It's Election Time - Quirk starts asking questions

The 2016 Election has started

An Onchan MHK says he has concerns about the expanding role of the Cabinet Office and the minister for policy and reform, Chris Robertshaw.

David Quirk has tabled two questions on the issue for the House of Keys sitting this week, one for oral answer and one for written reply according to Manx Radio.

Edited by Manxtrust
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you having a fucking laugh??   David Quirk epitomises all that is wrong with our national Parliament. I bet he wakes up every morning wondering how he ended up where he is, earning what he does

I hope the voters in 2016 now realise that the governments of good old boys, farmers, painters, plumbers. postmen, jumper salesman , tractor salesmen , electrical retailers etc are no longer fit for p

None of them would last 5 minutes in the real world, doing a proper job, with words like consequences, justification, savings etc actually having to mean something.

David always has a number of questions down for both the Keys and Tynwald, many of which are very appropriate and obtaining information into the public domain. Its a pity there isn't more like David who are not afraid to ask questions that the Establishment would prefer not to be asked.

Are you having a fucking laugh??

David Quirk epitomises all that is wrong with our national Parliament. I bet he wakes up every morning wondering how he ended up where he is, earning what he does, whilst at the same time being barely able to string a sentence together.

Like many others he has found himself in the lofty position of Government on the back of parish pump 'dog shit' local politics and realised that he hasnt' got a fucking clue what he is doing once he is there. So, head down, make a noise every now and again and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

More like David Quirk? I really hope not.

• Like 12

David Quirk epitomises all that is wrong with our national Parliament......

And boy does he have some competition for that accolade.

• Like 4

I have never voted for David Quirk, I never will, he is brain dead and thus dangerous, I think with his constituency going down to a two member one he is wasting his time trying to make an impression of being competent. Also, half the people who voted for him at the last election will be dead or have dementia so he chances are xxxxxxx.

I have never voted for David Quirk, I never will, he is brain dead and thus dangerous, I think with his constituency going down to a two member one he is wasting his time trying to make an impression of being competent. Also, half the people who voted for him at the last election will be dead or have dementia so he chances are xxxxxxx.

With this shower in charge, with very few exceptions, I reckon the whole island and I include myself have some disability of reasoning, I voted for Cregeen on the basis that he could probably urinate unaided, I may have been wrong.

Roll on 2016 we need some fresh faces !

David Quirk, who is he?

A big noise up in Onchan, this former Corpy plumber has spent his life's work trying to get voted in, having failed in '86, 91, 96, 2001. Dave's lost more deposits than Dumbell's Bank.

He's attained legendary status on the Steering Committee for Towed Caravans 2014. Which pretty much sums him up.

Approaching 65 at the next election, hopefully he won't stand.

TBT.

• Like 1

I wonder if I'm asked to cover the next election in Onchan? Or are any seats likely to be uncontested (safer bet)?