What is going on?

samster

LXXX as I said, you can avoid areas like where you grew up in the UK, here you are stuck with it. Where I am from in the UK makes the island look like Mosul w00t.gif, its all relative I suppose but please don't think all of the UK is like where you grew up.

Did you grow up in Narnia?

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Are you for real?? I grew up in inner city Manchester, the type of places you don't even walk out at nights. The roughest parts of Douglas look like a holiday camp in comparison. You could drop the worst of the worst the IoM could muster there for an hour and they'd be crying for their mummy after 10 minutes.

less drug dealers in manchesterthumbsup.gif never had any bother either in manchester

Edited by woody2

LXXX as I said, you can avoid areas like where you grew up in the UK, here you are stuck with it. Where I am from in the UK makes the island look like Mosul w00t.gif, its all relative I suppose but please don't think all of the UK is like where you grew up.

Did you grow up in Narnia?

Im sure there is a joke in there somewhere about Narnia being found in a magic wardrobe, whereas Boris is just deep in a fabulous closet, but that would just detract from the reality that he has his head buried in the sand when it comes to the roughness of the isle of man compared to the UK and how avoidable the rough areas are.

You said the island is a lot rougher than a lot of the UK. It isn't. It has a population roughly the size of an average town in the UK and you could take most towns of a similar size across and find a worse crime rate. Of course you can find villages in nice areas where it is a lot quieter and therefore less undesirables, but give it a few years and even they will be swallowed up by the burgeoning population. Granted the island is getting worse but so are most places in the western world as the money dries up.

You said the island is a lot rougher than a lot of the UK. It isn't. It has a population roughly the size of an average town in the UK and you could take most towns of a similar size across and find a worse crime rate. Of course you can find villages in nice areas where it is a lot quieter and therefore less undesirables, but give it a few years and even they will be swallowed up by the burgeoning population. Granted the island is getting worse but so are most places in the western world as the money dries up.

Exactly this, you have to look at the Island along with the UK/Ireland in one go,Seriously look how wound up we are getting about some burglaries (so far one known posible act of violence).

"It will be Eastern European types"

Because in time's of austerity, every well meaning British and Manx citizen does their duty and accept his lot, without resorting to thievery.

What a load of small minded, racist nonsense.

Are they a different race?

Hardly the first time eastern Europeans have committed crimes here.

Sorry, I shall rephrase

"What a load of small minded, bigoted, unintelligent, xenophobic bollocks"

• Like 1

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Are you for real?? I grew up in inner city Manchester, the type of places you don't even walk out at nights. The roughest parts of Douglas look like a holiday camp in comparison. You could drop the worst of the worst the IoM could muster there for an hour and they'd be crying for their mummy after 10 minutes.

less drug dealers in manchesterthumbsup.gif never had any bother either in manchester

HAha yeah riiiiiight.

Because in time's of austerity, every well meaning British and Manx citizen does their duty and accept his lot, without resorting to thievery.

Sorry, I shall rephrase

This spate of burglaries is certainly outside the normal local levels though in terms of amount over a short period,and method,

like I said I favour either east Europeans who have lived/worked here(again - not the first instance of this) or gang from UK/Ireland (wouldnt exactly be the first instance of this kind of thing either) maybe with local assistance.

If you can`t even see these things as possible then you need to visit reality more.

Sorry, I shall rephrase

Ooh I love it when you talk dirty.

Well in all my years I have never heard of locals pick pocketing or trying to enter houses whilst the people living there are still in the property.

Its out of the norm for the isle of man.

So it has to be people that are skilled at what they are doing, I am not branding all immigrants as trouble, I just think that if the local scumbags are not to blame then who else could it be ?

Would be interesting to know how much shop lifting is going on too ?

• Like 2

Well in all my years I have never heard of locals pick pocketing or trying to enter houses whilst the people living there are still in the property.

So it has to be people that are skilled at what they are doing, I am not branding all immigrants as trouble, I just think that if the local scumbags are not to blame then who else could it be ?

If this was being done by locals someone would talk, the usual suspects would be shaken down and we'd have leads by now. The fact it is still going on, so brazenly, under the radar means we must be dealing with people who sit outside the normal areas of the criminal fraternity. I think we all have our ideas but in this PC world it becomes frowned on to speak the truth. Absolute bullshit.

• Like 3

If this was being done by locals someone would talk, the usual suspects would be shaken down and we'd have leads by now. The fact it is still going on, so brazenly, under the radar means we must be dealing with people who sit outside the normal areas of the criminal fraternity. I think we all have our ideas but in this PC world it becomes frowned on to speak the truth. Absolute bullshit.

manx?