instead of having a pop on an anonymous forum go up to the police station and offer your services.

4 hours is a long time with no update as to what is actually occuring. How do you go about contacting the police for their views? I thought they aren't allowed to discuss their duty?, looking at the MT tv interview very little about the operation was said other than it was successful and the officer didn't seem to want to give much information away either.