What is going on?

samster

Well in all my years I have never heard of locals pick pocketing or trying to enter houses whilst the people living there are still in the property.

Its out of the norm for the isle of man.

So it has to be people that are skilled at what they are doing, I am not branding all immigrants as trouble, I just think that if the local scumbags are not to blame then who else could it be ?

Would be interesting to know how much shop lifting is going on too ?

If this was being done by locals someone would talk, the usual suspects would be shaken down and we'd have leads by now. The fact it is still going on, so brazenly, under the radar means we must be dealing with people who sit outside the normal areas of the criminal fraternity. I think we all have our ideas but in this PC world it becomes frowned on to speak the truth. Absolute bullshit.

manx?

Get back to reading your Guardian.

• Like 1

Well in all my years I have never heard of locals pick pocketing or trying to enter houses whilst the people living there are still in the property.

So it has to be people that are skilled at what they are doing, I am not branding all immigrants as trouble, I just think that if the local scumbags are not to blame then who else could it be ?

If this was being done by locals someone would talk, the usual suspects would be shaken down and we'd have leads by now. The fact it is still going on, so brazenly, under the radar means we must be dealing with people who sit outside the normal areas of the criminal fraternity. I think we all have our ideas but in this PC world it becomes frowned on to speak the truth. Absolute bullshit.

manx?

times

I don't know if any other MF posters heard it but late on Friday night Allan Bell was heard on Manx Radio news appealing for calm and no need to panic as Police knew who they were looking for.

Edited by Lisenchuk

I don't know if any other MF posters heard it but late on Friday night Allan Bell was heard on Manx Radio news appealing for calm and no need to panic as Police knew who they were looking for.

If they know who they are looking for but can't find them on an island this small then we really are in trouble.

• Like 3

Yeh, well he can kiss my arse, its bloody worrying

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 5

Am I the only one who is seeing the isle of man slowly turning into a place I don't recognise ?

Yeah the place physically is similar but I have always seen a place as more about the people.

Its like watching a slow decline of a once happy place.

Maybe this is what drove the immigrants from the UK over here ?

You can call me a racist if you want but I at least have roots and memories.

The police in my eyes are stretched now, the same as all the other government departments, what is the place going to be like in another 10 years ?

• Like 2

I haven't recognised this place as Manx for a good 10 years Roger. It's not racist to say so. But up until now the money has papered over the cracks. Lots of things that should have been done weren't done, and most people (especially inside IOMG) have just been concerned about looking after themselves. We are now dealing with what's left at the end of a boom built on very little from which only a small group of people have benefitted. Most of the unique reasons why people enjoyed living here or staying here have gone, and in the next few years as the money runs out its going to get worse. It's our fault for letting it happen though not anyone else's.

• Like 6

Well said there, but we really are powerless to do anything about it.

To Alan Bell's credit the guy has stated for a good few years now that the island needs to downsize, but to me I feel like the island is like a carcase that has been picked clean.

Maybe this wake up might bring back some kind of community ?

But looking at the state of the Ramsey post office march I think its a little too much too late.

The safe haven we once were has gone, time to face up to it

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Are you for real?? I grew up in inner city Manchester, the type of places you don't even walk out at nights. The roughest parts of Douglas look like a holiday camp in comparison. You could drop the worst of the worst the IoM could muster there for an hour and they'd be crying for their mummy after 10 minutes.

less drug dealers in manchesterthumbsup.gif never had any bother either in manchester

If there was any credibility in any of your posts you certainly blew it with that gem.

Lagman, the island is a much rougher place than a lot of the UK. In the UK you can avoid the rough areas, over here it is all rough. Not as bad as the sink estates you see on the TV but rough nonetheless..........

Avoid the rough areas in the UK? Haven't you heard about the commuting raiders? With the ring roads now they can do a job in the leafy villages of Buckinghamshire, Surrey or Cheshire etc. then back on the motorway and disappeared into the sink estates before anyone is any the wiser. The Island rough? What a nancy!

• Like 3

manx?

times

Reading? Oh come on.