What is going on?

samster

I think the latest spate of crime is probably a well organised group of eastern Europeans, over visiting and taking back some good manx souvenirs lol

Any evidence for that or are you just being a twat?

Why would a group of people from anywhere come to the Isle of Man to commit burglaries? By the time they'd paid a ferry ticket for car and passengers there wouldn't be much left from the proceeds of a few second hand games consoles.

• Like 1

What ever happened to belonging to a place, when I was growing up the sense of community was great, we all knew each other and if you ever got up to anything within a day your old girl and old man would know lol.

I am not against people coming here, I just hate seeing the place morph into a soulless suburb of the northwest.

Even dougy butties are thin on the ground lol.

I think the latest spate of crime is probably a well organised group of eastern Europeans, over visiting and taking back some good manx souvenirs lol

I think part of the problem aside from lots of people coming in from elsewhere is people tend to treat the Island like it was any other part of the UK,too many people now have family across so grow up not really thinking themselves entirely Manx but something vaguely British. Not against people moving here either but would like to see some balance and control, how it was with the harder to get work permits was fine,Dandara etc and it`s influence have ruined this, and everyone from construction, to healthcare, and online betting brings in the cheapest workers they can find from anywhere,you can`t do that in a place this size without severely effecting the balance of the whole community.It should be case by case and background checked.

If it is eastern Europeans I`d bet they have been living and working here for a while other than that a UK gang, just don`t see locals hitting this hard and many.

• Like 2

Well I have noticed that there has not been anything in the media about the pick pockets that are patrolling the streets, I was told there has been a spate of people having purses lifted whilst out shopping.

More crime that is not being published in the media.

But this doesn't happen in the safe isle of man where its still safe to leave the key in the door ?thumbsup.gif

This place is getting more like a suburb or the UK by the month

Are they reporting it iF true though?

Still even if you multiplied our crime about 5 fold it would still be nowhere near as bad as most places in the UK/Ireland,

It would ofcourse help if we could keep track of who`s coming in from where aswell.

I have been reading some of the local online news in quite a few places recently - Newcastle,Blackpool,liverpool Manchester,Southampton,Dublin,Glasgow ect. - some of the things happening there are shocking, there seem to be rapes,murders,child abuse ect. daily that don`t seem to be getting reported nationally, ofcourse we are unfortunatley going to pick some of it up from the surrounding countries.

try looking at less rundown areas, crime has always been higher in the iom

• Like 1

Why would a group of people from anywhere come to the Isle of Man to commit burglaries? By the time they'd paid a ferry ticket for car and passengers there wouldn't be much left from the proceeds of a few second hand games consoles.

Like I said if eastern Europeans, I think they would have some living and working experience over here.

Well I have noticed that there has not been anything in the media about the pick pockets that are patrolling the streets, I was told there has been a spate of people having purses lifted whilst out shopping.

But this doesn't happen in the safe isle of man where its still safe to leave the key in the door ?thumbsup.gif

Still even if you multiplied our crime about 5 fold it would still be nowhere near as bad as most places in the UK/Ireland,

It would ofcourse help if we could keep track of who`s coming in from where aswell.

I have been reading some of the local online news in quite a few places recently - Newcastle,Blackpool,liverpool Manchester,Southampton,Dublin,Glasgow ect. - some of the things happening there are shocking, there seem to be rapes,murders,child abuse ect. daily that don`t seem to be getting reported nationally, ofcourse we are unfortunatley going to pick some of it up from the surrounding countries.

Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks.

Or are we talking in the smuggling days?

What ever happened to belonging to a place, when I was growing up the sense of community was great, we all knew each other and if you ever got up to anything within a day your old girl and old man would know lol.

I am not against people coming here, I just hate seeing the place morph into a soulless suburb of the northwest.

Even dougy butties are thin on the ground lol.

Naa it'll be tange and fast Eddie trying to stave off the inevertable.

• Like 2

Why would they need to bring a car? There's plenty of flats chocked full of Eastern Europeans already. They could stay with their mates as long as they want and shift jewellery and other small items off in holdalls. You've got a captive market here for repeat business until it's bled dry then move on. Edited by Lxxx

Why would they need to bring a car? There's plenty of flats chocked full of Eastern Europeans already. They could stay with their mates as long as they want and shift jewellery and other small items off in holdalls. You've got a captive market here for repeat business until it's bled dry then move on.

Point is, without any evidence at all to suggest that Slavik devils are responsible you are just being a racist fuckwit. There are plenty of blocks of flats chock full of impoverished people from both the UK and the IOM too. So what? Any figures to show that Eastern Europeans have commited more burglaries here than anyone else?

• Like 2

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Nope.not really.

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Are you for real?? I grew up in inner city Manchester, the type of places you don't even walk out at nights. The roughest parts of Douglas look like a holiday camp in comparison. You could drop the worst of the worst the IoM could muster there for an hour and they'd be crying for their mummy after 10 minutes.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 2

"It will be Eastern European types"

Because in time's of austerity, every well meaning British and Manx citizen does their duty and accept his lot, without resorting to thievery.

What a load of small minded, racist nonsense.

Are they a different race?

Hardly the first time eastern Europeans have committed crimes here.