What is going on?

samster

Head Road incident involved threats with chainsaw and sword Published online at 17/01/2015 11:20:00

187894-1.jpg

Police say an incident in Douglas last night (Fri) involved a man making threats with a chainsaw and a sword.

There was a heavy police presence including armed officers while the incident on Taubmann Terrace was ongoing and Douglas Head Road was closed for around four hours.

It reopened around 11.30pm after the incident was resolved through negotiation with the man involved and there were no injuries.

A man remains in custody this morning and enquiries are continuing.

Officers are calling it a domestic incident.

Maybe they can now get back to catching burglars

You have to ask did it really need half the Islands constabulary to deal with one man, while the rest of the island is easy game for this professional outfit of burglars who are running rings round our sorry attempt at a police force.
You seem to have all the answers and obviously know better than people who have a number of years policing experience so instead of having a pop on an anonymous forum go up to the police station and offer your services.

FFS it was tongue in cheek man, calm down dear.

Although it's only fair to question the effectiveness of our constabularies investigative capabilities if one gang can come over and tie the whole island in knots over the space of a week.

Head Road incident involved threats with chainsaw and sword Published online at 17/01/2015 11:20:00

187894-1.jpg

Police say an incident in Douglas last night (Fri) involved a man making threats with a chainsaw and a sword.

There was a heavy police presence including armed officers while the incident on Taubmann Terrace was ongoing and Douglas Head Road was closed for around four hours.

It reopened around 11.30pm after the incident was resolved through negotiation with the man involved and there were no injuries.

You have to ask did it really need half the Islands constabulary to deal with one man, while the rest of the island is easy game for this professional outfit of burglars who are running rings round our sorry attempt at a police force.
You seem to have all the answers and obviously know better than people who have a number of years policing experience so instead of having a pop on an anonymous forum go up to the police station and offer your services.

Although it's only fair to question the effectiveness of our constabularies investigative capabilities if one gang can come over and tie the whole island in knots over the space of a week.

If it is a gang, or indeed have come over.But that probably is the case especially with the glass cutting thing,, Could be a buch from the UK or a couple of eastern European types who live here (plenty of them).

• Like 1

187894-1.jpg

If it is a gang, or indeed have come over.But that probably is the case especially with the glass cutting thing,, Could be a buch from the UK or a couple of eastern European types who live here (plenty of them).

Sorry a bunch from the UK.

Well I have noticed that there has not been anything in the media about the pick pockets that are patrolling the streets, I was told there has been a spate of people having purses lifted whilst out shopping.

More crime that is not being published in the media.

But this doesn't happen in the safe isle of man where its still safe to leave the key in the door ?thumbsup.gif

This place is getting more like a suburb or the UK by the month

Edited by Roger Smelly
  • Like 2

Well I have noticed that there has not been anything in the media about the pick pockets that are patrolling the streets, I was told there has been a spate of people having purses lifted whilst out shopping.

More crime that is not being published in the media.

But this doesn't happen in the safe isle of man where its still safe to leave the key in the door ?thumbsup.gif

This place is getting more like a suburb or the UK by the month

Are they reporting it iF true though?

Still even if you multiplied our crime about 5 fold it would still be nowhere near as bad as most places in the UK/Ireland,

It would ofcourse help if we could keep track of who`s coming in from where aswell.

I have been reading some of the local online news in quite a few places recently - Newcastle,Blackpool,liverpool Manchester,Southampton,Dublin,Glasgow ect. - some of the things happening there are shocking, there seem to be rapes,murders,child abuse ect. daily that don`t seem to be getting reported nationally, ofcourse we are unfortunatley going to pick some of it up from the surrounding countries.

• Like 1

Lagman you are forgetting the population of this place, millions in the UK only 80k to 90K here.

Yes you are going to get more crime in a bigger populated area its not like for like.

What I think is happening here is people are moving here and the quality of life is starting to dilute.

Speaking as a person born on this island I can tell you the place started going down the toilet from the mid 90's

The locals still have a bond with each other that is still there but the fu*k you jack I am alright attitude of most immigrants has ruined the place.

• Like 4

Lagman you are forgetting the population of this place, millions in the UK only 80k to 90K here.

Yes you are going to get more crime in a bigger populated area its not like for like.

What I think is happening here is people are moving here and the quality of life is starting to dilute.

Speaking as a person born on this island I can tell you the place started going down the toilet from the mid 90's

The locals still have a bond with each other that is still there but the fu*k you jack I am alright attitude of most immigrants has ruined the place.

Not forgetting the pop, also been plenty of stuff happening in the likes of IOW,Newport etc.

Agree with you on the rest though, my particular pet hate is when a criminal is described as a local Douglas (or whatever) man and they have lived here only for a few weeks or months (there is one in the most recent examiner - a local Douglas man with an eastern European name and they couldn`t find a translator for.). We could still enact the residency act and atleast have control of who stays and works here, I`m not sure what the downside is in this with healthcare,buisness etc.

• Like 2

Not forgetting the pop, also been plenty of stuff happening in the likes of IOW,Newport etc.

Agree with you on the rest though, my particular pet hate is when a criminal is described as a local Douglas (or whatever) man and they have lived here only for a few weeks or months (there is one in the most recent examiner - a local Douglas man with an eastern European name and they couldn`t find a translator for.). We could still enact the residency act and atleast have control of who stays and works here, I`m not sure what the downside is in this with healthcare,buisness etc.

The politicians wouldn't have the balls for it and the liberal civil service would like to dilute the manx population anyway. Plus the UK would knock it on the head behind the scenes. Freedom of movement for all so they can screw everywhere over in their quest for the liberal nightmare they want to force on everyone.

• Like 3

What ever happened to belonging to a place, when I was growing up the sense of community was great, we all knew each other and if you ever got up to anything within a day your old girl and old man would know lol.

I am not against people coming here, I just hate seeing the place morph into a soulless suburb of the northwest.

Even dougy butties are thin on the ground lol.

I think the latest spate of crime is probably a well organised group of eastern Europeans, over visiting and taking back some good manx souvenirs lol

• Like 1

The politicians wouldn't have the balls for it and the liberal civil service would like to dilute the manx population anyway. Plus the UK would knock it on the head behind the scenes. Freedom of movement for all so they can screw everywhere over in their quest for the liberal nightmare they want to force on everyone.

You might be right about that, although we do apparently have it reserve by royal ascent mainly for if the population gets to big.

Liberal nightmare/multicultural hell indeed.