So yet again the hard working middle income group get thumped cheers Eddie. I think I'll sack someone as you've done fuck all for the self employed middle earners.Not only are we paying NI at a higher rate for the privilege of all the headaches, pay employers NI and pay fucking vat because our turnover is higher than the threshold so we're left with fuck all. Better off closing shop, signing on and becoming unemployable. Fucking clueless twats all of them. As far as NEETS are concerned again they haven't got a fucking clue. Been there and done that waste of fucking time to do it again they would have to pay me and pay the NEET's wages for all the back chat and attitude you get for trying to give them a job. A few more coming your way Eddie for your unemployment figures.

• Like 4
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eddy will divide the remaining outstanding budget deficit and divide it by the 33,000 or whatever it is island households to produce a further levy on the ordinary people to keep his scrawny arse in t

Interesting how presentation is everything and if you are moronic about the way you announce it you are sunk. Everyone will pay an extra £160 no matter what they earn, and this seems to have been gree

11 hundred take home, or less if the 15 k is from being self employed, rent or mortgage 700 a month, two kids, food 300 a month and petrol car tax electricity rates phone and so on. 15k is fuck all to

Posted Images

No news about the VAT agreement?

You mean you weren't listening? Bloody hell. This isn't good enough. Thought you moved there so you could get 1368AM when the 'net goes down.

Your honour,

I was:

1. Walking th dog,
  2. Cleaning the kitchen.

BTW I can get 1368 rather well here of an evening...

Having now had chance to look at this its looking like we would be better off in the UK. Hardly any difference in tax and the slight increase is offset by cheaper houses, food and flights to the sun. Boat in the morning if it's working.

Having now had chance to look at this its looking like we would be better off in the UK. Hardly any difference in tax and the slight increase is offset by cheaper houses, food and flights to the sun. Boat in the morning if it's working.

Are you local, or did you come here for the low tax or because the Island appealed to you in a less pecuniary way? Would you live in a place based just on your pocket?

A few weeks ago Chris Thomas eked figures out of Eddie that indicated that the lowest earning quarter of Manx residents actually ran into debt on weekly living expenses. The next lowest earning quartile had something like £6 a week to spare.

He would now appear to propose taxing (largely) this second group to the tune of a further £300-£400 per annum by hiking the Income Tax rate to 20%, although there is proposed to be a concession by raising the threshold to @ £14k.

Where are these people supposed to find the money for this extra tax?

We'll take free TV licences off a lot of pensioners and save £600k a year.

Compare the above to:

No change for existing Tax Cappers at £120k, although the apparent hoards of new applicants will be taxed at £125k.

No change to zero/Ten "We fiddle with this at our peril" (quote/unquote)

The £7m odd we throw at landowners annually for sitting on their corpulent arses doing jack-shit with their palms outstretched

We also still require a further drawdown of £11m from reserves to keep the gravy train wheels greased.

"A Prosperous and Caring Society". "The Isle of Man where you can."

Bollocks to the lot of the self-serving, corrupt arseholes. It's not a question of what aspects of life in UK might be better or worse. It's a simple fact of being unable to AFFORD to live over here.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1

Woolley I'm local more local than most and it's not all about money it's about fairness. Plenty of places across that can offer the same if not better than what's on offer here. Be realistic on what have we got that can't be found in Cornwall, Yorkshire, Wales, scenery just as good, easy enough to find a good school, reasonably priced housing, cheaper manx lamb. ...yummie and cheaper flights to the sun and not everywhere is a crime hot spot. Grandad was a manxie kids are manx and I schooled here studied here and have worked here since 15 apart from a few years overseas. What's the USP for the island?

Edited by CBman

A few weeks ago Chris Thomas eked figures out of Eddie that indicated that the lowest earning quarter of Manx residents actually ran into debt on weekly living expenses. The next lowest earning quartile had something like £6 a week to spare.

He would now appear to propose taxing (largely) this second group to the tune of a further £300-£400 per annum by hiking the Income Tax rate to 20%, although there is proposed to be a concession by raising the threshold to @ £14k.

Compare the above to:

No change for existing Tax Cappers at £120k, although the apparent hoards of new applicants will be taxed at £125k.

The £7m odd we throw at landowners annually for sitting on their corpulent arses doing jack-shit with their palms outstretched

We also still require a further drawdown of £11m from reserves to keep the gravy train wheels greased.

Bollocks to the lot of the self-serving, corrupt arseholes. It's not a question of what aspects of life in UK might be better or worse. It's a simple fact of being unable to AFFORD to live over here.

If you're on over 15k (remember the talk said to bring it OVER 14k, not to 14k) and you've only got £6 a month after living expenses, you're doing something wrong somewhere along the way.

• Like 1

Woolley I'm local more local than most and it's not all about money it's about fairness. Plenty of places across that can offer the same if not better than what's on offer here. Be realistic on what have we got that can't be found in Cornwall, Yorkshire, Wales, scenery just as good, easy enough to find a good school, reasonably priced housing, cheaper manx lamb. ...yummie and cheaper flights to the sun and not everywhere is a crime hot spot. Grandad was a manxie kids are manx and I schooled here studied here and have worked here since 15 apart from a few years overseas. What's the USP for the island?

I was just interested after reading your reaction to the budget. I agree with a lot of what you say there although I reckon fairness is a quality in short supply wherever you go. Thanks.

Its the daily living costs which make the UK cheaper, there is a huge difference in tax when you account for council tax but more or less everything else is cheaper.

11 hundred take home, or less if the 15 k is from being self employed, rent or mortgage 700 a month, two kids, food 300 a month and petrol car tax electricity rates phone and so on. 15k is fuck all to live on and it certainly doesn't put you into the middle earners category.

• Like 6

If you're on over 15k (remember the talk said to bring it OVER 14k, not to 14k) and you've only got £6 a month after living expenses, you're doing something wrong somewhere along the way.

Depends how they calculate living expenses. On an average month I have around £300 a month disposible income, that gets spent on Christmas presents, Birthday presents, fixing the car, taxing the car, perhaps buying white goods as something has packed up etc in a bad month that disposable income gets wiped out all too easily.

Compare the above to:

Helix, Government's own Treasury-produced figures. And it was £6 a week.

£15k a year is £300 a week, give or take. Take a mortgage or rent (IoM property/rental prices?), household costs, family and feeding expenses and running a vehicle out of that and I don't find that £6 a week spare to be unimaginable. Let's not forget all the other increasing Govt taxes and charges. And now Teare proposes to take possibly more than that away in raised income tax.

This Island is now run for wealthy parasites more than ever before IMHO.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 5

No problem Woolley, it's a right bumer as I love this place and those of us in the lower middle earning bracket 42 to 45 k for a couple are getting hammered while those at the top are ok thank you very much no tax increase for them and those who for whatever reason are at the bottom end are ok still if anything better off and those right at the bottom are even better of again and will possibly get a bigger tax rebate for not getting out of bed to find a job.

CB you've lost me I'm afraid. I don't see the hard working middle being hit again. There's a proposal to make some quite big changes to the tax system from April 2016. He actually said that the low paid would fall out of the tax net and depending on the rest of the economy the measures could be tax neutral for everyone else.

Also VAT was mentioned. Its in Hansard and the speech is also on the Gov website.